Menu

wuhan - coronavirus

gardenmom5

24 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

Thank you! I am actually looking for more studies of this kind on the effectiveness of mRNA vaccine on Delta variant as 2 of my friends abroad passed away from Delta infection in the past few months even though they were vaccinated (Jannsen in their case, not mRNA). Their families are wondering if it is worthwhile to take an mRNA vaccine on top of their current vaccines if it would mean better protection against the more deadly Delta Plus variant that is showing up now. I am passing on this link to them ... 

I am puzzled how all these studies are done on small number of recipients of the vaccine (both the Israel and the UK one) because by now, the vaccines have been out for a while to millions. It is high time for a US based study on a larger number of vaccine recipients.

Oh, I am really sorry to hear about your friends 😞 . 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I think it does and it can for people.  And it doesn't for others.  Depends on the kids and parents, but also a lot on the kind of program you have and the help.  We have done virtual school for years and we love it, the kids excel, and it was a good fit for us even before covid.  All 5 of my kids were in it last year.  But our school and the teachers are awesome and it is set up so well.  I know a lot of the schools that had to switch to virtual were not set up well.

We did actually do some really successful Zoom classes this year, so I absolutely agree that it CAN work. It's just not what I've mostly seen this year 😕 

How does your virtual school work, if you don't mind me asking? 

Curious if you can say where they lived if they got Janssen. I didn’t know it was used very much outside of the US, except in a trial, or more recently I saw in South Africa. 

There is some Canadian data out. I don’t know if there are effectiveness percentages, but it shows very few breakthroughs in the vaccinated, as with the US. 
https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/epi/covid-19-epi-confirmed-cases-post-vaccination.pdf?la=en

And the UK data has effectiveness data for millions of people. I don’t know how that compares with the Singapore data, whether there was some different type of analysis with that one or not, but yes, small numbers in Singapore would seem to make the conclusions less certain. 

eta a smaller number of Canadian cases are Delta as compared to the UK, but there are some. 

Edited by Penelope

26 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

Thank you! I am actually looking for more studies of this kind on the effectiveness of mRNA vaccine on Delta variant as 2 of my friends abroad passed away from Delta infection in the past few months even though they were vaccinated (Jannsen in their case, not mRNA). Their families are wondering if it is worthwhile to take an mRNA vaccine on top of their current vaccines if it would mean better protection against the more deadly Delta Plus variant that is showing up now. I am passing on this link to them ... 

I am puzzled how all these studies are done on small number of recipients of the vaccine (both the Israel and the UK one) because by now, the vaccines have been out for a while to millions. It is high time for a US based study on a larger number of vaccine recipients.

So sorry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not_a_Number said:

We did actually do some really successful Zoom classes this year, so I absolutely agree that it CAN work. It's just not what I've mostly seen this year 😕 

How does your virtual school work, if you don't mind me asking? 

It works differently for different grades.  It is set up to not do all the teaching, but that parents are doing some.  There is a lot of choice for kids too.

K4-2 grade  is expecting that the parents are teaching their own curriculum.  There are optional classes that kids can go to if they want to.

Optional classes

k4 and k-  a weekly letter class

k4-2   -  a weekly music class  and every other week story time and show and tell class

1-2  -   A weekly art class, a weekly reading class, and a weekly math class

They have field trips and other online lessons they send out all the time.

There is online testing a few times a year.  They have to do a certain amount of online time a week on a math and reading program that the parent can pick.

k4-k - submit a quarterly portfolio 

1-2 have projects they need to work on for every quarter in the main areas.  They can be student led or a online teacher's class from the school.  They make sure that they are hitting learning targets with these projects.

3-5

Again is expecting the parents to be teaching main areas.  They have to do a weekly amount of online time in math and reading on programs the parents pick.

You can select to have the student take an online live math class.   

In everything they do the parents have a lot of choice on what they want to pick.   For instance math.  Live class, math online program, or teach it to your child yourself.

They have 2-3 projects due every month.  Sometimes you can select online classes for the projects.

There are extra classes they can do if they want.  Weekly art, music, 

Online and in person testing during the year.

Field trips throughout the year

6-8

More of the teaching is taken over by the school if you select that way.  They can take all online live classes.  But for each subject they can pick the way they want to do it.  Online live class, a self paced online class, project based learning.

There are also electives to pick and choose from

Testing a few times a year online and in person

Field trips

9-12

Pretty much the same as middle school in that you can pick how to learn for the major classes (online live, self paced , project based)  Also lots of extra things like taking in person classes at your own high school too, taking in person college classes, work study....

Lots of electives to pick from

All students get a computer and the family gets an ipad.  The students also are able to use a set amount of student allotment money for each school year.  Which can be used for internet, curriculum, lessons, sports...

• Thanks 1

Interjecting with a question re: international travel.  DH is being strongly encouraged/pressured to fly US to Germany.  I see there’s a state dept warning about Covid, but we know most of his company is fully vaxxed at this point (that doesn’t cover all the travelers he will encounter, nor public transport, etc).  He has some amount of discretion as to whether he goes or not, and when, but will likely need to make a trip sooner or later.  The latest being sometime in the fall.  With Delta on the increase, we are wondering if he should go ASAP, or if waiting so Germany has more of the population vaxxed is better.  We have an unvaxxed child at home, semi high risk for complications, and then there’s me (compromised immune, have been fighting a big bad health issue for the last 4 months, so pretty run down at this point). 

Giving your best guess, I’d love to hear thoughts on what others would do, in this scenario.

Travel soon or later?  Would you isolate or quarantine DH when he gets home?  

8 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Interjecting with a question re: international travel.  DH is being strongly encouraged/pressured to fly US to Germany.  I see there’s a state dept warning about Covid, but we know most of his company is fully vaxxed at this point (that doesn’t cover all the travelers he will encounter, nor public transport, etc).  He has some amount of discretion as to whether he goes or not, and when, but will likely need to make a trip sooner or later.  The latest being sometime in the fall.  With Delta on the increase, we are wondering if he should go ASAP, or if waiting so Germany has more of the population vaxxed is better.  We have an unvaxxed child at home, semi high risk for complications, and then there’s me (compromised immune, have been fighting a big bad health issue for the last 4 months, so pretty run down at this point). 

Giving your best guess, I’d love to hear thoughts on what others would do, in this scenario.

Would there be a chance of borders closing and being stuck somewhere? 

Just now, Melissa in Australia said:

Would there be a chance of borders closing and being stuck somewhere? 

I don’t know for certain. I’m not as familiar with how Germany has handled things.  Certainly there could be a chance of a mandatory quarantine, I would think, though at this point it looks as though that would not be required.

14 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Interjecting with a question re: international travel.  DH is being strongly encouraged/pressured to fly US to Germany. 

I would pick at least three weeks after UEFA Euro 2020 ends. The finals is in London on 11 July. I want to see if there are worrisome spikes after the event. One of the host stadiums was in Munich.

Also your husband might need FFP2 masks.

e.g. Munich https://www.muenchen.de/int/en/events/corona-virus-current-rules-regulations.html

“There is currently an obligation to wear an FFP2 mask at the following places:

• in the sales rooms, or the sales area, in the entrance and waiting areas in front of the sales rooms and in the associated parking lots
  • for visitors to church services
  • in public long-distance passenger transport and the associated facilities for passengers and passengers, as well as for control and service personnel, as long as they come into contact with passengers and passengers
  • in local public transport and similar facilities
  • school transport system
  • when visiting a doctor's office
  • in old people's and nursing homes
  • in music schools, unless active music-making is hindered due to mask requirement
  • for theoretical and practical driving school lessons as well as driving school exams
  • for visitors to cultural sites (e.g. museums, castles)
  • in Hellabrunn Zoo at cash desks, in enclosed spaces such as restrooms, service centers, etc., or at busy animal facilities where safety distances cannot be maintained.
  • in the cashier area of the Botanical Garden
  • for employees of outpatient care services and semi-inpatient care facilities, as long as they are in contact with people in need of care

The fine for an intentional first offense is 250 euros .

Public buildings: Mouth and nose covering is also required at meetings and areas with traffic, including elevators and public spaces.

Work : Furthermore, it is also mandatory to wear a mask at meetings and areas with traffic at the workplace, especially in elevators, corridors, canteens and entrances; The same applies to workplaces where the minimum distance of 1.5 meters cannot be reliably maintained“

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

@Ausmumof3@mathnerd

@Not_a_Numberhttps://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-study-shows-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-are-69-effective-against-delta-variant-ong-ye
”SINGAPORE — A study of 1,000 household contacts of Covid-19 cases in Singapore has shown that messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccines have an effectiveness of 69 per cent against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, regardless of symptoms, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said. 

Speaking at a virtual press conference on Wednesday (July 7), he said the study by the National Centre for Infectious Diseases and the Ministry of Health (MOH) looked at household contacts of Covid-19 cases between September last year and the end of May this year. 

The findings are quite consistent with international observations, he added. 

Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines approved for Singapore's vaccination programme use mRNA technology.

“Recently, there was a reported figure from Israel that the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy against infection is 64 per cent. Ours registered as 69 per cent, so it's roughly that,” Mr Ong said.

“And this data will be submitted for international publication as Singapore's contribution to the understanding of the Delta variant and the vaccines.””

Thanks so much for sharing this.  

9 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I would pick at least three weeks after UEFA Euro 2020 ends. The finals is in London on 11 July. I want to see if there are worrisome spikes after the event. One of the host stadiums was in Munich.

Also your husband might need FFP2 masks.

e.g. Munich https://www.muenchen.de/int/en/events/corona-virus-current-rules-regulations.html

Oh, that’s a good point about the Euro. Thanks!  DH would be in Munich, so waiting to see if there’s a spike is a good  plan. 

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Curious if you can say where they lived if they got Janssen. I didn’t know it was used very much outside of the US, except in a trial, or more recently I saw in South Africa. 

Europe (France and Germany). They chose Jannsen because they are familiar with the name brand. Now, their countries are allowing mix-and-match of vaccines and their families are wondering if that might help.

• Thanks 1

We finally have some vaccine doses in the country!! So they are ramping up the program by the end of July. I'm really hoping we can get enough people vaccinated before the delta variant escapes quarantine, as we currently have an infected fishing boat offshore that they are trying to figure out what to do with. We are also closed indefinitely to NSW and Queensland. 😞

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

If you were fully vaccinated but had had a fair amount of contact with the public in the last week and were feeling slightly under the weather (not sick exactly, but not great), would you go get a covid test?

Yep.  Among other reasons it helps with better data going forward on vaccination transmission rates.  If everyone vaccinated doesn’t test we will never know.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Terabith said:

If you were fully vaccinated but had had a fair amount of contact with the public in the last week and were feeling slightly under the weather (not sick exactly, but not great), would you go get a covid test?

I got sick last week with covid (but also could be other sicknesses) symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, headache) and am fully vaccinated (and know I have immunity through testing). I got a rapid PCR test and was negative. It was just a hellacious virus - everyone but my youngest caught it. Sinus issues, chest cold, all around horrible experience. But it wasn't covid. I had been traveling (air and car) for three weeks straight and caught something in DC at a rally.

Edited by YaelAldrich
additions, additions.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Spryte said:

Could he wait until your child can be vaccinated? Delta variant seems able to infect vaccinated people fairly regularly, so they can spread it, unlike earlier variants. So the chance of DH being infected and carrying it home would would worry me if not everyone was vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Children and Covid 

BBC News - Covid: Children's extremely low risk confirmed by study
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57766717

Good news, but doesn't include any data after Feb 2021, so we don't know how Delta changes things. Also, my personal concern is Covid aggravating my son's existing PANDAs...which would look like OCD, motor tics, anxiety, etc...none of which would cause hospitalization so wouldn't be caught in the study. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Spryte said:

Oh, that’s a good point about the Euro. Thanks!  DH would be in Munich, so waiting to see if there’s a spike is a good  plan. 

I am currently about 2 hours south of Munich (in Austria rather than Germany); various regulations and restrictions are changing rapidly.  Depending upon where you are in the US, the most difficult thing is that there are few flights to Munich from the US.  Last I checked only United was flying into Munich from Chicago and Newark.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

There is evidently a really bad cold/virus going around.  Bad coughing, sore throat, runny nose, extremely contagious but not covid, strep or flu (all tests negative).   

Yes. It's gone through our area. All covid tests negative. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

How big are the classes?

Not very big.  Last year was a bit different because the school had such a huge increase because of covid.  They had to hire lots of extra classes and add extra classes.  So before covid classes were a lot smaller.  Optional classes can vary, but usually not more than 10 kids or so lots of times much smaller. The first few weeks of last year the classes were big and then they added more sections so the classes were not bigger than 15.  

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 1

Rapid test was negative.  He's sure pcr will also be negative, but I have a low grade fever and red throat (exhaustion and general achiness/ headache are main symptoms).  He said there are a bunch of non covid viruses going around.  So, probably not a big deal.  Not bad enough that I would necessarily normally really curtail most activities, but with current situation, I definitely will.  And honestly, while I don't feel terrible, the idea of crawling back into bed has major appeal.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

There is evidently a really bad cold/virus going around.  Bad coughing, sore throat, runny nose, extremely contagious but not covid, strep or flu (all tests negative).   

I brought that home. Infected my entire family except my youngest and also a good friend I hung out with for only 10 minutes.

A town just 90 miles from us is now stretched to the absolute limits due to the delta variant. Last week they ran out of ventilators and had to bring more in from other parts of the state. I just read a quote from the fire chief describing it as a mass casualty event in slow motion. Our hospital is stretching at the seams. They are expecting large increases still in the next 3 weeks.

There are absolutely no non-pharmaceutical interventions taking place. We have never had a mask mandate, and since the CDC proclaimed no masks required for vaccinated people, virtually no one wears a mask anywhere, other than healthcare sites. The problem is, only just over 35% have had the first vaccine dose, I’m not sure what the figure is for both doses.

There just are no words to describe this. I have written a number of sentences but then deleted them because I just don’t know what to say. How much longer do we have to do this?

• Sad 30

6 minutes ago, TCB said:

A town just 90 miles from us is now stretched to the absolute limits due to the delta variant. Last week they ran out of ventilators and had to bring more in from other parts of the state. I just read a quote from the fire chief describing it as a mass casualty event in slow motion. Our hospital is stretching at the seams. They are expecting large increases still in the next 3 weeks.

There are absolutely no non-pharmaceutical interventions taking place. We have never had a mask mandate, and since the CDC proclaimed no masks required for vaccinated people, virtually no one wears a mask anywhere, other than healthcare sites. The problem is, only just over 35% have had the first vaccine dose, I’m not sure what the figure is for both doses.

There just are no words to describe this. I have written a number of sentences but then deleted them because I just don’t know what to say. How much longer do we have to do this?

I am so sorry that is happening around you.  It is so scary.  I forgot what state you are in, Missouri? 

This is so sad and makes me so mad too.  This should not be happening when we have a highly effective vaccine.  Should not.  It makes me sad for all the people who are doing the right thing.  It just is so scary and keeps them from living their normal lives that much longer.  It makes me so mad for people who can get vaccinated and don't.  I am just amazed with humans and not in a good way. 

Everyone get the damn shot!    I just want it to be required at this point.    I know I know free rights.  But I still want that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YaelAldrich said:

I got sick last week with covid (but also could be other sicknesses) symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, headache) and am fully vaccinated (and know I have immunity through testing). I got a rapid PCR test and was negative. It was just a hellacious virus - everyone but my youngest caught it. Sinus issues, chest cold, all around horrible experience. But it wasn't covid. I had been traveling (air and car) for three weeks straight and caught something in DC at a rally.

Dh and I got something similar, minus the sore throat. Both vaccinated and tested negative. Urgent Care put us on a Z-pack and prednisone. I came down with it first, then he got it a few days later. He recovered much more quickly, but it had me down for some time, and I still have a cough. NP said they were seeing LOTS of upper respiratory infections that were not covid (plus some breakthrough covid cases).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TCB said:

This is the glaring issue with relaxing mask mandates -- they are harder to reimpose than to keep 😕 . 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Children and Covid 

BBC News - Covid: Children's extremely low risk confirmed by study
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57766717

That article just says that the risk of death or emergency hospitalization for children was low until February 2021, which means it doesn't include any data at all on Delta, or any information on infection risk, ability to transmit the virus, or complications other than death or severe illness. Infection rates in children and young people seem to be much higher with Delta, and we desperately need some solid studies on long covid in kids.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

That article just says that the risk of death or emergency hospitalization for children was low until February 2021, which means it doesn't include any data at all on Delta, or any information on infection risk, ability to transmit the virus, or complications other than death or severe illness. Infection rates in children and young people seem to be much higher with Delta, and we desperately need some solid studies on long covid in kids.  

I Google "long covid kids" every day, I swear. I am SO NERVOUS about it, and I'm finding pretty much no information at all. 

I felt willing to take the risk when the numbers seemed stable. I'm feeling a lot more worried now 😕

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I Google "long covid kids" every day, I swear. I am SO NERVOUS about it, and I'm finding pretty much no information at all. 

I felt willing to take the risk when the numbers seemed stable. I'm feeling a lot more worried now 😕

This is all that I have seen

These children had covid-19. Now, they have long-haul symptoms. (msn.com)

1 hour ago, TCB said:

I am so sorry. It's already been so difficult for you, and I hate it for you that it's expected to get worse.

The county next to us (we live right by the line) has the highest numbers in our state by a lot, but I haven't heard a peep about it. DH works in a different hospital system now (yet another county, not where we live or in the one with higher numbers where he used to work), so we don't get the information we used to from the hospital system. The numbers aren't close to a surge (takes a week to get numbers like during the surge), but I think it can't be good unless there was a data glitch that messed up reporting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TCB said:

I'm so sorry.

The burden on front-line health care staff has been just so very heavy.  It's very hard.

Lack of compliance with public health measures, or in your case, even worse, no public health measures at all, really feels personal, and makes HCW feel unvalued.  Especially now - we know that public health measures work. A lot of us are really angry.  The moral injury we have suffered is real.

HCW are burning out (burn out is an over-used phrase, but this is the real thing).  Non-trivial numbers are quitting or retiring early or leaving frontline work for other, less stressful work. There's going to be an after-covid HCW staffing crisis (in my department there already is).  And it's going to be very hard to fix.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

3 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Not very big.  Last year was a bit different because the school had such a huge increase because of covid.  They had to hire lots of extra classes and add extra classes.  So before covid classes were a lot smaller.  Optional classes can vary, but usually not more than 10 kids or so lots of times much smaller. The first few weeks of last year the classes were big and then they added more sections so the classes were not bigger than 15.  

Yeah, smaller classes like this worked for us this year, too. I just haven't seen real schools do that -- there isn't the manpower. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Yeah, smaller classes like this worked for us this year, too. I just haven't seen real schools do that -- there isn't the manpower. 

This is a real school.  My children are public school kids doing the online school.  Our state has a lot of online schools that are run by each city's school district. You can also enroll in a different city in any part of the state.  The school that my children attend is from a city that is 4 plus hours away.   A lot of them are very personal like ours.  We love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

This is a real school.  My children are public school kids doing the online school.  Our state has a lot of online schools that are run by each city's school district. You can also enroll in a different city in any part of the state.  The school that my children attend is from a city that is 4 plus hours away.   A lot of them are very personal like ours.  We love it.

Sorry, I didn't mean it wasn't real, although I see that it sounded like that. I meant simply that schools that I saw go virtual last year didn't work like that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not_a_Number said:

Sorry, I didn't mean it wasn't real, although I see that it sounded like that. I meant simply that schools that I saw go virtual last year didn't work like that. 

No offense at all.  I took it to mean you thought it was a huge school online school like Time4Learning or something.   Yeah I heard that the schools that went virtual had a ton of issues figuring it all out.  Ours had been up and going and all the kinks were worked out years ago.  They were actually contacted and giving advice to all the public schools that had to pivot to online learning because they have such a great system.

• Like 2

Just now, mommyoffive said:

No offense at all.  I took it to mean you thought it was a huge school online school like Time4Learning or something.   Yeah I heard that the schools that went virtual had a ton of issues figuring it all out.  Ours had been up and going and all the kinks were worked out years ago.  They were actually contacted and giving advice to all the public schools that had to pivot to online learning because they have such a great system.

Yeah, I'm sure that having an existing model works FAR better! I had the impression that a LOT of people were hoping that their normal routines would work when transported onto Zoom, and they simply didn't. 

I was actually rather lucky in that I watched quite a few online classes flop, learned from it, and decided to make the best of it -- we did a class in which we interacted via screen share and the class was capped at 6 kids. It actually worked quite well. 

• Like 1

I hope so much that this school year is not like last year!! It was So hard on teachers in my district-I teach first grade at a public school in Texas.

Our students had a copy of the textbooks, and teachers put up assignments/posted worksheets and tests every day on Google Classroom. Students then turned in the assignments either through Google or sent them to our school email address. Grading and posting grades was a pain and took a long time-grades did not sync to our gradebook. 

All this had to be done in addition to our regular classes-we were doing in person and virtual classes and most of the time I came home from school only to start working on my Google Classroom job. It was horrendous!! We asked admin for there to be one teacher to handle all the virtual students in first grade, but were denied with no explanation. 

I repeat my first sentence: I hope so much that this coming school year is not like last year!!

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, TCB said:

I'm so sorry TCB. I don't know what to say anymore either other than I see HCWs and I care and I appreciate you and I wish more people did. I'm frustrated with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

Maybe some of this information will make you feel better?

For now, the uptick in Covid-19 cases does not appear to translate into more severe disease, at least on a national level. The seven-day average of Covid-19 hospitalizations across the U.S. has fallen by about 1 percent from last week, she said. (from https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-covid-cases-10-percent-hypertransmissible-delta-variant-spreads-n1272895)

Deaths

among those with 28 day follow up

Case Fatality among those with 28 day follow up

Alpha

77.9%

1.9% (1.8 to 2.0%)

2.0% (1.9 to 2.0%)

Beta

0.3%

1.4% (0.7 to 2.4%)

1.5% (0.8 to 2.6%)

Delta

21.1%

0.1% (0.1 to 0.2%)

0.3% (0.2 to 0.5%)

Eta

0.2%

2.7% (1.4 to 4.7%)

2.8% (1.5 to 4.8%)

Gamma

0.1%

0.0% (0.0 to 1.7%)

0.0% (0.0 to 2.4%)

Kappa

0.1%

0.2% (0.0 to 1.3%)

0.2% (0.0 to 1.4%)

Theta

0.0%

0.0% (0.0 to 41.0%)

0.0% (0.0 to 52.2%)(fro

(from https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/997414/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_16.pdf)

Children's extremely low risk confirmed by study (from https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57766717)

5 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

This is so sad and makes me so mad too.  This should not be happening when we have a highly effective vaccine.  Should not.  It makes me sad for all the people who are doing the right thing.  It just is so scary and keeps them from living their normal lives that much longer.  It makes me so mad for people who can get vaccinated and don't.  I am just amazed with humans and not in a good way.

That's how I'm feeling. It makes it so that I can no longer shrug and say "to each their own" about people who are purposefully spreading anti-vax information to discourage people from getting vaccinated. Those efforts have turned out to be effective in preventing us from getting enough people vaccinated to prevent another surge, and they are literally killing people by the thousands every month by having convinced them not to get vaccinated. I think it's unconscionable and I honestly don't know how those people sleep at night.

6 hours ago, TCB said:

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine the stress and strain of this going on and on for so long for those in healthcare, and especially when we are fortunate enough in this country that we have the ability to completely stop it from being this way. What happened to the nightly singing and clapping and such for HCW?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KSera said:

Vaxed? Hope she’s clear. Does she (he? Can’t recall) need to quarantine two weeks then?

Lol, exposure an hour after first vax!  Test, isolate four days, test again, wait for further instructions. Grocery store exposure. They were here for a short time picking up their child (I'm their childcare) after the store - think I'll just monitor for symptoms. 

Edited by Melissa Louise
  • Sad 3