Menu

Economics resource

Thank you for posting!  I heard this on the radio  this morning as well.  I found the Marketplace article and the book.  (I also found the book for sale on Amazon, since I don't like reading online.)  

And I agree they made it sound like it was going to be a read-along/book club/econ course:  "we’re hoping you’ll read it along with us."

But I couldn't find any other information online about reading and studying the book together.  I'm not even sure now who the "us" is?  The Marketplace hosts?  The book's author?  Was it a real invitation, or more along the lines of "let's do lunch some time"?  

I only occasionally hear Marketplace if I happen to be in the car at the right time, so if you hear anything, can you post it to this thread?  

44 minutes ago, daijobu said:

Thank you for posting!  I heard this on the radio  this morning as well.  I found the Marketplace article and the book.  (I also found the book for sale on Amazon, since I don't like reading online.)  

And I agree they made it sound like it was going to be a read-along/book club/econ course:  "we’re hoping you’ll read it along with us."

But I couldn't find any other information online about reading and studying the book together.  I'm not even sure now who the "us" is?  The Marketplace hosts?  The book's author?  Was it a real invitation, or more along the lines of "let's do lunch some time"?  

I only occasionally hear Marketplace if I happen to be in the car at the right time, so if you hear anything, can you post it to this thread?  

I sent an email to say "I'm in" to the provided address.  We'll see if anything comes of it.  At the very least, we may hear updates on the news since we have it on most mornings.  Dd loves Marketplace and recently asked when she would be learning more to understand some of the topics addressed so this is a big win-win for us.

• Like 1