Menu

MFW for high school

We did.  My oldest dd used those about 6-7 years ago, and middle dd used them about 3-4 years ago. (youngest has too many academic struggles and mfw is too advanced for her ability.) The BJU text and activity book was fine for history. Textbook, what can you say? I remember not being a super fan of the Stobaugh book in Us to 1877, but endured it and went on it life. I remember my oldest saying things like at least she realized she wouldn’t agree with everything she’d read from a professor. Oldest in grade 12 did not click with the Bible stuff in MFW. I didn’t require that part as a class and senioritis had set it. We liked the economics in grade 12 for discussion and thinking and all of that. There’s probably some post out there from when all of that was fresh in my mind. All I know is that many years after the fact, both of them did fine in college and that’s more of what I remember than details about the years. Oldest would tell me her college freshman year that trudging through all of that mfw stuff helped for college. Middle took a different route for college and did a lot of “credit by exam” (clep). Not sure what you want to know about the stuff. Hope someone who has newer memories shares.  I should double check to make sure things haven't changed much from back then.