Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

gardenmom5

wuhan - coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Pen said:

 

I forwarded it to him — I think he’ll especially like the special pictures of cough and sneeze droplet movement. 

The part that comes after the coughing special camera pictures etc with caterers in UK supplying meals is also good! 

I watched until the end, but I was thinking my friends’ teens might not be so patient 🙂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bno

San Diego County says people who are out in public should be wearing a facial covering to limit the spread of coronavirus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Bno

San Diego County says people who are out in public should be wearing a facial covering to limit the spread of coronavirus

 

I wonder where they are supposed to get a mask.  It looks like the homemade masks don't offer any protection.   And what does public mean?   In your yard or at the store? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


These two things, the video and the graphic, are incompatible.

Actually, that was lingering from an older draft post and I had a hard time editing that graphic off that post and finally did it. If you could remove that graphic from your quote, that would be great.

Edited by mathnerd
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

 

I wonder where they are supposed to get a mask.  It looks like the homemade masks don't offer any protection.   And what does public mean?   In your yard or at the store? 


The bolded is not true. They offer some protection but only about half as much as a commercially-produced, non-woven mask. The weaving itself creates a more porous material with larger holes/spaces. The CDC  website has more information on this if you search. Where N95s can filter 95%, two-layer home sewn masks can filter 50%.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

 

I wonder where they are supposed to get a mask.  It looks like the homemade masks don't offer any protection.   And what does public mean?   In your yard or at the store? 

it doesn’t say mask it says face covering.  Other places with similar advice allow for scarves or balaclavas 

I think they are somewhat protective against droplets if not filtering actual virus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


The bolded is not true. They offer some protection but only about half as much as a commercially-produced, non-woven mask. The weaving itself creates a more porous material with larger holes/spaces. The CDC  website has more information on this if you search. Where N95s can filter 95%, two-layer home sewn masks can filter 50%.

 

In the link fifuruth shared upthread, one group has actually measured viral protection with hand-sewn masks made of tightly woven fabric (ie quilting cotton) to be as high as 79%. Nothing to sneeze at. 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am sorry is this has already been linked.  Interesting look at the numbers.....sort of a summary.

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-numbers-covid-19-all-over-place-estimates-1495034

eta.....this is also an interesting quick read

https://www.newsweek.com/tobacco-says-working-potential-coronavirus-vaccines-1495451

Edited by mumto2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


The bolded is not true. They offer some protection but only about half as much as a commercially-produced, non-woven mask. The weaving itself creates a more porous material with larger holes/spaces. The CDC  website has more information on this if you search. Where N95s can filter 95%, two-layer home sewn masks can filter 50%.

And if everyone is wearing those masks then you have filtering going on both sides which would limit the particulates even further.  

  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


The bolded is not true. They offer some protection but only about half as much as a commercially-produced, non-woven mask. The weaving itself creates a more porous material with larger holes/spaces. The CDC  website has more information on this if you search. Where N95s can filter 95%, two-layer home sewn masks can filter 50%.

 

I was going off the graphic that someone had just posted on this page, but now is deleted.  It said for virus that the homemade had 0%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

And if everyone is wearing those masks then you have filtering going on both sides which would limit the particulates even further.  

 

Excellent point!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/hydroxychloroquine-rated-most-effective-therapy-do/
 

A2813E54-ECFC-4ABB-A44B-3D6883C6BAE4.thumb.jpeg.52cd6a417f87bf9ea0d56f8bd0d4d10e.jpeg


I do wonder with some of the studies, especially the less positive ones, how early in the viral cycle the drug was administered.  It seems to do the most good before a patient has taken a turn and needs intubation. But this is encouraging.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

 

I was going off the graphic that someone had just posted on this page, but now is deleted.  It said for virus that the homemade had 0%


Yeah, that was definitely questionable and made no sense. Any decent barrier is better than nothing just from a common sense perspective. Exactly how effective fabric is may be in question. I saw 50% on a CDC endorsed study but it may be higher than that depending on the materials used. The CDC is also considering making universal public masking a national recommendation. Dr. Birx discussed it at today’s briefing.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I was going off the graphic that someone had just posted on this page, but now is deleted.  It said for virus that the homemade had 0%

Those are viral particles that the cloth masks can't block.  I noticed that graphic/chart did not include droplets as a category, which is still how this is spread.  The N95 are musts for people in hospital settings where the virus can become aerosolized into those smaller viral particles.  For the rest of us, the cloth masks can still be quite effective, especially if everyone wears them (so they send less out into the air, and there's less for others' masks to filter out in the first place.  This video goes into it in great detail, and gives tons of data.  One thing he points out: EVERY country that has gotten this under control has had the public all wearing masks when they go out.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

The article specifically says that he did send it up the chain of command, but Modly felt he did not do enough to prevent recipients from possibly leaking it, which "raised alarm bells unnecessarily," and that's why he was relieved of command. There are over 100 sailors on a nuclear sub infected with CV — sounds to me like alarm bells are pretty justified. Senator Mark Warner said Crozier was a patriot doing his job out of concern for his crew and shouldn't be punished for that.


From https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/navy-relieve-captain-aircraft-carrier-leak-letter-leadership/story%3fid=69944944

Modly made clear he did not fault Crozier for wanting to protect his crew, but took issue with how he did not express his concerns with his immediate supervisor, the rear admiral aboard the ship who was in charge of the Roosevelt carrier strike group.”. 
 

“According to Modly, by the time Crozier had written his letter the Navy already had plans to move 2,700 sailors off the carrier and was looking for hotel rooms so they could quarantine and isolate properly. The Navy said Wednesday that it would achieve that goal by the end of the week.”

It undermines our efforts -- and the chain of command's efforts -- to address this problem and creates a panic and creates the perception that the Navy is not on the job, the government's not on the job, and it's just not true," he said.”

He did jump the chain of command, cc’d 20-30 people??. I understand the gravity of the pandemic. But we have known CO’s relieved of command for lesser things, MANY times.  


 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SanDiegoMom in VA said:


From https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/navy-relieve-captain-aircraft-carrier-leak-letter-leadership/story%3fid=69944944

Modly made clear he did not fault Crozier for wanting to protect his crew, but took issue with how he did not express his concerns with his immediate supervisor, the rear admiral aboard the ship who was in charge of the Roosevelt carrier strike group.”. 
 

“According to Modly, by the time Crozier had written his letter the Navy already had plans to move 2,700 sailors off the carrier and was looking for hotel rooms so they could quarantine and isolate properly. The Navy said Wednesday that it would achieve that goal by the end of the week.”

It undermines our efforts -- and the chain of command's efforts -- to address this problem and creates a panic and creates the perception that the Navy is not on the job, the government's not on the job, and it's just not true," he said.”

He did jump the chain of command, cc’d 20-30 people??. I understand the gravity of the pandemic. But we have known CO’s relieved of command for lesser things, MANY times.  


 


 

 


We all know that’s some BS. Fact is, the RA was ON THE SHIP, part of the command team, and could have pushed the issue of crew safety/health. He didn’t. The CO had the moral courage to say what the RA would not. All of those needed to make tough calls are on carriers. The RA was too cowardly to do the right thing. The CO is being punished for making that cowardice plain. Even more upsetting is not knowing which dipshit approved or insisted (money...duh) on the Vietnam port call to begin with.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Forgive me if this has already been posted and i overlooked it.

This vaccine approach fascinated me.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/04/02/university-of-pittsburgh-medical-school-coronavirus-potential-vaccine-unveiled/

I know something similar was being worked on Queensland in the past for other vaccines 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to the latest from the pm.  Migrant agriculture workers will still be coming in though they will have to self isolate for 14 days and adequate accommodation be provided . While this will help keep food prices low I think personally it pretty much guarantees we won’t contain this virus. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 24 hours, the U.S. reported 29,342 new cases of coronavirus and 1,004 new deaths, raising the total to 244,771 cases and 6,072 dead

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoraBora said:

You know, I wondered if this was what the president was thinking about earlier this week (or last week?) at one of the daily briefings.  It didn't strike me that he was accusing doctors and nurses, but rather that someone with access to supplies might be looking to make some money. 

Agree with you -- despicable that someone would do such a thing in NYC right now.  

(Sorry.  In NY -- upstate.) 

 

I think saying that they can't possibly be using as many masks as they are claiming, and therefore many must be being sold on the black market seems inappropriate whoever exactly is supposed to be selling them... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


We all know that’s some BS. Fact is, the RA was ON THE SHIP, part of the command team, and could have pushed the issue of crew safety/health. He didn’t. The CO had the moral courage to say what the RA would not. All of those needed to make tough calls are on carriers. The RA was too cowardly to do the right thing. The CO is being punished for making that cowardice plain. Even more upsetting is not knowing which dipshit approved or insisted (money...duh) on the Vietnam port call to begin with.

Watching that presser with Modly was infuriating. I have so many words but can't put them here. 

Suffice to say, the CO doesn't write a letter like that and cc people if he's already getting the help he needs. A message is being sent with his firing.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EmseB said:

Watching that presser with Modly was infuriating. I have so many words but can't put them here. 

Suffice to say, the CO doesn't write a letter like that and cc people if he's already getting the help he needs. A message is being sent with his firing.


Exactly. This man gave up his career for those sailors. That’s a VERY rare sacrifice these days.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:


Exactly. This man gave up his career for those sailors. That’s a VERY rare sacrifice these days.

He’s an O-6 who will be retiring with 28 years of service  - so 75 percent of his base pay, and he will then most likely go on to another career. He will be ok in the long run. 
 

It is a sucky situation and yes he did not get the support he needed from the chain of command. But he embarrassed the Navy. They had no choice. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not directly about the virus, but about what people can do to help others in the current situation ....

I subscribe to emails from a source called "VolunteerMatch" which provides info on many different kinds of volunteer opportunities in various locations.  With people being stuck at home, obviously most of the usual gigs are not available, but today's email was a list of volunteer things you can do at home for various organizations.  Online services, making care packages and encouragement cards for folks in need, sewing masks ....

People have been talking about feeling powerless, and after that discussion I was thinking, we should work on building a feeling of empowerment through engagement in helping at home.  And then that email came out.  😛

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SanDiegoMom in VA said:

He’s an O-6 who will be retiring with 28 years of service  - so 75 percent of his base pay, and he will then most likely go on to another career. He will be ok in the long run. 
 

It is a sucky situation and yes he did not get the support he needed from the chain of command. But he embarrassed the Navy. They had no choice. 


Pay is not the end all and be all for these folks. Honor, duty, and reputation are. This RARE bird may even be a true person of faith. Financially, he will be fine but the Navy NEEDS MORE leaders like this, not toadies. This is a colossal leadership failure. I hope the next administration, be it 1-4 years away, purges every last one of the enablers. They need to go home.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

And if everyone is wearing those masks then you have filtering going on both sides which would limit the particulates even further.  

 

I am coming back to this because it’s late, I’m silly-tired, and I can’t stop thinking about those word problems. 

If Mr X is driving east at 65 mph and Mr Y is driving west at 70 mph, and they collide head on...

Heck I can’t even remember the term for what exactly that is trying to calculate - rate of impact, something like that? Anyway, the best realization from the exercise is that people going slower get less hurt. 

Everyone masking up on both ends, even with cloth masks, seems good to me. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SanDiegoMom in VA said:

He’s an O-6 who will be retiring with 28 years of service  - so 75 percent of his base pay, and he will then most likely go on to another career. He will be ok in the long run. 
 

It is a sucky situation and yes he did not get the support he needed from the chain of command. But he embarrassed the Navy. They had no choice. 

The Navy embarrassed themselves. The Navy needs leaders willing to stick their neck out. They had a choice on who to fire for this debacle and they chose the wrong person.

ETA: To bring this back on topic, the Navy is insanely trying to operate as normal on ships during this pandemic. They are saying that sailors' health is a paramount concern but doing things that show that they are either ignorant of how this virus works or don't care about people's lives or health. And if we were at war those men and women would get on a sick boat and fight to defend this country from a real threat no questions asked because that is what they do. The problem comes when everyone starts to notice the risk is unnecessary and basic measures to protect people aren't being taken.

Edited by EmseB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been on here much in the last week.  I've been putting together a bulk buy for fruits, vegetables, and eggs for the Jewish community here in Boston for Passover (and because things are a little scary here in terms of groceries - many things out, lines to get in stores (physical distancing enforced), limits on staple items).  I did a trial run 2.5 weeks ago and got $2K of produce.  I think this time I'm going to get close to $10K.  Also going out masked (Totobobo to the rescue!) and gloved to get food for people unable to get out.  My family is all at home now; the Uni kicked out my husband from his office even though he was the only one on his floor (and in a private office).  Internet is thin (even paying over $100 a month!), computers are always being jockeyed for to do online school for the older kids, and we have Passover starting on Wednesday night.  So the house has to be flipped (all Passover pots, pans, utensils, food.  Covering all surfaces in the kitchen, cleaning the fridge/freezer, oven, cabinets, counters, car and making sure no leaven foods are outside the area they are corralled until after the holiday week) 

My husband's dean did a virtual coffee hour and said Summer 2 (July-August) are going online and to be fully prepared to teach online for Fall 2020.  This is nowhere near over.  I'm a little scared.  I wasn't until this week.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EmseB said:

The Navy embarrassed themselves. The Navy needs leaders willing to stick their neck out. They had a choice on who to fire for this debacle and they chose the wrong person.

ETA: To bring this back on topic, the Navy is insanely trying to operate as normal on ships during this pandemic. They are saying that sailors' health is a paramount concern but doing things that show that they are either ignorant of how this virus works or don't care about people's lives or health. And if we were at war those men and women would get on a sick boat and fight to defend this country from a real threat no questions asked because that is what they do. The problem comes when everyone starts to notice the risk is unnecessary and basic measures to protect people aren't being taken.


They could finally appreciate that strict, less palatable, measures would preserve health and readiness like confining members to bases/ships and curtailing host nationals’ employment OCONUS. There are no easy, comfy, safe options here on the civvy or military side. The fact that they keep defaulting to the least protective, least alarming ones is pathetic. This will go on for months.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

In the link fifuruth shared upthread, one group has actually measured viral protection with hand-sewn masks made of tightly woven fabric (ie quilting cotton) to be as high as 79%. Nothing to sneeze at. 

I wonder if people can purposely shrink the fabric to get even better results. I am not sure how much quilting cotton shrinks, but it could be worth a try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I wonder if people can purposely shrink the fabric to get even better results. I am not sure how much quilting cotton shrinks, but it could be worth a try. 

 

In the “best face mask pattern” thread, Patty Joanna mentioned that she liked using batik fabric because it’s wet and dried several times in the coloring process, which tightens the weave. (Plus they are super pretty, hop over there and look at everyone’s pics if you haven’t already!)

Others mentioned using quilters cotton fabric and washing & drying it before use for the same weave tightening effect. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

 

I was going off the graphic that someone had just posted on this page, but now is deleted.  It said for virus that the homemade had 0%

 

https://www.newswise.com/articles/testing-shows-type-of-cloth-used-in-homemade-masks-makes-a-difference-doctors-say

 

Masks are probably particularly helpful for situation like with CV19 where we now clearly know that people may be asymptomatic or presymptomatic spreaders as it tends to keep most of each of our  droplets to ourselves when we may not know whether or not we could be an asymptomatic spreader.  

If each person wears one, ideally a well done one, the combination could be a big help to reduce spread.

Glasses or some eye cover would probably also help.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YaelAldrich said:

I haven't been on here much in the last week.  I've been putting together a bulk buy for fruits, vegetables, and eggs for the Jewish community here in Boston for Passover (and because things are a little scary here in terms of groceries - many things out, lines to get in stores (physical distancing enforced), limits on staple items).  I did a trial run 2.5 weeks ago and got $2K of produce.  I think this time I'm going to get close to $10K.  Also going out masked (Totobobo to the rescue!) and gloved to get food for people unable to get out.  My family is all at home now; the Uni kicked out my husband from his office even though he was the only one on his floor (and in a private office).  Internet is thin (even paying over $100 a month!), computers are always being jockeyed for to do online school for the older kids, and we have Passover starting on Wednesday night.  So the house has to be flipped (all Passover pots, pans, utensils, food.  Covering all surfaces in the kitchen, cleaning the fridge/freezer, oven, cabinets, counters, car and making sure no leaven foods are outside the area they are corralled until after the holiday week) 

My husband's dean did a virtual coffee hour and said Summer 2 (July-August) are going online and to be fully prepared to teach online for Fall 2020.  This is nowhere near over.  I'm a little scared.  I wasn't until this week.

Glad to see you back. Where are you sourcing 10K of produce?!?!? 

As for fall 2020, I too am worried that it will be all on-line.  If this comes to pass, we are considering our son taking a gap year.  Face to face is key.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YaelAldrich said:

I haven't been on here much in the last week.  I've been putting together a bulk buy for fruits, vegetables, and eggs for the Jewish community here in Boston for Passover (and because things are a little scary here in terms of groceries - many things out, lines to get in stores (physical distancing enforced), limits on staple items).  I did a trial run 2.5 weeks ago and got $2K of produce.  I think this time I'm going to get close to $10K.  Also going out masked (Totobobo to the rescue!) and gloved to get food for people unable to get out.  My family is all at home now; the Uni kicked out my husband from his office even though he was the only one on his floor (and in a private office).  Internet is thin (even paying over $100 a month!), computers are always being jockeyed for to do online school for the older kids, and we have Passover starting on Wednesday night.  So the house has to be flipped (all Passover pots, pans, utensils, food.  Covering all surfaces in the kitchen, cleaning the fridge/freezer, oven, cabinets, counters, car and making sure no leaven foods are outside the area they are corralled until after the holiday week) 

My husband's dean did a virtual coffee hour and said Summer 2 (July-August) are going online and to be fully prepared to teach online for Fall 2020.  This is nowhere near over.  I'm a little scared.  I wasn't until this week.

Chag kasher v'sameach - and kol hakavod for you amazing work for the community! ❤️

It has been so odd trying to manage the ordinary annual labor of Pesach prep amidst a life turned topsy-turvy.  It's hard to believe such a normal thing could really be co-existing with this surreal world.  Hang in there, love. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there is a site that has number of people hospitalized with COVID10 by state in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blood donation recommendations have changed to allow more donors. I’m eligible but I’m nervous about the amount of people in and out of same space. I can’t decide what I should do. I hate that I’m having to make this choice.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bootsie said:

Does anyone know if there is a site that has number of people hospitalized with COVID10 by state in the US?

Covid Tracking project has it for the states that provide the number. However, most states don't give the number or give a cumulative number or something that isn't useful. I see only 14 states listed that give the current number.

COVID Tracking Spreadsheet

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DoraBora said:

You know, I wondered if this was what the president was thinking about earlier this week (or last week?) at one of the daily briefings.  It didn't strike me that he was accusing doctors and nurses, but rather that someone with access to supplies might be looking to make some money. 

Agree with you -- despicable that someone would do such a thing in NYC right now.  

(Sorry.  In NY -- upstate.) 

https://www.ibtimes.com/covid-19-update-fbi-arrest-brooklyn-man-selling-overpriced-n95-masks-who-coughed-2949721

Saw a few other cases also published; apparently the Feds aren't new to this rodeo.  

note:  The TV show M*A*S*H  had a recurring plot line of black market medical supplies

Edited by HeighHo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SKL said:

Not directly about the virus, but about what people can do to help others in the current situation ....

I subscribe to emails from a source called "VolunteerMatch" which provides info on many different kinds of volunteer opportunities in various locations.  With people being stuck at home, obviously most of the usual gigs are not available, but today's email was a list of volunteer things you can do at home for various organizations.  Online services, making care packages and encouragement cards for folks in need, sewing masks ....

People have been talking about feeling powerless, and after that discussion I was thinking, we should work on building a feeling of empowerment through engagement in helping at home.  And then that email came out.  😛

 

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/get-involved-how-you-can-help  those that are professionals in tech, operations, analytics and communications living in East and Central time zones  may be interested in the Tech SWAT Team.  

Edited by HeighHo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I know people who were in business in new York.  they personally knew people who got their supplies "because they fell off the back of a truck".  it's not just a meme.

 

There's always stuff like this. Doesn't mean it was a large fraction of the supplies sent or, frankly, currently worth looking into. (Worth by punishing if found out, absolutely.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ElizabethB said:

At the northern latitudes, even if you go outside, you are not making vitamin D yet.  Your skin only makes vitamin D when the sun angle is 50 degrees or higher.  For northern latitudes, that is starting to happen around April, and only for a few minutes around solar noon each day...the amount of time around solar noon increases daily until the summer equinox.  People in California can make vitamin D now, much of the northern part of the United States is just starting to enter a time when they can make vitamin D.  Also, you need to have a lot of skin exposed to make significant amounts, and the older you are, the less efficient your body is at making vitamin D from the sun.  

 

I wish this was true because it would mean most of my sponsored kids' families would be fine because they tend to live in countries along the equator. And they tend to live their lives outside. But Ecuador is being hit HARD -- Bodies in the street and everything  It may have an effect, but not enough.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RootAnn said:

Covid Tracking project has it for the states that provide the number. However, most states don't give the number or give a cumulative number or something that isn't useful. I see only 14 states listed that give the current number.

COVID Tracking Spreadsheet

Thanks.  You are right, there isn't much data there, but it is at least a starting point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone seen this? 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/01/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-cases-map.html

If you know NYC geography, the map is interesting. Manhattan is definitely not particularly hard-hit. The airport also doesn't look like the center of an issue. 

They do seem to be suggesting that larger families that all gather together are the problem. I guess with lots of people in the house, there's a high chance SOMEONE is an "essential worker" :-/. 

Edited by square_25
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...