Menu

Recent movies

Chris in VA

What have you seen in the last year or so? Little Women? Terrence Malick's new one? What else? 

Like/dislike and why? Recommend? 

(There is one movie theater (complex) that shows movies in English nearby, but we haven't been. I adore movies and need to either find someone else to go with or convince dh to take me. We do get a number of movies on TV, just all the kissing is edited out!)

Just missing the States a bit! And with Oscars coming up, I am out of the loop for sure. 

We tried Light of My Life, abandoned after about 20 minutes (we lasted that long because the premise seemed so interesting).  The girl was such a brat!  and the execution just made no sense, if you're in the wilderness trying to protect your daughter, who is the last female alive (presumably), why have her carry around a girly looking paperback?!  and when you tell her to stand behind a tree because a dangerous man has discovered your campsite, and she comes out anyway and talks to him, why be so sanguine about it afterward?  That's a do or die situation, and surely you've developed better discipline than that in the (months) you've been in the woods!  And also when you're walking around, why ask schooly questions (I don't remember them specifically but it was things like how do you spell grasshopper) instead of useful things like is this mushroom over here edible, or, maybe, just maybe, WHAT DO YOU DO IF A STRANGE PERSON COMES TO THE CAMPSITE AND I TELL YOU TO HIDE BEHIND THE TREE YOU RIDICULOUS CHILD?!

anyway, such a good premise!  such a fail movie.

• Haha 2

We saw Knives Out over Christmas.  I don't see many movies partially because I'm a G-rated kind of girl.  I had read the reviews of Knives Out and was a little leery, but the offensive bits were few and far between and quick.  All 3 of us enjoyed it.  I thought it was amusing/entertaining and clever.  A murder mystery but also a spoof of murder mysteries.

• Like 3

I watched Knives Out and enjoyed it. It’s basically just like the books I read, except my books are British. I liked it because it was just an easy movie to watch, mystery without gore and awful language, funny in parts, didn’t  linger in my head making me think...just the kind I like. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw Knives Out. Not a good movie to see with talkers... “Who’s that? I think X did it! Oh wait, what happened there?” Otherwise, an easy watch.

Joker was amazing to my film-schooly self.

Really enjoyed Midway, and apparently it’s quite accurate.

Star Wars had to be seen.

Missed Ford/Ferrari in the big theatres.

Jumanji was good fun! The actors did such a good job of acting like each other, if that makes sense.

• Like 2