Menu

What's with the ads?

Arctic Mama

Renamed - Grant’s thread, updated post 527

We continue to pray for your precious guy and your whole family.  Sorry to hear about the bad news.

Praying for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine your pain as you watch your baby struggle, and can't hold him. But he's so very used to your voice, and it doesn't matter what the words are. And God knows your heart, and he loves Grant as much as you do, and he loves you that much too. He feels your pain. 

• Like 6

Praying for sweet little Grant, and for you. He knows you are there with him, and I’m sure is drawing strength and comfort from hearing your voice. 

I’m still praying too for you, sweet little Grant, and the rest of your family. 

Thank you ladies.  Peter updated the blog with a little more info on PIE and I’m back in my room eating and hoping the new therapies they’re trying with him will have Grant turn a better corner when I head back there in an hour or two.

• Like 17

😢

Praying for you and little Grant, AM! Please tell him about all the WTM Aunties thinking of him and praying for him.  ❤️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Thank you ladies.  Peter updated the blog with a little more info on PIE and I’m back in my room eating and hoping the new therapies they’re trying with him will have Grant turn a better corner when I head back there in an hour or two.

I am thinking about you guys all day.  

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

How is your own recovery going?

36 minutes ago, maize said:

How is your own recovery going?

Okay, I’m walking around a bit and not bleeding too badly.  One edge of my suture line is very pulling and stabby, but that seems to always happen to me.  Blood pressures have been only just slightly elevated so they haven’t given me blood pressure meds since the c section.  

• Like 14

I've been praying on and off for all of you, but especially Grant. My 12 yo son, saw the blog pics and asked some questions. He's praying too. 

• Like 3

I just saw the update from Monday! I am so sorry to be late in wishing you and your baby all the best. Praying for you and the family.

ETA. Just read the blog update. I am so sorry to hear about the PIE. Praying.

ETA2: the name is dear to me! Did you know that it means "great one"?  

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

Since my HSing has been over for some time, I pop in to catch up on people from time to time, but don't post.  I know I am not alone in this.

I wanted you to know you and Grant are, and have been, in my prayers.  So for every prayer posted here, please know there are many of us  holding you and your baby up across the country.  You are an amazingly strong mama.  Many gentle hugs for you and yours.

• Like 8

Lighting a candle for Grant tonight and wishing healing and strength your way. 

Thank you every one of you, I feel your love and prayers so much, and it really does help.  The sheer terror of this whole ideal hitting as it did has just been overwhelming, but having support makes a huge difference.

Prayer request for tonight is that we need more Pee, and his blood pressure time stay good.  It’s still wanting to drop a little too low.

• Like 24

Thank you every one of you, I feel your love and prayers so much, and it really does help.  The sheer terror of this whole ideal hitting as it did has just been overwhelming, but having support makes a huge difference.

Prayer request for tonight is that we need more Pee, and his blood pressure time stay good.  It’s still wanting to drop a little too low.

In a statement I never thought I would say, but is completely appropriate....

I will send ALL the pee pee wet diaper vibes your way tonight.  

And all the BP vibes for UP to baby Grant, and DOWN for mama T.  

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

In a statement I never thought I would say, but is completely appropriate....

I will send ALL the pee pee wet diaper vibes your way tonight.  

And all the BP vibes for UP to baby Grant, and DOWN for mama T.  

+1

• Like 1

Thinking of you and Grant and hoping you got some rest last night. 

I did get some sleep, which was nice.  Pumping around the clock is exhausting though, since I can’t cheat and refrigerate pump parts right now because of his immune system and therefore have to spend a half hour every three hours pumping, packaging, cleaning, and sterilizing all the equipment.  I have one longer stretch but it doesn’t go very far.

Heading back over in an hour or two, hoping for good news or more of the same, at least.

• Like 28

I did get some sleep, which was nice.  Pumping around the clock is exhausting though, since I can’t cheat and refrigerate pump parts right now because of his immune system and therefore have to spend a half hour every three hours pumping, packaging, cleaning, and sterilizing all the equipment.  I have one longer stretch but it doesn’t go very far.

Heading back over in an hour or two, hoping for good news or more of the same, at least.

Stayed up super late in case of updates.

I'm glad you got some sleep. 

Sending all my hopes for good news, or stable news.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Praying for you, so much. My littlest wasn't quite that little, though a dear friend had a micropreemie right around the same time, who was as early/tiny as your precious Grant. Good outcomes are possible, and I am praying hard for one for you. 

The pumping.....I do remember that, too well. One thing that helped me (didn't grant me any rest, of course, but helped my mental state) was snuggling a baby blanket and singing lullabies/humming to the pump at night, maybe looking at pictures of baby. Mentally shifting to "nighttime feeding" mode vs "I hate this stupid pump and just want to sleep!" mode. It really did help. And the nurses told me over and over and over, they could always tell which moms were really getting up and pumping every 3 hrs, and which were skipping and sleeping through, because of supply/how much they brought in, so that kept me motivated, too. 

Hang in there; I can't imagine doing it with such an uncertain outcome, but know the whole Hive, and beyond, is praying for you guys. (((gentle hugs))))

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Good that you got some sleep.  Will be hoping for good news!  

I am glad you got some sleep.   You are awesome for doing all the work for pumping.   Sending some prayers to Grant this morning. 

I woke up during the night for some reason or other, and then prayed for you guys. 

Also, is it possible to get a second set of pump parts so you can wash every second time? Maybe make those night time pumping sessions a bit easier/quicker?

• Like 7

Oh my goodness, I missed the update! Huge hugs to you. I hope little Grant can keep fighting until he's strong enough to amaze the doctors. I know you want to hold him and can't imagine how difficult that must be. Please take care of yourself so you can be strong for your little one.

• Like 2

Pumping is hard. Those hospital grade pumps are the bomb though--I assume that is what you have? I agree about seeing if you can get a second set of parts so that maybe you can let one set soak while you use the other and save a little time in between pumping.  

If they can have a picture for you to look at of your baby or even your kids while you pump, that might help. As would a baby blanket or anything like that.  

You are doing such a great thing to give him this breastmilk. It really is liquid gold.  

How is your appetite? You need a lot of calories to produce all that milk.  😃

Prayers for you as you endure this new schedule and try to work in sleep. I am sure you are full of emotion about all that this early delivery means.  Please know we are all rooting and praying for you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

I had at least three sets of pump parts when I was doing overnight NICU pumping.  The hospital grade Medela pump I rented used the same parts as my old Medela pump for work, so I was able to reuse the old parts I had from my older kid. At least one of those old sets I had purchased for myself at Target.  If the hospital won’t just hand you the parts you need, send Dh shopping!  Extra pump parts are expensive bits of plastic, but such an affordable way to extend your sanity!

• Like 8