Menu

On-line Latin for 6th grader

Samantheia

Hi All,

I'm looking for an on-line latin class for next year for my rising 6th grader. Does anyone have experience with Latin 1 through WTMA or Schole Academy? I'm a

big fan of Lukeoin, but I'm not sure if he's ready for the work load of their classes. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

No personal experience with the online class, but I tutor a seventh grade student who talks non-stop about her good experience with Memoria Press First and Second Form online classes...

I have used just the books for First-Fourth Form Latin and love the pace and organization.

• Like 1

We've been doing Latin 1 at Wilson Hill with Mrs. Songer this year and have been happy with the experience. The schedule for Schole didn't work for us, but we did enjoy the LFC class that we did over there. WHA uses Latin Alive curriucla like Schole Academy and Veritas Press as well.

We’ve done Latin for Children A at Wilson Hill Academy and we switched to Latin for Children B at Schole Academy. My rising 7th grader will either continue to Latin for Children C or Latin 1 at Schole Academy. We absolutely love it! She has Amanda Reeves as a teacher and I can’t say enough good things about her. This year she teaches the C and Latin 1 class also, so I’m really hopeful she’ll teach the same classes next year so we can continue with her. 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:37 AM, JeanMarie said:

Hi All,

I'm looking for an on-line latin class for next year for my rising 6th grader. Does anyone have experience with Latin 1 through WTMA or Schole Academy? I'm a

big fan of Lukeoin, but I'm not sure if he's ready for the work load of their classes. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

My son is doing Latin 1 online at Schole´Academy with Mrs. Reeves.  She is wonderful, but if I had a 6th grader, I'd have him do Fundamentals of Latin at Wilson Hill Academy with Kelly Songer and then move on to Latin 1 at either school.

• Like 1