Menu

“If your gift is not from the registry, please bring a receipt”

Hyacinth

When we have a nice dinner with company, we use nice dishes - whatever is the best we have - preferably matching, LOL.  (Our everyday table would definitely make most of the Hive cringe.)

It's been so long since we've had adult guests for dinner in my house though.  Like long before I had kids.  Normally, in the unusual case that we are entertaining, we take people out to eat.  Or it's a big party and served buffet style.

My parents use their best dishes and glasses when they do Thanksgiving etc.  Always have, even when we were kids and didn't have company.  It definitely makes it more special.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MissLemon said:

My mother used "the good stuff" for every holiday dinner.  I use it on holidays, too, which bothers my inlaws for some reason. Whenever they've come over, I get "Miss Lemon, are you suuuuuuuure you don't want to use paper plates instead? Are you suuuuuuuure you want to use those crystal iced tea glasses?  Are you suuuuuuuure you want to use this silverware?" 

Yes, I'm sure.  That's why I put it on the table. 🙄

Tried to switch it up and used paper plates when they came by this last Christmas, since "the good stuff" gives them anxiety.  They still didn't like it.  🤷‍♂️ 

Well, what does that tell you?  🙂