Menu

Accountability Thread 1/19-1/25

Morning! Only two weeks of January left and then the Februaries hit. Already got my week off planned.

Today's Tasks:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, grocery list, put up food

School: schedule

Cooking: making something up from leftovers pork shoulder, potatoes, eggs, and then making brownies for dessert

Writing: Chapters 10-12 to read and edit today, and then will do proofreading on Chapter 1-12, character work for another novel, personal reading, start a synopsis on the personal reading for a project, maybe some emotions course stuff, but I think I have enough to do as it is.

Art: continue my exercise project on translucency, and sketch the next illustration project

• Like 2

Morning! 

The day started off with a bit of a whammy, so am recovering and moving forward.  For today:

Finish yesterday's list.

School: math, languages, some reading, Christian Studies, exercise all around, piano.

Dinner: roast veggies & meat, make sure we have stuff to use leftovers in a salad tomorrow

Make a space for grace. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Morning! Busy day today, although the boys and DH have off.

Today's stuff:

House-laundry, dishes, cat boxes, bedrooms and bathrooms

Cooking-use up the last of some leftovers pork with rice, a vegetable, and make a blueberry tart, I think

Writing-continue editing, finish proofing the last six chapters I finished, continue reading and finish the darned book I need to write the synopsis for (it's true what they say--assigned reading is the worst), print out the synopsis for my current MS, and think about any changes to make, let them perk, maybe do a few query critiques for a few people, emotions exercise, blog post

Art: continue project, sketches

And that's it. Probably too much, really, but needs to be done.

• Like 1

Today is minimal school and prepping for younger DS' role playing game.  We're going to have to cut a couple of days off our next term break to make up for this RPG prep, but isn't that the beauty of homeschool.  😉 

School: piano, languages, math, reading, exercise. 

RPG prep: sketch map of town, map of route to town, get non-player character cards ready to distribute, go over homebrew encounters enroute to town, troubleshoot town adventures, sketch plan to end us at a nice "chapter ending". 

Home: housework, yardwork (doubles as Mental Health Outside Time for me), day's dishes done before dinner, sheets washed & back on beds, prep dinner (leftover roast veggies, chix + sausage, some greens) and try to leave kitchen neat-ish for DH.  Shower for elder DS before we go to game night. 

• Like 2

Morning! On today's list:

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

Cooking: baked potatoes, fix your own

School: boys have already started. We are out of Latin this week, and I'm waiting on the next books. So kind of a light week.

Writing: Editing Cp 16-18, proofreading Cp 13-15, character work, print for writer's meeting tonight, emotions exercise, finish the synopsis for the book I just finished reading (NOT something I will be rereading unless there's a craft point I want to study) and then start a new book to read!

Art: continue projects

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

'morning!  Today hit like a kick in the bum.  But here we are!

Starting: I think we'll do a few 5" cycles.  5" e-mail for me; about 5" room-cleaning for boys; 5" straightening the upstairs, then a round of piano before a little 10" electronics break for boys.  Elder has earned them 10" electronics time each morning this week (usually a total no-no) by doing some very distasteful (to him) technique work in his daily piano practice.  😉 

Then: 1/2-pace day + Christian Studies.  Exercise all around (elder, younger, me).  30" planning. 15" yardwork or garden troubleshooting, water the indoor plants.   Dinner is the chicken and sausages I thought we'd have Sunday -- I had to freeze the sausage so it wouldn't turn, need to thaw it -- and leftover roast veggies.  Hope there's plenty of chicken & sausage leftover tonight to do something meaningful later this week.  And ideally: general housecleaning, I read one or two articles.  That would be an amazing day.  Here goes! 

@Critterfixer: My sincerely felt congrats on wrapping up a round of Latin.  Finishing up a Henle is such an accomplishment; it is inspiring, and encourages me to hang in there with our language work. 

• Like 2

Morning. It's sleeting heavily, but supposed to turn into rain later, then freezing stuff again in time for nightfall. Typical weather for this time of year.

Today's tasks:

House: chores, kitchen

Cooking: pizza

Writing: Chapter 18-21 in editing, but I got behind on proofing last night, so I have 13-18 to catch up today. I need to do some character work for another novel, too. Personal reading. I think that's all I can handle for now. 

Art: work on projects

• Like 2

Morning!  Starting today with what didn't get done yesterday: 30" planning, a few minutes more garden work, and Bible/do a good memory work round. 

ETA: then: 1/2-pace school; AM runs; lunch + reading; PM runs, exercise for boys, exercise for me; housecleaning with boys; housecleaning for me; dinner with DH!

• Like 3

Okay, my planning began with planning the planning.  Here are my notes, to keep me on the straight & narrow.  Will take me a long time to get it done, my goal is to cycle through things so that I hit each area at least a bit.  Starting with half an hour of school planning today. 

1. School (undone work from a week or two ago, I just pasted it from the older Accountability thread & edited)
    1. Edit lesson plans, esp. for elder DS history & science, to reflect what we are doing.  This includes organizing booklists somehow so that the most-important reading in each subject gets done & we can find it to rotate in during "reading" times. 
    2. Get all the plans into a notebook/notebooks I can use. 
    3. Memory Work Binder: set it up; walk through this step-by-step guide to memory work (if anyone else tries this, you'll want Day5 which is hard to find)
    4. Order supplies.
    5. Set up younger DS' binders/notebooks.
    6. Get my hands on our copy of "In Living Memory" so I can use it for our memory work in an ongoing manner. 
  2. Not-school
    1. Garden: timing for this year's child's garden (last year's was a bunch of baby carrots in a pot, they are still growing there!!!!) and a rough plan that is open to triage; find home for the fig (negotiate with DH to keep it in a pot another year or two, see if I can get plant-nursery folks' support for this subversive plan 😉 ); work on hedge plan, develop list of hedge plants, sense of hedge plan to run by nursery folks; list of actions to get clover seeded outside our bedroom window; spend 15-30" troubleshooting backyard hill, going over some photos I took for thoughts; look into planting baby redwoods along a creek. 
    2. Holiday leftovers: notes for next year, what worked & what didn't, try to make next year's holidays open-and-go.  My MIL is slowly fading and this is a good time to make our family rhythms a bit automatic & sturdy.  
    3. Yearly planning for me.
  • Like 3

Mo1, so sorry to hear she's ill.  I hope that it is relatively minor and passes quickly. 

This morning sees us starting with what we didn't do yesterday, namely exercise + some housecleaning.  Then school, half-pace, starting with unfinished subjects from yesterday.  Yesterday elder DS finished a level of math!  So he gets a full week off of math.  He is ahead in the sequence, so we're going to use the next terms to troubleshoot moving to a program that will challenge him more.  If it doesn't work we'll probably know by next fall and that would be a great time to just do the next level of what we've been using. 

And younger DS can do [some] long division without tears 🙂 .

Other stuff for today: spend some time on both the school and the non-school planning above; clean out the 'fridge at least a bit and get a sense of what we're eating next week, hunt down leftovers for tomorrow's dinner; dinner tonight (something eggy, tomato soup, salad); an afternoon round of exercise. 

• Like 3

She woke up this morning feeling better and is eating better too. Symptoms she had yesterday are gone. She is tired though and gets to veg on the rocker and watch cartoons.

Did school today. Bible time, she read to me, math, penmanship, calendar and telling time. No extras today.

• Like 3

I caught up on editing and proofreading! Of course, I also got up at four this morning.

Boys did school, and I mostly just did chores and wrote today. The boys are working on a number of birdhouse gourd projects, so my kitchen is a wreck. Making supper in it anyway. They ran me out so they could make potatoes and rice to go with the pork chops. I didn't argue.

Other than that, it's cold, rainy, and that's about it. Geometry and Latin arrived today.

• Like 2

Morning! Last day of school for us this week, and cue complaining about the 42 math problems. I reminded them they didn't have Latin this week, so 42 math problems isn't onerous. Grumble, rumble, but they are working. I have good kids, and on mornings like this one, I'm really grateful I got lucky in that department.

For me: 

House: laundry, dishes, cat boxes

School: look at the new stuff, espeically the new Henle (and I'm doing Henle One because I didn't get to finish all of Fourth Form because my writing job took off, and I miss Latin) and figure out how to schedule it.

Cooking: breakfast for dinner. There will be pancakes.

Writing: Edit chapters 25-27, proof the same, character work, personal reading, watch emotions module 3 for homework next week. Also draft a blog post, because it's Friday.

Art: finish this one project that I just need to finish and evaluate, and then pick the next exercise

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Morning! 

Yesterday saw the setting-in of some challenges with elder (a feeling-oriented teen).  Oh my.  So am orienting energy toward that.  It was exhausting, didn't get all my work done.  However, I got enough done that the house feels a bit neater than the day before and, thanks to the awesome Accountables, I actually got the dinner I'd planned on the table.  I kept picturing my post that included a soup & a salad and it was very motivating 🙂 .  

From yesterday, to tackle this morning: go through 'fridge, figure out dinner, draft meal plan.  I can round out the grocery list at piano lesson if I need to.  And do at least 15" school planning work.

Today: half-pace school; AM & PM exercise with boys; exercise for me; housework; yardwork; chunk through planning work.  Focus on rewarding & encouraging a polite demeanor in elder, and on joy, gratitude & grace. 

• Like 2