Menu

Mid Year Report question

EKS

If your student is taking classes at a credit granting institution, in addition to uploading the homeschool transcript (which, in our case, contains grades from all classes, homeschool and otherwise) to the Common App, do you send an official transcript containing first semester grades from that institution to each college?

That's what we did. I sent our DE transcript via Parchment direct from the community college to every school we applied to. This meant every regular decision school got one copy of our DE transcript (because the grades were finalized in mid December and most RD apps were due January 1-ish. This also meant that every school we applied Early Action to got 2 copies of our DE transcript (cha-ching! ugh!). The original one which had grades from 9th - 11th grade that got submitted around November 1 for the EA deadline, and then the extra one for the Mid Year report which had all of the previous grades as well as the finalized first semester Senior year grades. The second one I sent out as soon as fall semester grades were finalized with my Mid Year report (which of course had our homeschool transcript/course descriptions updated with all first semester grades including our DE grades).

14 hours ago, RootAnn said:

I think so. We were lucky that we only had one college to send grades from & a $5 per college-applied-to charge. I think one school dropped off the list by then so we saved $5 by not sending the DE transcript to that one (again).

Ooh, nice fees! Ours were $10 a pop. Ouch!

• Like 1

I printed the unofficial college transcript (since I had direct access to it) and wrote “official transcript will be provided upon acceptance” and uploaded it along with my transcript. So unless someone asks for more than that, I figured we’d only pay to send the official transcript to the whatever college she winds up attending.

• Like 2