Menu

wuhan - coronavirus

gardenmom5

3 hours ago, Bootsie said:

There is also much intergenerational living in South Korea, with many people traveling between densely populated Seoul and the outer regions.  While I haven't been able to find statistics on the differences in intergenerational living, South Korea has had a very different outcome.

the epicenter in South Korea is Deagu, not Seoul.  And it started with a mega-church member.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I think the re-opening of some in PA is the result of calling and testing.

Maybe disaster-relief shower trailers at rest stops? 

I think the problem is cleaning. They are closing rest stops so that people don't have to clean them and probably so others won't feel as free about traveling. 

Who, what entities, would one call or write to on this issue?  I would think it isn’t just PA. ?  

14 minutes ago, Math teacher said:

Just got the notification the Dh's job is furloughing everyone starting Wednesday. He works for a tire manufacturing company.

I am sorry. 

Would you mind sharing your state or at least your region, if you're in the US? People are wondering when manufacturing and non-medical related construction are going to have the privilege of #StayHome, all over the country. 

17 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I think the problem is cleaning. They are closing rest stops so that people don't have to clean them and probably so others won't feel as free about traveling. 

I heard today that some of the closings are because of the disappearance of toilet paper from rest stop bathrooms overnight.

So, 1 positive in my tiny, rural town (recent travel to Colorado is being cited as the reason), but the town library is still open, the dance studio is open (with class sizes < 10 normally but the dance teacher's DH just came back from out of the country), the yoga studio is open (class sizes "average" 10), and a small local gym is still open as far as I can tell. 

I am looking forward to when there is an antibody test like a diabetic's at home blood sugar test. Finger prick, blood spot, yes/no answer. (I like this reference better than the home pregnancy test one.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joker said:

Do we know what the truly mild symptoms are? It seems like many of the wealthy/celebrities say they have really no symptoms but are positive.

I'm just curious because I started with a sore throat and bad headache last week (which I've seen many recently mention as symptoms) them I had two days with an uncomfortable tickle in my chest. Never had that before. Now it's still a tickle when I take a breath but not as bad. I also have been coughing but not constant, just more than normal. I don't know if I've ever had fever but I also honestly can't remember the last time I did as I normally don't get one. It just seems like there isn't a lot of info about the really mild cases and some things I've read recently have me wondering. 

I've been wondering the exact same thing.

About three weeks ago, my dd came back from an out of state martial arts competition and rapidly developed a fever and cough. A few days later I got sick with a fever and a really bad sore throat with visible white lesions. Went to the doctor, was tested for strep, that came back negative. The fever and sore throat went away but ever since then I have had fatigue, headache, and a tickle or tightness in my chest. Very little coughing.

Our state is still short on tests so I don't think I could convince anyone to test me but I do wonder. And worry. I could have been spreading this around the community and never know. 

Edited by maize
  • Sad 2

I’m positive there are people in China who think the virus is a US attack just like there are people in America who think the reverse. Both groups may even be a majority. Fortunately, there are sentient beings here and there who know otherwise. Many of them send me their children for English lessons each week. They frequently ask how we are faring and are watching the news for updates. They are recording messages of encouragement and reaching out on WeChat. I don’t see any value in amplifying the stupid people on either side.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3csym38

science in action: Are You Carrying the Virus?

@Arcadia @Quill @Ausmumof3 @lewelma @mathnerd @regentrude @square_25  

Or tag at  any of you with engineering oriented family or acquaintances 

The end of radio program is a section on ventilators  and a crowd sourcing request for people to come together— people with design ideas, people who know what’s needed medically in the field, manufacturers with capacity to make them or parts etc

@Arcadia @Pen @Ausmumof3 @square_25

In a great example of what can happen when smart, technically-oriented people come together in a time of need, an open-source hardware project started by a group including Irish entrepreneur Colin Keogh and Breeze Automation CEO and co-founder Gui Calavanti has produced a prototype ventilator using 3D-printed parts and readily available, inexpensive material.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/open-source-project-spins-up-3d-printed-ventilator-validation-prototype-in-just-one-week/

Also, Tesla, GM and Ford are committed to manufacturing ventilators. Tesla is a market disruptor and game changer and I am confident that when they enter a manufacturing space, they will change the old and established way of doing things and come out with a great ventilator design that could also be manufactured in large numbers efficiently. The Siemens and other ventilator makers are going to have a lot of competition in that market space when things get back to normal.

On another note, there is a "national stockpile" of ventilators available which is a secret stash for emergencies (chatter on the internet says that perhaps the lawmakers get first dibs on it).

There are also some machines in federally stockpiled emergency supplies, though the exact number isn’t public.

“There is a strategic national stockpile of ventilators, but the numbers are classified,” says Toner. It’s been “publicly stated,” he says, that there are about 10,000 ventilators in the national stockpile. “That number might be a bit outdated, but it’s probably about right,” he says. Other estimates range from 4,000 to somewhat less than 10,000.

https://wbhm.org/npr_story_post/2020/as-the-pandemic-spreads-will-there-be-enough-ventilators/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, I've been wondering, "Who the heck goes on a cruise at a time like this?"

The answer, apparently, is my mother in law's brother and his girlfriend, who are almost 80.  He got back recently and has developed some kind of severe kidney problem.  He's hospitalized, but the nephrologists won't see him because he hasn't been back two weeks (and I'm certain he's one who wouldn't stay in quarantine), and they don't want to contract Covid 19 and spread it to vulnerable patients with kidney disease.  

Such an idiot.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

22 hours ago, SKL said:

That is different from what the news story that I googled said.  Of course the news story could be wrong.  But my usual local news source was not reporting the death at all, despite reporting a number of other Coronavirus related things on a frequent basis.

I think you can trust the CDC website....

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/reporting-pui.html

1 hour ago, calbear said:

This is helpful for those in your circles who just can't process the math. I don't know how you can make it any more obvious.

SocialDistancing.jpg

This is a good chart.  The problem I'm seeing with the (few) people I know who seem to be ignoring the need to social distance are also -- probably BECAUSE everyone else is being so careful -- not seeing a big increase in cases.  So, they're still not connecting "social distance" with "less increase."   They are seeing "less increase" with "therefore it's really not so bad."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article241376141.html?fbclid=IwAR3FsvtQ6G7V2fpCFMmaflgDyBqfeF9R9dPKUMqj8fPvO6fvPYpku6m82Dk

This article discusses rural issues, lack of hospitals,  resources, ect.  Rural areas also have a larger elderly population.   I know we would need to drive an hour to the local hospital- and its a small rural one, few ventilators, low bed count.  Normally they transfer anyone with serious issues.  That hospital serves several counties.

Thank you for posting this. I am in this general geographic region & my tiny town does have a hospital but with very few beds & I don't know if we have any ventilators.

47 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I think the re-opening of some in PA is the result of calling and testing.

Maybe disaster-relief shower trailers at rest stops? 

Vermont's closed yesterday, but I believe they not have porta potties at all of them. One of the main reasons is that most of the people volunteering at the rest areas are elderly and at a higher risk of getting ill. I wonder if they could re-open and hire some of the workers that have been recently laid off. 

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Vermont-rest-areas-close-facilities-add-port-a-pottiesVermont-rest-areas-close-facilities-add-port-a-pottiesVermont-rest-areas-close-facilities-add-port-a-potties-568972561.html

• Like 1

Coronavirus: FAA issues temporary ground stop for NYC, Philadelphia airports

The Federal Aviation Administration has issued a temporary ground stop for all flights leaving from New York City-area airports because of coronavirus-related staffing issues at a regional air-traffic control center.

In an alert posted online Saturday, the agency advised air traffic controllers to "stop all departures" to Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark and other airports in the region. The directive also affects Philadelphia International Airport.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/03/21/coronavirus-faa-temporary-ground-stop-jfk-laguardia-newark-philadelphia/2891750001/

• Sad 2

you know, there have been multiple cases where people went out after knowing they had/probably-had (were being tested because they were symptomatic) this virus.  there needs to be criminal charges (assuming they survive).  I think of the man who got on the jet-blue cross country flight knowing he was being tested, received confirmation he had it before the plane took off - and stayed on it anyway.  Jet blue banned him from ever flying with them, but there needs to be criminal charges for this.

then the woman at the mega church in Deagu South Korea.  she went to church AFTER she was told to be tested because she was symptomatic.  (and she'd gone to church the previous week when she probably was contagious - but (I think) not symptomatic.)

those are just two cases.

a third case is a homeless guy in seattle who walked off from a quarantine facility while waiting for test results (they were negative.)., shoplifted at a nearby store, then hopped on a metro bus.  I agree with the kent mayor if people are going to be quarantined, there has to be a way of enforcing it because some people just don't care about anyone else.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Speaking of those-who-knew, has there been further news on the daddy-daughter-dance folks?

Last I saw, the father still tested negative and they were complying with quarantine.  I haven’t seen any other cases publicly linked to them, but ya know, testing shortages.  Feels like that happened years ago.

The ones we know about in the area so far have been travel-related or transmission within healthcare (docs, nurses).  Pretty much everything has been shut down around here.  There’s supposed to be a stay-at-home order coming soon, but I don’t know anyone who isn’t already doing that.  My mom and I both have made grocery runs and the stores were practically empty.  Almost no traffic.  There is literally nothing to do except buy food/necessities and walk a dog.  It’s like Father-Daughter Dance Rich Dude provoked everyone in my Very Much Not Rich county to give that guy the middle finger and take it more seriously from the start.

ETA:  I take that back, there are some cases associated with a preschool and somewhere else.  It’s all getting jumbled in my head these days.

Edited by BarbecueMom

3 hours ago, Garga said:

I believe you, but I do want to share a story.

We have hosted Chinese exchange students for a few summers. 

I asked one of them on Instagram how he was faring and he is fine. He asked us how we are. I told him that we’re in a sort of lock down, in that our state has shut most businesses.

He asked if we had face masks and I told him no and he insisted on sending me some.  He has bought them and is mailing them to me.

So, while I believe what you’re writing, I also know that there are Chinese people who don’t completely hate Americans.  Perhaps he doesn’t like “Americans” as a whole, but he is doing his best to take care of the Americans he knows personally.

Do be careful of masks sent from China. Some are fake, poorly made. I have seen people scammed. 

Chinese people are friendly to Americans they get to know. You can ask him if he believes American army brought virus to Wuhan. That will be the tester. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lang Syne Boardie said:

I am sorry. 

Would you mind sharing your state or at least your region, if you're in the US? People are wondering when manufacturing and non-medical related construction are going to have the privilege of #StayHome, all over the country. 

I'm in Southwest Arkansas-oh I'll just go ahead and put it out there, may delete later.

I'm in Texarkana, Arkansas and the company is Cooper Tire.

Edited by Math teacher
  • Thanks 2

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

I have been following the trackers and I don’t understand. Are there few or no new cases in those places? What about all the people “in limbo” positive cases who are neither dead nor recovered? Did they stop reporting? Are they concealing? Are they no longer testing? I don’t understand what the data means. 

2 minutes ago, Quill said:

Maybe this has been discussed (sorry; I can’t stay on top of every post) but does anybody know what the *actual* situation with cases/deaths/recoveries is in China? In S. korea? 

I have been following the trackers and I don’t understand. Are there few or no new cases in those places? What about all the people “in limbo” positive cases who are neither dead nor recovered? Did they stop reporting? Are they concealing? Are they no longer testing? I don’t understand what the data means. 

🇰🇷 South Korea (GMT+9)

“○ As of 0:00, 21 March 2020, the total number of confirmed cases is 8,799, of which 2,612 cases have been discharged from isolation. Newly confirmed cases are 147 in total.” https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a30402000000&bid=0030

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

the epicenter in South Korea is Deagu, not Seoul.  And it started with a mega-church member.

Daegu is about 150 miles from Seoul and connected by high-speed rail and frequent direct bus service.  It is not uncommon for grandchildren to live with grandparents in one town, and the parents commute back and forth from Seoul on the weekends.  Given the outbreak, in Daegu, it is surprising that it did not quickly spread to densely populated Seoul in large numbers, given what has been seen in Italy.

@Pen@mathnerd@Carol in CA@Acadie@TCB

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/fda-approves-first-bedside-covid-19-test-by-cepheid

“FDA Approves First Bedside Covid-19 Test by Cepheid

Test developed by Silicon Valley can issue results in 45 minutes

A Covid-19 test can deliver results in less than an hour has been approved under an FDA emergency authorization, marking the first test that clinicians can use at the bedside.

Testing shortages have been an ongoing challenge in the U.S. response to curb the pandemic. The White House has promised testing will ramp up as more private companies come on board. Public health and clinical labs have run more than 195,000 tests to date, but that doesn’t include hospital laboratories running their own test, Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said during a White House briefing Saturday.

Cepheid, a Silicon Valley diagnostics company, announced Saturday it received an emergency authorization from the Food and Drug Administration to use the test, making it the 13th Covid-19 test the agency has allowed on the market as long as the public health emergency exists. But it’s the first one that can be used at the point of care, meaning providers don’t have to send patient samples to a separate lab to be processed and then come back to the hospital or provider’s office. Cepheid said it expects to start shipping tests next week.”

ETA:

more info on the company’s webpage https://www.cepheid.com/coronavirus

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

“8:15 a.m. San Francisco company donates 60,000 surgical masks: Health care workers in San Francisco got a large shipment of protective equipment Friday — a critical arsenal as they battle the coronavirus pandemic. The donation from San Francisco-based company Flexport includes 60,000 surgical masks, 34,000 gloves, 2,000 surgical gowns and 50 thermometers. Mayor London Breed announced the delivery Saturday in conjunction with Supervisor Catherine Stefani, who served as an intermediary. Officials said they would put the supplies to immediate use in San Francisco’s Emergency Operations Center.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/SF-company-donates-60-000-masks-other-supplies-15147563.php

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, HeighHo said:

The way it went down here was dependent on case load and voluntary social isolation success.   Here is what NY considers essential: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-issues-guidance-essential-services-under-new-york-state-pause-executive-order   .   Not all mfg or non-medical construction is considered nonessential, so those workers are still working, although they may be screened before coming in.  One of my dc was sent home because a co-worker had to be tested....in the meantime the work area is being disinfected and the return date is set based on the test results.

Thank you.

My son is a plumber who is helping to build a new ICU in a children's hospital, so we are sure he will stay at work. They are screening and temperature taking, at least. My husband is an electrician working in an automotive plant that has yet to shut down when the others did -- but it's one that might be commandeered for ventilator building, in which case they'll need electricians to help get that set up. His boss and the union are attempting to protect them while keeping as many at work as possible. I keep having fear creep up and get me, but then I get a handle on it again. We have high risk people at home but I know we are not the only "essential worker" family in that situation. 

• Like 1

Italy recorded almost 800 deaths in the last 24 hours. 

US cases are increasing rapidly, mainly because of what looks like a massive amount of testing being done in NY. We have passed Germany and are about to pass Spain in total cases. However, our death rate based on reported cases looks like it’s close to 1 percent, and Italy’s looks like it’s around 9 percent.  I still think we are underreporting cases massively, especially in my state (CA).  

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

26 minutes ago, lovelearnandlive said:

Italy recorded almost 800 deaths in the last 24 hours. 

US cases are increasing rapidly, mainly because of what looks like a massive amount of testing being done in NY. We have passed Germany and are about to pass Spain in total cases. However, our death rate based on reported cases looks like it’s close to 1 percent, and Italy’s looks like it’s around 9 percent.  I still think we are underreporting cases massively, especially in my state (CA).  

Part of what you may be seeing is lag time. My ds was tested last Monday afternoon and still doesn’t have any results. So New York’s reported numbers are five days behind actual cases. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quill said:

The BBC correspondent I follow on Twitter said some people are claiming on social media in China that people are being treated but not tested so they don’t add to the statistics.  He generally believes the trend is down but maybe not zero.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

The BBC correspondent I follow on Twitter said some people are claiming on social media in China that people are being treated but not tested so they don’t add to the statistics.  He generally believes the trend is down but maybe not zero.

2 hours ago, Quill said:

China is also used to doing selective reporting (as is many other countries).

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-imported-coronavirus-cases-rise-as-students-expats-flock-home-2020-3

“China reported a record rise in imported coronavirus cases on Friday as students and expatriates returned home from the United States and Europe, sparking fears of a second wave of infections just as the country recovers from the initial outbreak.

All 41 of the new confirmed cases in China were imported from overseas, the country's National Health Commission said on Saturday, bringing the total number of such cases to 269. There were no locally transmitted cases for the third consecutive day.

Beijing and Shanghai were the main entry points for the returnees, many of whom are students studying abroad. They have come back after many campuses in the United States and Europe shut down to stem rapidly rising infection rates there.

Also returning in a flight to safety were China-based expats, as businesses begin to reopen.

While there is no reported transmission of the virus from people arriving from abroad to local communities, authorities across China are tightening public health measures.

"Since March 11, when the World Health Organization characterized the epidemic as a pandemic, the cumulative number of imported cases (in China) has risen from 85 to 269, up by 216% and outpacing the 98% increase in the cumulative worldwide confirmed cases during the same period," Mi Feng, spokesman of the National Health Commission, said at a regular press briefing.

China must strictly prevent the import of the virus from overseas and a rebound in cases, Mi said.

Of the 14 new imported cases in Beijing on Friday, five were Chinese students returning from abroad. Among Shanghai's record nine cases, five were students flying back from Britain, France, and Switzerland.

The southern provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, and the eastern provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang, as well as Shaanxi and Sichuan, all reported cases.

Guangdong's health commission said on Saturday travelers who enter Guangdong province from abroad will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival either in personal residences or at a centralized quarantine center at the expense of the traveler.

Infected people have also entered China through the major transport hub of Shenzhen, including people making their way back to the mainland from Hong Kong by land.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arcadia said:

China is also used to doing selective reporting (as is many other countries).

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-imported-coronavirus-cases-rise-as-students-expats-flock-home-2020-3

“China reported a record rise in imported coronavirus cases on Friday as students and expatriates returned home from the United States and Europe, sparking fears of a second wave of infections just as the country recovers from the initial outbreak.

All 41 of the new confirmed cases in China were imported from overseas, the country's National Health Commission said on Saturday, bringing the total number of such cases to 269. There were no locally transmitted cases for the third consecutive day.

Beijing and Shanghai were the main entry points for the returnees, many of whom are students studying abroad. They have come back after many campuses in the United States and Europe shut down to stem rapidly rising infection rates there.

Also returning in a flight to safety were China-based expats, as businesses begin to reopen.

While there is no reported transmission of the virus from people arriving from abroad to local communities, authorities across China are tightening public health measures.

"Since March 11, when the World Health Organization characterized the epidemic as a pandemic, the cumulative number of imported cases (in China) has risen from 85 to 269, up by 216% and outpacing the 98% increase in the cumulative worldwide confirmed cases during the same period," Mi Feng, spokesman of the National Health Commission, said at a regular press briefing.

China must strictly prevent the import of the virus from overseas and a rebound in cases, Mi said.

Of the 14 new imported cases in Beijing on Friday, five were Chinese students returning from abroad. Among Shanghai's record nine cases, five were students flying back from Britain, France, and Switzerland.

The southern provinces of Guangdong, Fujian, and the eastern provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang, as well as Shaanxi and Sichuan, all reported cases.

Guangdong's health commission said on Saturday travelers who enter Guangdong province from abroad will be subject to a 14-day quarantine on arrival either in personal residences or at a centralized quarantine center at the expense of the traveler.

Infected people have also entered China through the major transport hub of Shenzhen, including people making their way back to the mainland from Hong Kong by land.”

yeah that makes sense.  of course criteria in my Aus include contact with known case or overseas travel so we may be only detecting those cases versus only having those cases.  Oh and aged care workers can be tested regardless.

There’s a cruise ship in a bad situation where no one  wants to dock them and it looks like they are going to be let off in Italy.

https://totalnews.uk/elderly-british-couple-stuck-on-cruise-ship-terrified-of-flying-home-from-italy/

not sure about this news site but was the easiest one to link. 

edited again Because the second link won’t work properly 

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@mathnerd

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/news/Pages/press-statement-032120-reporting-of-non-essential-businesses.aspx

“As of 5 p.m. on March 20, 2020, Santa Clara County has a total of 263 positive COVID-19 cases, an increase of 67 from the previous day. This increased case count is not unexpected given community transmission, an increase in provider reporting, and growing testing capacity through the commercial market.” 

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx

“Total Confirmed Cases
Hospitalized
Deaths
International Travel Associated
Close Contacts of Known Cases
Presumed Community Transmission
77”
  • Like 1

Washington State

https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus

“Updated on March 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.

County Positive/Confirmed Cases Deaths
Benton 7 2
Chelan 3 0
Clallam 2 0
Clark 9 3
Columbia 1 0
Cowlitz 2 0
Franklin 2 0
Grant 11 1
Grays Harbor 1 0
Island 19 1
Jefferson 4 0
King 934 74
Kitsap 15 0
Kittitas 4 0
Klickitat 4 0
Lewis 2 0
Lincoln 1 0
Mason 1 0
Pierce 95 1
San Juan 1 0
Skagit 28 0
Snohomish 447 10
Spokane 16 0
Stevens 1 0
Thurston 9 0
Whatcom 14 2
Yakima 13 0
Unassigned 147  
Total 1793 94

Number of Individuals Tested

Result Number of Individuals Tested Percent of Tests

Negative 25,328      93%

Positive 1,793            7%

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by Age

Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths

<19 2% 0%

20-29 8% 0%

30-39 14% 0%

40-49 13% 2%

50-59 17% 5%

60-69 16% 10%

70-79 15%        23%

80+ 14% 60%”

Edited by Arcadia
Weird formatting
  • Like 1

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-029.aspx

“COVID-19 in California by the Numbers

Note: The following numbers reflect information received from local health jurisdictions as of 2 p.m. PDT March 20. More current numbers may be available from local health jurisdictions.

1,224 – Positive cases

23 – Deaths (including one non-California resident)

Ages of all confirmed positive cases:

• Age 0-17: 19 cases
  • Age 18-64: 876 cases
  • Age 65+: 321 cases
  • Unknown: 8 cases

Cases not related to repatriation flights: 1,200

• 96 – Travel-related
  • 122 – Person to person
  • 325 – Community transmission
  • 657 – Under investigation

24 – Positive cases related to federal repatriation flights

Testing in California

As of 2 p.m. PDT March 20, approximately 25,200 tests had been conducted in California. This includes the latest numbers California has received from commercial and private labs. At least 12,528 results have been received and another 12,700+ are pending. Twenty-two state and county health labs are currently testing.”

21 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Sigh.  the change in China’s numbers appear to be because they have eased off of testing.  No testing = no positives.

This can also skew things when they’re not tabulating the same way.  It’s what makes the US look like it had terrible infant mortality compared to, say, Germany or even Brazil.

Totally understand if you don’t have time but is there a source for that?  I thought China was including those with preexisting conditions.  

• Thanks 1

9 news:  @Melissa in Australia just in case you know anyone in need 

Food packages will be distributed to Victorians who don't have friends and family who can readily help them get supplies while they are in mandatory self-isolation due to coronavirus.

The Victorian government will start distributing two weeks worth of food to eligible households with little or nothing in their pantries from Monday.

"We need to look out for each other over the next few months - but for people who have no one nearby to support them, we'll make sure they get what they need," Disability, Ageing and Carers Ministers Luke Donnellan said on Sunday.

People can register their need for the emergency relief packages by calling Victoria's coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 from Monday.

The packages will contain items such as long-life milk, pasta, cereal, canned vegetables and sugar.

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 2