Menu

Has anyone used Life of Fred for high school

I think my boys would like these. They have the Math and LA for high school. Has anyone done this before? One child would be doing Algebra 1 next year for 10th grade and not sure if you can start Life of Fred in Algebra. Also, do you think the Math and LA would be ok for high school? I've not actually heard of anyone using it at this level so that is why I'm asking. I just started Analytical Grammar a few months ago because my 3 needed grammar. Life of Fred looks like a fun way to learn.

• Like 1

We used it for my son but had to switch because it was to easy just to look at the answers. Hopefully they fixed that. Taping index cards to the answers may help. We used both algebra and trig and found the same issue. It was to easy just to glance over and see the answer.

• Like 1

Life of Fred is a fun supplement for someone who has already been taught and understands the basic concepts and just needs reinforcement from a different angle, but in my opinion it does not have enough direct explanation or practice to stand alone as a full curriculum, especially without a parent teaching lessons.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Mom28kds said:

One child would be doing Algebra 1 next year for 10th grade and not sure if you can start Life of Fred in Algebra.

I am not a fan of Life of Fred, but I'm pretty sure that Algebra 1 was the original entry point to the series (as in, I think he wrote Algebra 1 first).

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, EKS said:

I am not a fan of Life of Fred, but I'm pretty sure that Algebra 1 was the original entry point to the series (as in, I think he wrote Algebra 1 first).

Calculus was actually first.

Algebra 1 probably came next when he decided to make it a series.

• Like 2