Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

The big national science and engineering festival just canceled. This is a giant event. Sigh. Glad they called it off though. It’s also in the convention center here in DC - where CPAC was held.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ausmumof3

    3227

  • Pen

    2458

  • Arcadia

    1337

  • prairiewindmomma

    305

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DS got home 3 hours ago!  ❤️❤️

Update-  my youngest is not only short of breath, coughing, dizzy, nausaues, and with headache-  she is also confused.  I called our doctor and talked with him and she is going to be going to the ER.

That's not a blanket right.  If my religion required human sacrifice, I can't practice it.  If my religion required sexual assault, I can't practice it. Freedom of religion isn't a blanket right

Posted Images

Oldest DS’s private school has released their pandemic plan, and has stopped all large gatherings and has hand sanitizer everywhere, as well as cleaning protocols, and their nurse is doing her thing. Younger DS’s public school is sharing chrome books throughout the school, and switching desks between kids, with nary a wipe or hand wash in sight. Sigh. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, square_25 said:

I’ve read “One Grain of Rice” to my classes. Perhaps we need to host a parent reading... (Who knows this story??)

 

I just read it to my six year old today and we talked about the virus in this context. If my six year can understand it, and take extra care to protect his grandparents (who are visiting snowbirds from Canada), so should the damn adults. I feel bad for them stuck here during a pandemic with our healthcare system, but I wouldn't be able to do my clinical rotations without them here to help watch the kids. We are also not sure if traveling right now is the best idea either. They drove here, so would have to make the week-long trek back to Quebec. So, they've decided to stay put for the time being (they stay on our boat during the winter, so they can isolate if need be). So hard to know what to do.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maize said:

It was mostly the olive oil that had me puzzled. 

I saw an Asian lady buying 8 bottles of organic olive oil at Costco and was puzzled and chalked it up to the custom of many local Asians shipping edibles to their relatives in Asia. But, now I think that hoarding olive oil is ongoing because Italian supply might be affected! Napa valley cannot keep up to national demand.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few weeks ago I saw a lot of carts filled with rice and olive oil.  I don't think they were planning to ship it---it was just their own version of stocking up.

Italian olive oil supply has been really tight for several years due to drought and disease.  It's why Costco started carrying Greek olive oil in the 2L bottle instead, and the Italian EVOO is now in the tiny bottle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mathnerd said:

I saw an Asian lady buying 8 bottles of organic olive oil at Costco and was puzzled and chalked it up to the custom of many local Asians shipping edibles to their relatives in Asia. But, now I think that hoarding olive oil is ongoing because Italian supply might be affected! Napa valley cannot keep up to national demand.


We bought more than 8 when grocery outlet (Alma St, Palo Alto) had a sale. It’s to hedge against price hike.

ETA:

Mine is from Spain 

646A2A12-A165-4272-BAAB-BB0B927E97D1.jpeg

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kand said:

This is one of the things that indicates how widespread this may be in the US by now. We're starting to see more cases where travelers are bringing it back from the US, meaning it's likely pretty widespread in certain areas (like Seattle).

Yes, and I know at least 2 different people, from different families on Facebook here locally who traveled to Seattle area in the last 2 months.  And I am not a person with thousands of Facebook friends. More like 170 or so.  ANd a lot of those are not local at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a lot of wild olives here and we used to go harvest from roadsides and friend paddock and get it pressed.  Best oil ever.  Olive pressing time is coming up in a few months so maybe we’ll be doing that again.  Although many of the roadside trees are being sprayed because they’re technically a weed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, square_25 said:

I was just told by a local HS mom that I’m participating in media hysteria because I’m worried about this, since the total deaths are so much lower than for the flu.

Well, the RATES are 10 times higher, assuming we’re calculating right!! Argh!! Numeracy, people...

But that's such a "meaningless comparative!"

From Rush Limbaugh today (3/11/20):

"The flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1%, so Fauci places the new coronavirus lethality rate at somewhere around 1%. That’s the story. It isn’t that it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu, and this is how this crap gets politicized!

Pardon my yelling, but this stuff is what ticks me off, and my instincts tell me this. I know this kind of trickery and monkeying around with stuff is going on in these things because I know the media, I know the left, I know the Democrat Party, and I know how they’re trying to scare everybody and now they’re using Fauci here. “This is Trump’s guy! Trump’s guy is saying it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu,” which means nothing.

Ten times more lethal? Lethal than what? What does lethal mean? Does lethal kill you? Does lethal infect you? Does lethal give you a temperature of 102 versus 100? What does it do to you? It’s a meaningless comparative. Ten times more lethal? The only thing worth knowing in this story is that Anthony Fauci says the fatality rate to coronavirus is much less than what they believed."

 

[edited to move the author of the piece to the top so no one thinks these are my words! 😂]

 

 

Edited by Corraleno
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

But that's such a "meaningless comparative!"

"The flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1%, so Fauci places the new coronavirus lethality rate at somewhere around 1%.” That’s the story. It isn’t that it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu, and this is how this crap gets politicized!

Pardon my yelling, but this stuff is what ticks me off, and my instincts tell me this. I know this kind of trickery and monkeying around with stuff is going on in these things because I know the media, I know the left, I know the Democrat Party, and I know how they’re trying to scare everybody and now they’re using Fauci here. “This is Trump’s guy! Trump’s guy is saying it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu,” which means nothing.

Ten times more lethal? Lethal than what? What does lethal mean? Does lethal kill you? Does lethal infect you? Does lethal give you a temperature of 102 versus 100? What does it do to you? It’s a meaningless comparative. Ten times more lethal? The only thing worth knowing in this story is that Anthony Fauci says the fatality rate to coronavirus is much less than what they believed."

Rush Limbaugh 3/11/20

 

 

Do you think Rush doesn't actually know the meaning of the word lethal or that he is just pretending not to?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RootAnn said:

And yet, they are continuing with boys state basketball (this week) as if nothing will happen. I understand no one wants to cancel, but people!!! This is a stupid move!

ETA:  Just saw that the officials are attempting to limit fans to "family members of players." Better than nothing but a still a mistake... wonder if the cheerleaders will still be performing.

 

I was concerned about sports events really mixing things up as kids travel from one part of our state to another.  Especially a problem, imo, with sports like wrestling where competitors are right in each other’s faces. 

I don’t know if CV19 is related, but spring sports at my son’s school started, and very few kids are doing it this year. There weren’t enough kids interested to have baseball at all. They are having track and field, but instead of a significant part of the school student body involved (around 75 kids a couple of years ago) it looks to be maybe a dozen . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maize said:

Do you think Rush doesn't actually know the meaning of the word lethal or that he is just pretending not to?

I can't really tell whether he's only mildly stupid and mostly evil, or truly stupid and only slightly evil.

Meanwhile Alex Jones is urging his listeners to buy his magical toothpaste that has been "proven by the Pentagon" to prevent all coronaviruses, and they should also order some of the prepper food packages he sells, because the price (which he already doubled once the coronavirus thing took off) is going to go up again next week...

I doubt he's relying on that toothpaste to protect his own family, so I'd say the evil outweighs the stupid in that case.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My route for trip to city didn’t take me by any big box store, so I could not assess parking lot fullness.  Where I was seemed mostly normal.  

No hand sanitizer. No H2O2 wipes (though plenty of bottles with it as liquid). Sold out of aloe gel, but it was on a good sale so that might be part of why. 

There were more medicinal herb starts than usual.

And either fewer flower starts than usual or else a run was made on the tulips and daffodils and hyacinths etc that are usually on display at this time of year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I can't really tell whether he's only mildly stupid and mostly evil, or truly stupid and only slightly evil.

Meanwhile Alex Jones is urging his listeners to buy his magical toothpaste that has been "proven by the Pentagon" to prevent all coronaviruses, and they should also order some of the prepper food packages he sells, because the price (which he already doubled once the coronavirus thing took off) is going to go up again next week...

I doubt he's relying on that toothpaste to protect his own family, so I'd say the evil outweighs the stupid in that case.

This is beyond disgusting.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcadia said:


We bought more than 8 when grocery outlet (Alma St, Palo Alto) had a sale. It’s to hedge against price hike.

ETA:

Mine is from Spain 

646A2A12-A165-4272-BAAB-BB0B927E97D1.jpeg

Trader Joe's has a new Extra Virgin olive oil blend from the "Mediterranean" for $3.99.  Didn't try it yet as I thought I was stocked up, but now that this connections been made, I'll try it this week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, maize said:

Do you think Rush doesn't actually know the meaning of the word lethal or that he is just pretending not to?

what does he care - he's got stage 4 lung cancer.  Though right now I wouldn't mind kicking him in the mouth with steel toed boots - and I'm a *conservative*!

 

18 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I can't really tell whether he's only mildly stupid and mostly evil, or truly stupid and only slightly evil.

Meanwhile Alex Jones is urging his listeners to buy his magical toothpaste that has been "proven by the Pentagon" to prevent all coronaviruses, and they should also order some of the prepper food packages he sells, because the price (which he already doubled once the coronavirus thing took off) is going to go up again next week...

I doubt he's relying on that toothpaste to protect his own family, so I'd say the evil outweighs the stupid in that case.

where's the fainting emoji when you need it?

 

I don't know who posted this - but I thought I deserved more attention (I've found this thread impossible to keep up with - so I miss a lot.).  It's youtube video from glenn beck (stop making that face).  He's read some letters from a couple drs in Italy and what is really going on there.  their medical system is overwhelmed, and they can't even treat regular patients.  TBH - it's heartbreaking to listen to.   GB is strongly urging people to listen to what the CDC is saying, don't panic but use common sense, and self-isolate if at all possible.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

But that's such a "meaningless comparative!"

"The flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1%, so Fauci places the new coronavirus lethality rate at somewhere around 1%. That’s the story. It isn’t that it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu, and this is how this crap gets politicized!

Pardon my yelling, but this stuff is what ticks me off, and my instincts tell me this. I know this kind of trickery and monkeying around with stuff is going on in these things because I know the media, I know the left, I know the Democrat Party, and I know how they’re trying to scare everybody and now they’re using Fauci here. “This is Trump’s guy! Trump’s guy is saying it’s 10 times more lethal than the flu,” which means nothing.

Ten times more lethal? Lethal than what? What does lethal mean? Does lethal kill you? Does lethal infect you? Does lethal give you a temperature of 102 versus 100? What does it do to you? It’s a meaningless comparative. Ten times more lethal? The only thing worth knowing in this story is that Anthony Fauci says the fatality rate to coronavirus is much less than what they believed."

Rush Limbaugh 3/11/20

 

 

I thought this was your thoughts till I got to the end and I was like... I thought corraleno was so sensible and she’s lost her mind!  Then I realised who you were quoting 🙂 

  • Haha 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

My nephew's school in Atherton CA is closing and moving to e-learning for a month.  They closed a a couple of days last week because of an possibly infected staff member (wasn't infected).  There are no other cases but they say they are being proactive.

These kids are going to be able to switch on a dime because they are well off and parents are educated, they have internet, and have food security.  What about the regular public schools.  It's going to get way worse before it gets better. May G-d have mercy on us all.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YaelAldrich said:

My nephew's school in Atherton CA is closing and moving to e-learning for a month.  They closed a a couple of days last week because of an possibly infected staff member (wasn't infected).  There are no other cases but they say they are being proactive.

These kids are going to be able to switch on a dime because they are well off and parents are educated, they have internet, and have food security.  What about the regular public schools.  It's going to get way worse before it gets better. May G-d have mercy on us all.

some public schools are planning on at least trying to find a way to continue getting free/reduced breakfast/lunch kids their meals.  we have several districts here closing - they're still very much trying to figure things out.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I thought this was your thoughts till I got to the end and I was like... I thought corraleno was so sensible and she’s lost her mind!  Then I realised who you were quoting 🙂 

Same...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I thought this was your thoughts till I got to the end and I was like... I thought corraleno was so sensible and she’s lost her mind!  Then I realised who you were quoting 🙂 

 

Samesies.

ETA: Ok, I will be a d*ck and say that Rush will know the meaning of the word lethal soon enough. Karma, dude.

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For many people, I don't think they necessarily don't understand math, but they don't believe the math will happen. They see it as the math happens unless we get control of it and people believe that it will go away; magical thinking or something. Perhaps people have faith in the government and systems we have in place. 

I can sort of understand why- other things have had scary numbers too and nothing got too serious here and people are often inclined to be optimistic. When was the last time the 1918 flu happened? Obviously 102 years...that's outside our lifespans. We don't have anything that spreads so easily that we couldn't contain or mitigate hit us. 

I hope those people are correct, but I am concerned that this virus is different for many reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/03/portland-announces-first-coronavirus-actions-including-help-for-homeless-people-vulnerable-to-virus-limits-on-city-sponsored-gatherings.html

"

He said people staying in shelter who are 60 or older with pre-existing health conditions will be moved temporarily into motels and other locations for their safety and the safety of other people. He didn’t say if that process had begun.

“This situation will change on a daily, if not hourly, basis going forward,” Wheeler said.

CORONAVIRUS IN OREGON: THE LATEST NEWS

Commissioner Chloe Eudaly said portable toilets and hand washing stations will be placed in 14 locations across the city and that the Portland Bureau of Transportation issued the permits Wednesday morning. It’s unclear where those locations will be."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/university-of-oregon-oregon-state-university-canceling-in-person-classes-big-gatherings-amid-coronavirus-concerns.html

The University of Oregon and Oregon State University on Wednesday announced they are instituting new social distancing policies, canceling in-person final exams and requiring classes to be taught online. The institutions join a growing nationwide shift to online-only class instruction in higher education amid concerns over the rapidly spreading coronavirus pandemic.

University officials said the colleges would allow classes to continue March 12 and 13. Effective Sunday, all non-essential events and gatherings of more than 50 people are canceled. Attendance at university sporting events will be restricted to athletes, essential personnel and the media.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YaelAldrich said:

These kids are going to be able to switch on a dime because they are well off and parents are educated, they have internet, and have food security.  What about the regular public schools.  It's going to get way worse before it gets better. May G-d have mercy on us all.


That’s why my school district is keeping the schools open; many are on free breakfast and lunch program as well as free/subsidized onsite afterschool childcare. My neighbor a block away is unhappy because her son is “suffering” and “in harms way” for having to go to school when the district allows for five consecutive days of “truancy” if a parent fill up the form. Some parents are saying that they might sue the district if their kids get infected.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, but five days of truancy isn't helpful when this pandemic is going to rage for months on end.

I'm trying to get ds's enrollment switched from brick and mortar to the district's online academy but the process has been quite rocky and I'm not sure it's going to happen. My only options if he is turned down is to send him to public school and risk the continued exposure to me or to homeschool him and risk losing his IEP protections which expire in May.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, square_25 said:

I'd say it's a bit of both. You can understand the math and realize there are a LOT of unknowns. You can also not understand the math. 

Or the words...I still see plenty of people who say it's NBD because coronavirus is on the back of Lysol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many of these problems come back to a lack of proper clear, concise messaging from those who have the power to proclaim things.  Telling us to wash our hands gives us no real idea of the scope of the problem.  Telling us actual data, providing accessing to testing so that we have proof of the scope of the problem, and asking us to self-sacrifice to flatten the curve would be helpful. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guidance from our superintendent today is that schools in our area need to prepare for "lengthy closures". 

Also, my special education class will be online the rest of the semester with no in -person classes. Thankfully Vermont seems to be trying to be proactive. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

Guidance from our superintendent today is that schools in our area need to prepare for "lengthy closures". 

Also, my special education class will be online the rest of the semester with no in -person classes. Thankfully Vermont seems to be trying to be proactive. 

I feel the same about Maine. I guess we have had the luxury of time; the state doesn’t  have any known cases yet so the governor and powers that be have had a bit of space to evaluate what’s working in other states. While there are still so many unknowns, the school department has been sending out information, which is reassuring at least. AFAIK all our universities and colleges have decided to go online and send students home as possible. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/university-of-oregon-oregon-state-university-canceling-in-person-classes-big-gatherings-amid-coronavirus-concerns.html

The University of Oregon and Oregon State University on Wednesday announced they are instituting new social distancing policies, canceling in-person final exams and requiring classes to be taught online. The institutions join a growing nationwide shift to online-only class instruction in higher education amid concerns over the rapidly spreading coronavirus pandemic.

University officials said the colleges would allow classes to continue March 12 and 13. Effective Sunday, all non-essential events and gatherings of more than 50 people are canceled. Attendance at university sporting events will be restricted to athletes, essential personnel and the media.

 

I hope elementary, middle and high schools will get on board too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, square_25 said:

 

Right, but since it looks like part of an effective response will have to involve quarantine, sticking heads in the sand is not going to be helpful... 

 

Not necessarily “quarantine” in all cases. 

Social distancing also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Right, but five days of truancy isn't helpful when this pandemic is going to rage for months on end.


I understand. I’m sure you are not insisting that school district close schools or be sued, and that students who are on the free breakfast and lunch program can find their own food.

I only quoted  the schools portion. The PDFs are 7 pages (Seattle-King, Pierce, and Snohomish County) and 6 pages (Santa Clara county) long  
“CDC’s Recommendations for the next 30 days of Mitigation Strategies for Seattle-King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties

Schools should arrange for students at risk of severe illness to be able to implement individual plans for distance learning, e-learning.
• Implement social distancing measures, e.g.:
o Cancel large gatherings (e.g., assemblies)
o Postpone athletic contests (basketball, football games) in the absence of
spectators
o Limit all classroom mixing
o Alter schedules to reduce mixing (e.g., stagger recess, entry/dismissal times) o Limit inter-school interactions of all types
o Consider distance or e-learning in schools with higher risk populations (.e.g,
greater proportion of special needs children)
• Regular health checks (e.g., temperature and respiratory symptom screening on
arrival at school) of students, staff, and visitors.
• Short-term dismissals for school and extracurricular activities as needed (e.g., if
cases in staff/students) for cleaning and contact tracing
• Extend spring break by an additional two weeks to be made up at the end of the
standard term.
• Cancellation of all school-associated congregations, particularly those with
participation of high-risk individuals.
• Consider implementing distance learning if feasible” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/Seattle_Community_Mitigation.pdf

@mathnerd@Carol in CA

“CDC’s recommendations for 30 day Mitigation Strategies for Santa Clara County, California, 

Schools should arrange for students at risk of severe illness for distance learning, e-learning.
• Implement social distancing measures, e.g.:
o Cancel large gatherings (e.g., assemblies)
o Alter schedules to reduce mixing (e.g., stagger recess, entry/dismissal
times)
o Limit all classroom mixing
o Limit inter-school interactions of all types
o Consider distance or e-learning in schools with higher risk populations
(e.g., greater proportion of special needs children)
• Consider regular health checks (e.g., temperature and respiratory symptom
screening on arrival at school) of students, staff, and visitors or home monitoring.
• Short-term dismissals for school and extracurricular activities as needed (e.g., if
cases in staff/students) for cleaning and contact tracing
• Upcoming spring breaks could be extended (start early or extend by one week) to
gain additional time for health care facilities to increase preparedness.
• Cancellation of all school-associated congregations, particularly those with
participation of high-risk individuals.
• Consider implementing distance learning if feasible” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/Santa-Clara_Community_Mitigation.pdf

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Farrar said:

In terms of the food issue... around here, they open summer breakfast and lunch at several locations in every city ward. They don’t check the kids - they just feed all of them. Is there nothing like that in other places?

There are.  I remember that program was available since at least the early 2000's.  My dd or both dd's (can't remember) was or were in girl scout day camp in Albuquerque that was held near one of those places.  I don't think they had breakfast then but I didn't need to provide lunch because the whole camp got free lunch.  

In my current city, the sites are not citywide, I do not think,. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StellaM said:

@TravelingChris

Here's the link to that reading challenge

https://www.theliterary.life/20-for-2020-reading-challenge/

They have a podcast linked on that page, and there's a FB discussion group that is reasonably active. Search for The Literary Life Podcast Discussion.

 

Thank you so very much

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, square_25 said:

 

Well, they are not very severe, but we don't know their rate of infection yet. So if they are getting infected at the same rate and we aren't even testing them (there aren't enough tests for kids with sniffles!), we don't know if it's a good idea to have them in school. Realistically. 

 

According to the Chinese studies we have children get infected at the same rate, they are just much more likely to be asymptomatic.   So it isn't a good idea to have them in school BUT from a legal perspective their hands may be tied. It's possible they aren't allowed to cancel until specific conditions have been met.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to church tonight for soup supper, and I stayed for evening prayer and Bible study.  There were only about 35-40 people at dinner and worship service, and 13 of us at Bible study, so not a huge number of people absolutely, but I felt like we were living super dangerously.  But man it felt good to be around people.   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our small CC has joined many of the big universities in Michigan and has cancelled classes for next week while they move to an online-only format.

Edited by melmichigan
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty schizophrenic here, because on the one hand I'm mostly hearing, "This is no big deal," or "Well, what can you do?"  But every time I go to the grocery store, there's tons of people there, with carts full of lysol wipes, toilet paper, and water.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It's pretty schizophrenic here, because on the one hand I'm mostly hearing, "This is no big deal," or "Well, what can you do?"  But every time I go to the grocery store, there's tons of people there, with carts full of lysol wipes, toilet paper, and water.  

Do as I say, and not as I do 🤣

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcadia said:


That’s why my school district is keeping the schools open; many are on free breakfast and lunch program as well as free/subsidized onsite afterschool childcare. My neighbor a block away is unhappy because her son is “suffering” and “in harms way” for having to go to school when the district allows for five consecutive days of “truancy” if a parent fill up the form. Some parents are saying that they might sue the district if their kids get infected.

Someone mentioned Singapore being able to keep schools open and still slow things down

any thoughts on what they’re doing different.  Other than the very thorough contact tracing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...