Menu

What's with the ads?

klmama

semester grades on transcripts

One of the colleges dc is considering asks for homeschoolers to list courses by the semester taken.  Not year, but semester.  How on earth would there be room for grades for both semesters for all four years???  I may need to change my transcript layout if dc applies to this school.  Any suggestions welcome!

Edited by klmama

Put both semester grades on the same line (so a column labeled S1 and a column labeled S2).  If a 0.5 credit course is taken over two semesters, just list it as having been done during the semester it was completed.

• Like 2

They need the grades by semester or just the semester that 0.5 credit courses were done? If pushed, I'd add a tiny column and put S(pring) or F(all) in the box for 0.5 credit courses.

• Like 1

I think what EKS said is all they mean. They just need there to be semester grades listed, probably because their algorithm for re-calculating your GPA is based on semester grades.

• Like 1

The format I'm currently using is the one many here have posted.  Student info is across the top.  Below that there are three main sections.  Courses are listed in a column on the left, organized by subject area; years are listed across the middle, each with two narrow columns for grade and credit; and on the right there is a column with sections for grading scale, test scores, and notes.  Underneath the course grades and credits across the bottom are the cumulative GPAs for each year.  I already have made the course title and grading scale columns as narrow as I can to allow for GPA to have 2 decimals.  I won't have room to add more columns if I maintain this format.  How far out do you take the GPA?  If you've shown grades by semester, what format did you use?