Menu

wuhan - coronavirus

gardenmom5

@Carol in CA @mathnerd

These were the medical facilities that messed up my breast cancer diagnosis 😞

https://abc7news.com/health/santa-clara-couple-now-sick-after-trip-on-princess-cruise-ship/5988147/
“Leanne and Robert Cummins of Santa Clara were on board the Grand Princess Cruise ship to Mexico that departed on Feb. 11. A man on board that ship was infected with coronavirus and later died, making him the first Californian to die of the virus.

After being notified of the man's death by the cruise line, Mrs. Leanne Cummins said they started looking to be tested for the virus - especially since they are filling ill.

The 10-day cruise returned to the U.S. on Feb. 28 and days later on March 4 an elderly man on-board the ship who tested positive for the coronavirus died at a hospital in Roseville near Sacramento.

Cummins said her husband has been very ill in recent days with no appetite, trouble breathing, and a fever at one point as high as 103 degrees. She told ABC7 News they have been self-quarantining at their Santa Clara home. Mrs. Cummins also said at one point she felt weak and fainted.

On Wednesday Cummins said she called the Sutter Health Urgent Care facility in Mountain View looking to be tested for the virus. She was told to go to the emergency room at her local hospital.

She reached out to the emergency room at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View which then told her to call her doctor. She said her doctor then told her to go to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center to get tested. She said she called Valley Medical Center and was told that the hospital did not have any test kits and would not be conducting any testing for the coronavirus. She was told to call the CDC.

On Thursday, Mrs. Cummins said she did exactly that and a CDC representative told her to call the California Department of Public Health. She did and was told to call the Santa Clara County Health Department. She made that call and reached an answering machine.

ABC7 News has also tried several times to speak to a public information officer at Santa Clara County Health Department in reference to where someone concerned about exposure to the virus should go for testing and was unsuccessful.

After numerous calls a non-public health employee who was assigned to answer phones told ABC7 News that Mrs. Cummins should call her primary care physician back and have the doctor call the public health provider intake line.

Again, still no answer as to where the couple should go to get tested.

Both Leanne and Robert Cummins still work so they are worried that if they are in fact carrying the virus they could have unknowingly infected a number of other people. Mrs. Cummins said it wasn't until Wednesday that she received notice from Princess Cruises stating that she was on-board a cruise ship with a passenger who tested positive for coronavirus.

Cummins also added that of the ten family members who were on the cruise, only 4 of them have been tested for the virus, her sister and husband-in-law in Sacramento and her sister and husband-in-law in Nevada County.

She believes the state should be more proactive in testing all of the passengers on-board the same cruise as that California man who died this week.”

• Sad 12

I don't understand how it is that Coast Guard helicopters can fly thousands of test kits out to the Grand Princess cruise ship off San Francisco, but there are still families at the WA state Life Care Center who can't get their loved ones tested at the facility where most of the deaths have occurred.  The patients can only get tested if they are brought to the ER at Evergreen with symptoms, according to the family press conference today.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I don't understand how it is that Coast Guard helicopters can fly thousands of test kits out to the Grand Princess cruise ship off San Francisco, but there are still families at the WA state Life Care Center who can't get their loved ones tested at the facility where most of the deaths have occurred.  The patients can only get tested if they are brought to the ER at Evergreen with symptoms, according to the family press conference today.  

300 test kits https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/03/05/coronavirus-fears-keeps-grand-princess-in-limbo-off-california-coast/

“In a news release Wednesday night, Princess Cruises said the plan was for helicopters to deliver sampling kits to the ship Thursday morning. Those flights from the California National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing began arriving around 11 a.m.

Four members from the 129th and a representative from the CDC was hoisted down to the Grand Princess with 300 test kits.

The onboard medical team would now administer the tests with the samples being sent in batches by helicopter to a state testing lab in Richmond. Cruise line officials placed the number of those who needed to be tested to fewer than 100.”

13 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Bno: Officials in Sunnyvale, California, say a 72-year-old person has died despite officers performing CPR. It was later learned that this person had been on a cruise ship with 2 people suspected of having coronavirus. No further details yet.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/patient-on-cruise-with-passengers-suspected-of-having-coronavirus-dies-sunnyvale-dps/2248755/
“The Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety said a 72-year-old patient who was recently on a cruise ship with passengers suspected of having coronavirus died Thursday.

Officers performed CPR on the patient, who was unconscious and not breathing, but the patient did not survive, police said.

Officers later learned that the patient had been on the cruise with two passengers suspected of having the virus.

Sunnyvale DPS will hold a press conference at 5 p.m. to provide more information.”

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

My favorite local art museum has cancelled all events though they still allow visitors. Definitely check before going.

We usually skip the formal "events" and do self-guided tours. So far, they plan to be open (yay!).  

I might change my mind about the children's museum and try to hit it before spring break. They posted a memo that they've upped the frequency of cleaning, (although their memo said "We've been using this sweet new anti-bacterial cleaner!"  Cool story. Won't work on influenza or COVID-19.  It does make me feel better about staph, though.  

Edited by MissLemon

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

300 test kits https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/03/05/coronavirus-fears-keeps-grand-princess-in-limbo-off-california-coast/

“In a news release Wednesday night, Princess Cruises said the plan was for helicopters to deliver sampling kits to the ship Thursday morning. Those flights from the California National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing began arriving around 11 a.m.

Four members from the 129th and a representative from the CDC was hoisted down to the Grand Princess with 300 test kits.

The onboard medical team would now administer the tests with the samples being sent in batches by helicopter to a state testing lab in Richmond. Cruise line officials placed the number of those who needed to be tested to fewer than 100.”

I am back feeling confused about “test kits” 

Do 300 kits test 300 people?

or each kit tests multiple people?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/patient-on-cruise-with-passengers-suspected-of-having-coronavirus-dies-sunnyvale-dps/2248755/
“The Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety said a 72-year-old patient who was recently on a cruise ship with passengers suspected of having coronavirus died Thursday.

Officers performed CPR on the patient, who was unconscious and not breathing, but the patient did not survive, police said.

Officers later learned that the patient had been on the cruise with two passengers suspected of having the virus.

Sunnyvale DPS will hold a press conference at 5 p.m. to provide more information.”

Are these same or different than the ship being held off CA coast with helicopter test kit delivery?

2 minutes ago, Pen said:

I'm pretty sure it's 1 kit for 1 person.

They do not have thousands of kits available.

2 minutes ago, Pen said:

I don’t know if these test kits are from CDC or made in California. Not stated in any local news I have read.

Just now, Pen said:

Are these same or different than the ship being held off CA coast with helicopter test kit delivery?

Dr. Campbell said they had let 2500 passengers off and then 2500 new passengers got on, and those new passengers are having tests brought to them by helicopter (only for those suspected of being infected), and presumably the previous 2500, except the one who died, all need to be tracked down.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, JadeOrchidSong said:

It is amazing that so many Americans are going to still travel during the children's spring break. There may be more widespread outbreak after spring break. A friend asked people in her area if they will go travel  as planned during spring break. They all responded yes, 87 families responded. Amazing! 

Why are Americans so optimistic? 

I am traveling this weekend.  But not to a hot spot, in a car, and not going to any large gathering, Most of our touring will be outdoors and I am going to cities that are less likely to have people infected.  I mean, I still go to stores, restaurants, doctor's offices, etc, so I do not see any big difference.  Now going to DisneyWorld where people fly in from lots of countries and states- no, I wouldn't be doing that.  But I haven't been told by my doctors to stay home, just use my best judgement.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I'm pretty sure it's 1 kit for 1 person.

They do not have thousands of kits available.

“Each lab that orders a diagnostic panel from the CDC to test for COVID-19 will receive one diagnostic panel initially, and each panel can test 700 to 800 patient specimens” https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/02/811314938/coronavirus-testing-what-to-know-as-it-becomes-available-across-the-u-s

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Thanks for the correction.  

I wish they'd send the leftovers to WA.   The people at the Life Care Center should be tested.     The family members who have been inside the facility recently should be tested, too.   They say they haven't been tested and those who have asked the health dept. if they should be self-isolating have been told no???  That doesn't sound right to me since we keep getting reports of other people in the community who have to stay home because they've had some kind of contact with someone with a positive test result, like the firefighters.   

One woman said that her mother died today at the LCC and she wanted to have testing done to see if her mother had the virus.  She was told no because even if she tested positive her cause of death would still be "natural causes".  It makes no sense to me...how will all this contact tracing happen if the testing isn't done?  

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Laurie said:

One woman said that her mother died today at the LCC and she wanted to have testing done to see if her mother had the virus.  She was told no because even if she tested positive her cause of death would still be "natural causes".  It makes no sense to me...how will all this contact tracing happen if the testing isn't done? 

I honestly think they (CDC/current administration) don't want contract tracing or true quarantines.  They don't want the economic hit from shutting things down indefinitely.  I don't really see any alternative.  If we really wanted to shut down the virus we'd be closing boarders and doing widespread testing of everyone with symptoms.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I think they are purposefully not testing on the west coast for many individuals because contact tracing is cost-prohibitive and nearly impossible at this point for everyone suspected of having the virus. This is a change from last week in behavior, but not an official change in policy. Tests in WA and OR are being limited to those hospitalized.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Renai said:

Are you sure this isn't one of those sarcastic articles, like what The Onion puts out????

Our church has made provisions in the last few years to have people vote and participate in discussion on our session and with the Board of Trustees/  Congress is notoriously slow to adapt to modern ways.\

I called and left a message with my pulmonologist team and they said the CDC hasn't given them any guidance at all for what should be happening to chronically ill pulmonology patients who are one of the high risk groups.  And I had to correct the nurse that the symptoms are not like the flu at all- no runny nose, no muscle aches and pains, no feeling like you were hit by a bus, no headache either.  Only symptoms are cough, fever and short of breath.  But it is spring here and I and most other asthma patients will be getting short of breath and coughing.  Since a lot of us are on steriods, we also tend not to get fevers.  Can I say that CDC has really really really dropped the ball.  They were too concerned with chastising people who are on opioids and not enough time on true emergencies.

• Like 2

Tennessee case is in Williamson county about 15-20 min from Nashville and about 45-55 from my house. Crud crud crud. 
I know that this is a big health thing and all but...

my drama group has been practicing for weeks and should be having a show on April 4.

Please please please let it happen....

• Sad 3

Do you guys have any idea what your state's capacity is for testing? 
Our state (Texas) just announced that once all our labs are up and running (by the end of March), they will be "able to process more than 125 Covid 19 tests per day."

We have a population of 28.7 million people. We have two busy international airports (Dallas #4th busiest and Houston #14th busiest). 

This seems low capacity given these statistics.  

ETA: Link - https://www.kltv.com/2020/03/05/governor-announces-tyler-lab-will-be-coronavirus-test-site/

Edited by Bambam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TravelingChris said:

I called and left a message with my pulmonologist team and they said the CDC hasn't given them any guidance at all for what should be happening to chronically ill pulmonology patients who are one of the high risk groups.  And I had to correct the nurse that the symptoms are not like the flu at all- no runny nose, no muscle aches and pains, no feeling like you were hit by a bus, no headache either.  Only symptoms are cough, fever and short of breath.  But it is spring here and I and most other asthma patients will be getting short of breath and coughing.  Since a lot of us are on steriods, we also tend not to get fevers.  Can I say that CDC has really really really dropped the ball.  They were too concerned with chastising people who are on opioids and not enough time on true emergencies.

Yep, and for all those people, and also for anyone who gets pneumonia with wheezing, they prescribe steroids, which I've heard can be a bad idea for Corona virus patients.  But why do a differential diagnosis? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Katy said:

I honestly think they (CDC/current administration) don't want contract tracing or true quarantines.  They don't want the economic hit from shutting things down indefinitely.  I don't really see any alternative.  If we really wanted to shut down the virus we'd be closing boarders and doing widespread testing of everyone with symptoms.

I think that is at state or county level rather than CDC/current administration. My school district is following whatever my county’s public health department says.

ETA:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/05/discovery-museum-san-jose-preschool-closed-for-the-week-after-coronavirus-exposure/
“The county is not, however, recommending the closure of schools, noting that “very few children” are affected by the virus.

“If a staff member is confirmed to have COVID-19, we will consider the event based on the specific facts and circumstances to determine whether that school should close,” said Cody. “We really want children to go along with their lives..the school closure issue is a very large one, with the potential to have tremendous impact, particularly for working parents.”” 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The community college where my teen goes to has updated their FAQs. Below quoted is just part of the FAQs page.

“Are classes going to be canceled at Foothill?  

We are not currently planning to cancel classes, but will reassess as the Covid-19 situation develops. The current risk levels are low and we should carry on as normal.  The general rule of thumb is to maintain normalcy as much as possible when confronted by exceptional situations.

Will there be a campus shutdown? Who's supposed to be telling us this?

Foothill College will follow public health recommendations and there has been no mandate to shut school campuses. Thus, there are no current plans to shut down the campus. If this does become necessary, the college will message directly to faculty, students, and staff using text, email, and our website. Please also see the QR code on the posters around campus to directly access information.

If students get the coronavirus, will they still have to take their final exams? Will that be handled on a case by case basis depending on the instructor?

Any student who becomes ill will be supported by the college. Our focus will be to make sure the student has appropriate medical care. The administration will then work with the student's instructors to agree on a sensible and fair way for the student to successfully complete the class when they have recovered.

In the event of a campus shut down during class time/finals, would instructors be open to preparing online accessible content? 

We are working with instruction and the office of online learning to prepare for this eventuality and will make sure that students are able to complete their course work successfully.”

8 minutes ago, Bambam said:

Our state (Texas) just announced that once all our labs are up and running (by the end of March), the capacity will be "able to process more than 125 Covid 19 tests per day."

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx

“Is California able to test for COVID-19?

The California Department of Public Health announced on February 28, 2020, that new CDC test kits used to detect Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) now available in California can be used to do diagnostic testing in the community. California will immediately receive an additional shipment of kits to test up to 1,200 people. This means California public health officials will get test results sooner, so that any patients will get the best care.

California Public Health Laboratories with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) testing capabilities.

Currently, eleven California public health labs have already received CDC test kits and have begun testing. These labs include CDPH's Laboratory in Richmond, and the Alameda, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Tulare, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego County labs. The CDPH Laboratory will provide diagnostic testing within a 48-hour turnaround time. More public health labs will soon be able to test, ramping up to a total of 20 public health labs in California in the coming weeks.  California Public Health Laboratories are working together as a network to provide novel coronavirus testing state-wide.  All requests for coronavirus testing for public health purposes must be submitted through a licensed health care provider and be approved by the Local Health Department prior to laboratory testing. COVID-19 California Map (PDF)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Presumably they would not have had PPE to the level required if they didn’t know 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Tennessee case is in Williamson county about 15-20 min from Nashville and about 45-55 from my house. Crud crud crud. 

my drama group has been practicing for weeks and should be having a show on April 4.

If it does turn out you can’t do it live maybe you can livestream it instead

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Dr. Campbell said they had let 2500 passengers off and then 2500 new passengers got on, and those new passengers are having tests brought to them by helicopter (only for those suspected of being infected), and presumably the previous 2500, except the one who died, all need to be tracked down.

Some people assuming crew are still on board from the previous cruise 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

It's confusing, though, because some people who have had coronavirus say they did have flu-like symptoms. The guy in the article linked below says he had a runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, burning eyes, fever, and cough.        

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html                                                                                                 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Presumably they would not have had PPE to the level required if they didn’t know 

I assumed so 😞

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunnyvaleDPS/status/1235727444553814016
“Sunnyvale DPS

1h

Earlier today our officers performed CPR on a 72-year-old patient who was unconscious and not breathing. Unfortunately, the patient didn’t survive. It was later learned the patient had recently been on a cruise with two passengers were suspected of having COVID19.

Sunnyvale DPS

The press conference time has been changed from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Thank you for your understanding.”

21 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Yes, we are wondering about things getting cancelled too. Piano competition in two weeks, large AHG camping event in late April, dd's musical in late May, summer camps and VBS in June....

• Like 1

“The Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose is also closed for the rest of the week, after an employee was exposed to a confirmed case of coronavirus, according to Cecilia Clark, interim director of marketing for the museum.” https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/05/discovery-museum-san-jose-preschool-closed-for-the-week-after-coronavirus-exposure/

17 minutes ago, Selkie said:

It's confusing, though, because some people who have had coronavirus say they did have flu-like symptoms. The guy in the article linked below says he had a runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, headache, burning eyes, fever, and cough.        

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html                                                                                                 

I think a wide variety of symptoms has now been recorded.  

There is an excellent New England Journal of Medicine article on Clinical signs, including a table with many symptoms and frequency within the cases studied, but I am not sure I can link successfully .

kerp in mind too that there are now two strains (at least) an L and S form. The symptoms may be different for the two (probably more severe in L form cases. )

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

Edited by Pen
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bambam said:

Our state (Texas) just announced that once all our labs are up and running (by the end of March), they will be "able to process more than 125 Covid 19 tests per day."

We have a population of 28.7 million people. We have two busy international airports (Dallas #4th busiest and Houston #14th busiest). 

This seems low capacity given these statistics.  

It's beyond insane.  And South Korea is doing 10,000 tests a day???  Why the heck are we not capable of this.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It's beyond insane.  And South Korea is doing 10,000 tests a day???  Why the heck are we not capable of this.  

National (ethnic) pride. South Korea has three companies churning out test kits for them.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/south-korea-tests-hundreds-of-thousands-to-fight-virus-outbreak
“It’s an approach born out of bitter experience.

An outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome in 2015 killed 38 people in South Korea, with a lack of kits to test for the MERS pathogen meaning infected patients went from hospital to hospital seeking help, spreading the virus widely. Afterward, the country created a system to allow rapid approval of testing kits for viruses which have the potential to cause pandemics.

When the novel coronavirus emerged, that system allowed regulators to collaborate quickly with local biotech companies and researchers to develop testing kits based on a genetic sequence of the virus released by China in mid-January. Firms were then granted accreditation to make and sell the kits within weeks --a process that usually takes a year.

In a short space of time, South Korea has managed to test more than 140,000 people for the novel coronavirus, using kits with sensitivity rates of over 95%, according to the director of the Korean Society for Laboratory Medicine.

That’s in stark contrast to countries like its neighbor Japan and the U.S., where the issues China experienced early on -- with unreliable and inadequate testing resulting in thousands of infected patients not being quarantined until it was too late -- are now threatening to play out.”

ETA:

I posted earlier about their test kits production. This is the news link http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200225000768

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

http://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.com/2020/03/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-part-vi.html

Naturopath Paul Herscu giving his opinion and explanation of Quarantine issues: (edit to try to cut the quoting down to shorter)

“Quarantine. I would like to talk about one final piece here, the concept around quarantine, social distancing, self-isolation etc. And I want to start with the most confusing part right off the bat. I know it must seem extremely confusing, frustrating, and maddening to try to understand why it is that people are not just closing down the whole country right now. ...snip .... It has to do with risk/benefit analysis of quarantine versus non-quarantine. A...snip ...  Closing things down early winds up causing more problems than keeping things going. In short, and this is a big discussion, the main question revolves around Person, Place, and Time. And what may seem appropriate at one time is inappropriate at other times. ... snip ...

you want to limit disruption in the long term, by acting appropriately, relative to information on the ground, which changes daily.

“I want to take one specific example here. At this moment, public health officials suggest limiting large gatherings. Which sounds reasonable until you try to make sense of it and realize you don’t really know what they mean by ‘large gathering.’ ... snip

At this time, in Washington state, they are asking not to congregate in ‘large groups’ but without definition. What they really meant to say and what we see is that the large marathons and very large concerts, with a cast of thousands are closing, at this time.

This will change. OVER TIME. If my numbers are right, over the next days, or next week or the week after they will still say that you should not congregate in ‘large groups,’ but then shrink the size of the group they mean to the dozen. We will be able to recognize this time because at that time, whole school systems will close. And if it gets worse, then the group will just be the family.

“I hope this makes sense. At this point in time, in Washington, more benefit is gotten by going about your day, in a proper hygienic fashion, then by hunkering down. Because if things do go poorly, by the time you should be hunkering down, you would have run out of both tangible and emotional resources and begin to actually cause problems for yourself the rest of the community.

What groups like WHO have noted is that improper use of quarantine sometimes adds to the epidemic, adds to emotional turmoil, adds to resource dislocations, and in short, adds to problems, rather than a hopeful solution.

...“

Edited by Pen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/grand-princess-updates.html
“March 4, 2020

Last night / early this morning, our chief medical officer Dr. Grant Tarling issued this Health Advisory Letter to guests and crew currently sailing onboard Grand Princess. A similar notification has been emailed to guests who sailed on the previous voyage. For guests who sailed on the previous Grand Princess voyage (Feb 11-21), if you have experienced any symptoms of acute respiratory illness with fever, chills, or cough since your return home, please immediately contact your medical provider. You can also view the COVID-19 information card (PDF) provided by the CDC.

Guests Health Advisory – Coronavirus
March 4, 2020

Dear Princess Guest: 

I wish to advise you that today we have been notified by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that they are investigating a small cluster of COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases in Northern California connected to our previous Grand Princess voyage that sailed roundtrip San Francisco from February 11 to February 21. We are working closely with our CDC partners and are following their recommendations.

For those guests who sailed with us on our previous voyage and may have been exposed, in an abundance of caution, the CDC requires you to remain in your stateroom until you have been contacted and cleared by our medical staff. A member of our medical team will be calling you between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM this morning. You may order room service while you wait for the medical screening to be completed, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be assured that the health, safety, and well-being of all guests and crew are our absolute priority. The CDC is continuing to actively collect information and has set up a meeting with us this morning to determine what, if any, actions need to be taken during this cruise and on arrival in San Francisco. We have shared essential travel and health data with the CDC to facilitate their standard notification to the State and County health authorities to follow up with individuals who may have been exposed to people who became ill.

As we anticipate that further review of the situation will be necessary on arrival in San Francisco, we will be cancelling the call to Ensenada on Thursday, March 5, in order to sail directly to San Francisco — exact date and time for arrival to be determined. We will keep you updated with information as we finalize plans. To assist you in contacting your family, we are providing free internet and phone service. We will advise you if the need arises to make changes to your onward travel plans post-cruise.”