Jump to content

Menu

wuhan - coronavirus


gardenmom5

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Garga said:

I believe you, but I do want to share a story.

We have hosted Chinese exchange students for a few summers. 

I asked one of them on Instagram how he was faring and he is fine. He asked us how we are. I told him that we’re in a sort of lock down, in that our state has shut most businesses.

He asked if we had face masks and I told him no and he insisted on sending me some.  He has bought them and is mailing them to me.

So, while I believe what you’re writing, I also know that there are Chinese people who don’t completely hate Americans.  Perhaps he doesn’t like “Americans” as a whole, but he is doing his best to take care of the Americans he knows personally.

 

Do be careful of masks sent from China. Some are fake, poorly made. I have seen people scammed. 

Chinese people are friendly to Americans they get to know. You can ask him if he believes American army brought virus to Wuhan. That will be the tester. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

I am sorry. 

Would you mind sharing your state or at least your region, if you're in the US? People are wondering when manufacturing and non-medical related construction are going to have the privilege of #StayHome, all over the country. 

I'm in Southwest Arkansas-oh I'll just go ahead and put it out there, may delete later.

I'm in Texarkana, Arkansas and the company is Cooper Tire.

Edited by Math teacher
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

I have been following the trackers and I don’t understand. Are there few or no new cases in those places? What about all the people “in limbo” positive cases who are neither dead nor recovered? Did they stop reporting? Are they concealing? Are they no longer testing? I don’t understand what the data means. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Quill said:

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

I have been following the trackers and I don’t understand. Are there few or no new cases in those places? What about all the people “in limbo” positive cases who are neither dead nor recovered? Did they stop reporting? Are they concealing? Are they no longer testing? I don’t understand what the data means. 

 

🇰🇷 South Korea (GMT+9)

“○ As of 0:00, 21 March 2020, the total number of confirmed cases is 8,799, of which 2,612 cases have been discharged from isolation. Newly confirmed cases are 147 in total.” https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a30402000000&bid=0030

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

the epicenter in South Korea is Deagu, not Seoul.  And it started with a mega-church member.

Daegu is about 150 miles from Seoul and connected by high-speed rail and frequent direct bus service.  It is not uncommon for grandchildren to live with grandparents in one town, and the parents commute back and forth from Seoul on the weekends.  Given the outbreak, in Daegu, it is surprising that it did not quickly spread to densely populated Seoul in large numbers, given what has been seen in Italy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pen@mathnerd@Carol in CA@Acadie@TCB

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/fda-approves-first-bedside-covid-19-test-by-cepheid

“FDA Approves First Bedside Covid-19 Test by Cepheid

Test developed by Silicon Valley can issue results in 45 minutes

A Covid-19 test can deliver results in less than an hour has been approved under an FDA emergency authorization, marking the first test that clinicians can use at the bedside.

Testing shortages have been an ongoing challenge in the U.S. response to curb the pandemic. The White House has promised testing will ramp up as more private companies come on board. Public health and clinical labs have run more than 195,000 tests to date, but that doesn’t include hospital laboratories running their own test, Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said during a White House briefing Saturday.

Cepheid, a Silicon Valley diagnostics company, announced Saturday it received an emergency authorization from the Food and Drug Administration to use the test, making it the 13th Covid-19 test the agency has allowed on the market as long as the public health emergency exists. But it’s the first one that can be used at the point of care, meaning providers don’t have to send patient samples to a separate lab to be processed and then come back to the hospital or provider’s office. Cepheid said it expects to start shipping tests next week.”

ETA:

more info on the company’s webpage https://www.cepheid.com/coronavirus

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“8:15 a.m. San Francisco company donates 60,000 surgical masks: Health care workers in San Francisco got a large shipment of protective equipment Friday — a critical arsenal as they battle the coronavirus pandemic. The donation from San Francisco-based company Flexport includes 60,000 surgical masks, 34,000 gloves, 2,000 surgical gowns and 50 thermometers. Mayor London Breed announced the delivery Saturday in conjunction with Supervisor Catherine Stefani, who served as an intermediary. Officials said they would put the supplies to immediate use in San Francisco’s Emergency Operations Center.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/SF-company-donates-60-000-masks-other-supplies-15147563.php

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, HeighHo said:

 

The way it went down here was dependent on case load and voluntary social isolation success.   Here is what NY considers essential: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-issues-guidance-essential-services-under-new-york-state-pause-executive-order   .   Not all mfg or non-medical construction is considered nonessential, so those workers are still working, although they may be screened before coming in.  One of my dc was sent home because a co-worker had to be tested....in the meantime the work area is being disinfected and the return date is set based on the test results.

 

Thank you.

My son is a plumber who is helping to build a new ICU in a children's hospital, so we are sure he will stay at work. They are screening and temperature taking, at least. My husband is an electrician working in an automotive plant that has yet to shut down when the others did -- but it's one that might be commandeered for ventilator building, in which case they'll need electricians to help get that set up. His boss and the union are attempting to protect them while keeping as many at work as possible. I keep having fear creep up and get me, but then I get a handle on it again. We have high risk people at home but I know we are not the only "essential worker" family in that situation. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italy recorded almost 800 deaths in the last 24 hours. 

US cases are increasing rapidly, mainly because of what looks like a massive amount of testing being done in NY. We have passed Germany and are about to pass Spain in total cases. However, our death rate based on reported cases looks like it’s close to 1 percent, and Italy’s looks like it’s around 9 percent.  I still think we are underreporting cases massively, especially in my state (CA).  

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, lovelearnandlive said:

Italy recorded almost 800 deaths in the last 24 hours. 

US cases are increasing rapidly, mainly because of what looks like a massive amount of testing being done in NY. We have passed Germany and are about to pass Spain in total cases. However, our death rate based on reported cases looks like it’s close to 1 percent, and Italy’s looks like it’s around 9 percent.  I still think we are underreporting cases massively, especially in my state (CA).  

 

Part of what you may be seeing is lag time. My ds was tested last Monday afternoon and still doesn’t have any results. So New York’s reported numbers are five days behind actual cases. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Quill said:

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

I have been following the trackers and I don’t understand. Are there few or no new cases in those places? What about all the people “in limbo” positive cases who are neither dead nor recovered? Did they stop reporting? Are they concealing? Are they no longer testing? I don’t understand what the data means. 

The BBC correspondent I follow on Twitter said some people are claiming on social media in China that people are being treated but not tested so they don’t add to the statistics.  He generally believes the trend is down but maybe not zero.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

The BBC correspondent I follow on Twitter said some people are claiming on social media in China that people are being treated but not tested so they don’t add to the statistics.  He generally believes the trend is down but maybe not zero.

 

2 hours ago, Quill said:

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

China is also used to doing selective reporting (as is many other countries).

 https://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-imported-coronavirus-cases-rise-as-students-expats-flock-home-2020-3

“China reported a record rise in imported coronavirus cases on Friday as students and expatriates returned home from the United States and Europe, sparking fears of a second wave of infections just as the country recovers from the initial outbreak.

All 41 of the new confirmed cases in China were imported from overseas, the country's National Health Commission said on Saturday, bringing the total number of such cases to 269. There were no locally transmitted cases for the third consecutive day.

Beijing and Shanghai were the main entry points for the returnees, many of whom are students studying abroad. They have come back after many campuses in the United States and Europe shut down to stem rapidly rising infection rates there.

Also returning in a flight to safety were China-based expats, as businesses begin to reopen.

While there is no reported transmission of the virus from people arriving from abroad to local communities, authorities across China are tightening public health measures.

"Since March 11, when the World Health Organization characterized the epidemic as a pandemic, the cumulative number of imported cases (in China) has risen from 85 to 269, up by 216% and outpacing the 98% increase in the cumulative worldwide confirmed cases during the same period," Mi Feng, spokesman of the National Health Commission, said at a regular press briefing.

China must strictly prevent the import of the virus from overseas and a rebound in cases, Mi said.

Of the 14 new imported cases in Beijing on Friday, five were Chinese students returning from abroad. Among Shanghai's record nine cases, five were students flying back from Britain, France, and Switzerland.

The southern provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, and the eastern provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang, as well as Shaanxi and Sichuan, all reported cases.

Guangdong's health commission said on Saturday travelers who enter Guangdong province from abroad will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival either in personal residences or at a centralized quarantine center at the expense of the traveler.

Infected people have also entered China through the major transport hub of Shenzhen, including people making their way back to the mainland from Hong Kong by land.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arcadia said:

 

China is also used to doing selective reporting (as is many other countries).

 https://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-imported-coronavirus-cases-rise-as-students-expats-flock-home-2020-3

“China reported a record rise in imported coronavirus cases on Friday as students and expatriates returned home from the United States and Europe, sparking fears of a second wave of infections just as the country recovers from the initial outbreak.

All 41 of the new confirmed cases in China were imported from overseas, the country's National Health Commission said on Saturday, bringing the total number of such cases to 269. There were no locally transmitted cases for the third consecutive day.

Beijing and Shanghai were the main entry points for the returnees, many of whom are students studying abroad. They have come back after many campuses in the United States and Europe shut down to stem rapidly rising infection rates there.

Also returning in a flight to safety were China-based expats, as businesses begin to reopen.

While there is no reported transmission of the virus from people arriving from abroad to local communities, authorities across China are tightening public health measures.

"Since March 11, when the World Health Organization characterized the epidemic as a pandemic, the cumulative number of imported cases (in China) has risen from 85 to 269, up by 216% and outpacing the 98% increase in the cumulative worldwide confirmed cases during the same period," Mi Feng, spokesman of the National Health Commission, said at a regular press briefing.

China must strictly prevent the import of the virus from overseas and a rebound in cases, Mi said.

Of the 14 new imported cases in Beijing on Friday, five were Chinese students returning from abroad. Among Shanghai's record nine cases, five were students flying back from Britain, France, and Switzerland.

The southern provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, and the eastern provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang, as well as Shaanxi and Sichuan, all reported cases.

Guangdong's health commission said on Saturday travelers who enter Guangdong province from abroad will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival either in personal residences or at a centralized quarantine center at the expense of the traveler.

Infected people have also entered China through the major transport hub of Shenzhen, including people making their way back to the mainland from Hong Kong by land.”

 

yeah that makes sense.  of course criteria in my Aus include contact with known case or overseas travel so we may be only detecting those cases versus only having those cases.  Oh and aged care workers can be tested regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s a cruise ship in a bad situation where no one  wants to dock them and it looks like they are going to be let off in Italy.

https://totalnews.uk/elderly-british-couple-stuck-on-cruise-ship-terrified-of-flying-home-from-italy/
 

not sure about this news site but was the easiest one to link. 
 

edited again Because the second link won’t work properly 

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mathnerd

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/news/Pages/press-statement-032120-reporting-of-non-essential-businesses.aspx

“As of 5 p.m. on March 20, 2020, Santa Clara County has a total of 263 positive COVID-19 cases, an increase of 67 from the previous day. This increased case count is not unexpected given community transmission, an increase in provider reporting, and growing testing capacity through the commercial market.” 

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx

“Total Confirmed Cases
263
Hospitalized
93
Deaths
8
International Travel Associated
22
Close Contacts of Known Cases
70
Presumed Community Transmission
77”
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Washington State

https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus

“Updated on March 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.

County Positive/Confirmed Cases Deaths
Benton 7 2
Chelan 3 0
Clallam 2 0
Clark 9 3
Columbia 1 0
Cowlitz 2 0
Franklin 2 0
Grant 11 1
Grays Harbor 1 0
Island 19 1
Jefferson 4 0
King 934 74
Kitsap 15 0
Kittitas 4 0
Klickitat 4 0
Lewis 2 0
Lincoln 1 0
Mason 1 0
Pierce 95 1
San Juan 1 0
Skagit 28 0
Snohomish 447 10
Spokane 16 0
Stevens 1 0
Thurston 9 0
Whatcom 14 2
Yakima 13 0
Unassigned 147  
Total 1793 94

 

 

Number of Individuals Tested

Result Number of Individuals Tested Percent of Tests

Negative 25,328      93%

Positive 1,793            7%

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by Age

Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths

<19 2% 0%

20-29 8% 0%

30-39 14% 0%

40-49 13% 2%

50-59 17% 5%

60-69 16% 10%

70-79 15%        23%

80+ 14% 60%”

 

Edited by Arcadia
Weird formatting
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-029.aspx

“COVID-19 in California by the Numbers

Note: The following numbers reflect information received from local health jurisdictions as of 2 p.m. PDT March 20. More current numbers may be available from local health jurisdictions.

1,224 – Positive cases

23 – Deaths (including one non-California resident)

Ages of all confirmed positive cases:

  • Age 0-17: 19 cases
  • Age 18-64: 876 cases
  • Age 65+: 321 cases
  • Unknown: 8 cases

Cases not related to repatriation flights: 1,200

  • 96 – Travel-related
  • 122 – Person to person
  • 325 – Community transmission
  • 657 – Under investigation

24 – Positive cases related to federal repatriation flights

Testing in California

As of 2 p.m. PDT March 20, approximately 25,200 tests had been conducted in California. This includes the latest numbers California has received from commercial and private labs. At least 12,528 results have been received and another 12,700+ are pending. Twenty-two state and county health labs are currently testing.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Sigh.  the change in China’s numbers appear to be because they have eased off of testing.  No testing = no positives.

This can also skew things when they’re not tabulating the same way.  It’s what makes the US look like it had terrible infant mortality compared to, say, Germany or even Brazil.


 

Totally understand if you don’t have time but is there a source for that?  I thought China was including those with preexisting conditions.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 news:  @Melissa in Australia just in case you know anyone in need 

Food packages will be distributed to Victorians who don't have friends and family who can readily help them get supplies while they are in mandatory self-isolation due to coronavirus.

The Victorian government will start distributing two weeks worth of food to eligible households with little or nothing in their pantries from Monday.

"We need to look out for each other over the next few months - but for people who have no one nearby to support them, we'll make sure they get what they need," Disability, Ageing and Carers Ministers Luke Donnellan said on Sunday.

People can register their need for the emergency relief packages by calling Victoria's coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 from Monday.

The packages will contain items such as long-life milk, pasta, cereal, canned vegetables and sugar.

 

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

She’s a freelance Italian journalist I follow, along with Posobiac.  That particular bit hasn’t been fleshed out but as far as I can tell it’s part of a current piece she is writing, I can’t find another link easily ATM.  She has several other articles out in the last two weeks analyzing the coverage and breaking down some of what she is seeing in Italy.

I’ll find her then thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Nice to know it's approved, but whether anyone will be able to get one any time soon is a different question of course. I've got a local doctor on my FB begging people for goggles and N95 masks for the hospital. 😕

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

She’s a freelance Italian journalist I follow, along with Posobiac.  That particular bit hasn’t been fleshed out but as far as I can tell it’s part of a current piece she is writing, I can’t find another link easily ATM.  She has several other articles out in the last two weeks analyzing the coverage and breaking down some of what she is seeing in Italy.

Thanks I found it.  May be an explanation for Germany’s apparently low death rate.  To get an accurate picture I guess we have to look at the usual number of deaths and compare to now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Nice to know it's approved, but whether anyone will be able to get one any time soon is a different question of course.

 

https://www.cepheid.com/coronavirus

“3. How fast is Xpert Xpress SARS-CoV-2 test?

The test is well suited for pandemic response. Many of our GeneXpert Systems are in hospital labs and other near-patient settings. From the time a sample (such as a nasopharyngeal swab) is taken, a result can be obtained in less than an hour. We call this “sample-to-answer” and it can be achieved faster than any other test available. It takes less than a minute to prepare the cartridge with the patient sample and approximately 45 minutes for GeneXpert to determine a result after a test cartridge is loaded onto the system

5. When do you expect the test to be available?

Our plan is to start shipping Research Use Only (RUO) and Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) tests before the end of March. 

6. How do I get a test?

Hospitals and labs currently using a GeneXpert system will be able to run the tests. It’s up to the healthcare professionals at those facilities to determine who meets the criteria for being tested.”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HanesBrands to produce surgical masks

Quote

HanesBrands, the Winston-Salem headquartered global apparel manufacturer, will begin producing cotton facemasks in some of its Latin American factories as part of a federal contract to combat a national shortage of masks during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The announcement came today during President Donald Trump's press briefing about the new coronavirus and the federal government's response.

The company has joined a cooperative consortium of other major apparel manufacturers led by Parkdale Mills America that are dedicating manufacturing capacity to meet the U.S. need for masks during the COVID-19 outbreak, according to a spokesman for HanesBrands.

HanesBrands is not producing respiratory masks, but rather a surgical mask. 

The company went from negotiating a contract with the federal government to beginning production in less than a week, according to a spokesperson.

Made from United States-grown cotton, the masks are being produced in HanesBrand sewing facilities in El Salvador, Honduras and the Dominican Republic. These factories would normally produce t-shirts, underwear, socks, sweatpants and sweatshirts. 

At peak output, the company expects to produce about 1.5 million masks a week. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ausmumof3@JadeOrchidSong

Currently I have in China:

a maternal cousin who has been working there for years as expat

my brother’s in-laws in Hainan Island (wife’s parents and siblings)

my middle school classmate and her family working there as expats

my husband’s family friends who are working in Dalian for years as expats 

They are all actually doing very well while my family here have to shelter in place.

My country of origin (not China) has ran out of isolation units and is running out of protective gear despite what the worldwide media says. It’s definitely not a good situation there. Media plays favourites.

ETA:

I am obviously in an area with a high number of people holding China citizenship. 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amendments to current Dallas County (Texas) proclamations:

In a Saturday night press conference in the Dallas County Administration Building, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins explained the new amendment to his previously enacted proclamation about community gatherings and urged folks to not buy more toilet paper than they need.

"It's a surreal time that we live in when I'm having a press conference when I'm spending a lot of time on toilet paper, OK? But there is not a supply chain problem with the toilet paper. Folks, we are the problem with the toilet paper. When I say 'we,' I mean shoppers are the problem with the toilet paper."

A new limit on toilet paper sales will go into effect starting midnight, when all sales of bath or toilet paper in Dallas County are limited to 12 rolls per purchase or one package per purchase, whichever is greater. 

Jenkins also urged people to not take every item off the shelves at grocery stores for those who may not have enough at home.

"We've got to move from selfishness to sacrifice," Jenkins said.

Judge Jenkins also ordered closure of all salons, barber shops, tattoo parlors, etc., in which a six-foot distance from the customer could not be maintained.  All elective dental and medical procedures are prohibited in Dallas County until further notice.  All public or private recreational or community gatherings are also prohibited.

Dallas County confirmed total:  95 cases

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

How are they defining "elective" medical procedures?

He said he expects  hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, dental offices, etc., to determine whether procedures can be postponed or cancelled based on patient risk and considering the need for resources to be redirected to fight the virus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

@Pen@mathnerd@Carol in CA@Acadie@TCB

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/fda-approves-first-bedside-covid-19-test-by-cepheid

“FDA Approves First Bedside Covid-19 Test by Cepheid

Test developed by Silicon Valley can issue results in 45 minutes

A Covid-19 test can deliver results in less than an hour has been approved under an FDA emergency authorization, marking the first test that clinicians can use at the bedside.

Testing shortages have been an ongoing challenge in the U.S. response to curb the pandemic. The White House has promised testing will ramp up as more private companies come on board. Public health and clinical labs have run more than 195,000 tests to date, but that doesn’t include hospital laboratories running their own test, Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said during a White House briefing Saturday.

Cepheid, a Silicon Valley diagnostics company, announced Saturday it received an emergency authorization from the Food and Drug Administration to use the test, making it the 13th Covid-19 test the agency has allowed on the market as long as the public health emergency exists. But it’s the first one that can be used at the point of care, meaning providers don’t have to send patient samples to a separate lab to be processed and then come back to the hospital or provider’s office. Cepheid said it expects to start shipping tests next week.”

ETA:

more info on the company’s webpage https://www.cepheid.com/coronavirus

That is encouraging! It’s still taking days to get results back where we are but hopefully this will be available here soon too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, square_25 said:

This turns out to be misinformation that has been posted a few times in this thread and debunked. Apparently, it's all over the place :-(. 

I didn't know it was already posted in the thread. It is so bad! Water washing it down? Holding your breath? Someone help me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

@Ausmumof3@JadeOrchidSong

Currently I have in China:

a maternal cousin who has been working there for years as expat

my brother’s in-laws in Hainan Island (wife’s parents and siblings)

my middle school classmate and her family working there as expats

my husband’s family friends who are working in Dalian for years as expats 

They are all actually doing very well while my family here have to shelter in place.

My country of origin (not China) has ran out of isolation units and is running out of protective gear despite what the worldwide media says. It’s definitely not a good situation there. Media plays favourites.

ETA:

I am obviously in an area with a high number of people holding China citizenship. 

I’m not sure whether to give you a like or sad reaction.  Glad about China and not the other country.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I know someone in Cincinnati who was exposed to the virus, got bored of the quarantine and went on a trip to Tennessee. Apparently she sent us this a few days ago.

 

Her behavior is despicable IMO and the thing she sent you about fibrosis etc is baloney internet social media hoax trash.  

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coles has announced it will donate $1 million worth of food and groceries to vulnerable Australians amid the coronavirus outbreak.

The supermarket giant said in a statement on Sunday the donations would be sent to food relief organisations, Foodbank and SecondBite.

They will then distribute the food to 3800 community programs across the nation.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Pen said:

Her behavior is despicable IMO and the thing she sent you about fibrosis etc is baloney internet social media hoax trash.  

I know. I just thought it should be shared and didn't realize it already was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

South Australian border to close to non essential traffic from Tuesday.  Effectively people can still come through but have to self isolate for 14 days.  They need to give name, number and address where they will be isolating to police at border crossings.

How does that work for logistics? Trucks and supplies? What if you come through and go home again before 14 days - just stay isolated I guess...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...