Menu

1 hour ago, Pen said:

I think maybe actual use and experience from that becomes that comparison.  

If one or some end up giving much longer protection with equivalent safety features for example that could take years to figure out. 

It may also end up being one that isn’t yet in phase 3 that turns out best, so maybe people use the first available to them initially, but then follow up a year or two later  with a different one. 

My impression is that multiple vaccines will be in use for a while because even the very-scaled-up mega manufacture for most companies means only 100 million doses per year. I think it'll take a few years to see which is most effective, too, since that'll be looking for smaller, longer-term, effects. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ausmumof3

• Pen

• Arcadia

• prairiewindmomma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DS got home 3 hours ago!  ❤️❤️

Update-  my youngest is not only short of breath, coughing, dizzy, nausaues, and with headache-  she is also confused.  I called our doctor and talked with him and she is going to be going to the ER.

That's not a blanket right.  If my religion required human sacrifice, I can't practice it.  If my religion required sexual assault, I can't practice it. Freedom of religion isn't a blanket right

Posted Images

The FDA is discussing the vaccines generally (not individually) right now and you may listen to the meeting if you’d like. Search for “fda October 22”.

AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are expected to resume within a week or so. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Pen said:

Dr Been reviewed some very small but interesting studies on mouthwash / gargles and nasal rinses related to CV19.

Oh interesting - any good results? One thing my dentist office is having everyone do is gargle with mouthwash before opening your mouth for the dentist/hygienist. I wasn't sure if they were just trying to be as safe as possible and throwing everything they can think of at COVID  

14 hours ago, Pen said:

Dr Been reviewed some very small but interesting studies on mouthwash / gargles and nasal rinses related to CV19.

Edited by AmandaVT
double post
1 hour ago, AmandaVT said:

Oh interesting - any good results? One thing my dentist office is having everyone do is gargle with mouthwash before opening your mouth for the dentist/hygienist. I wasn't sure if they were just trying to be as safe as possible and throwing everything they can think of at COVID  

Ive wondered at how this really helps...I know I try to breathe out of my nose, not my mouth, when the dentist is working on me.