Menu

Anyone else get lost this week.

lynn

The week between Christmas and New Year's?  I'm trying to stay on top of what day it is and finishing left overs and using up whatever food I can find in my pantry just to not go to the grocery store AGAIN this year.  Enjoying sleeping in and not having a schedule to stick to or appointments to keep.  I need to get Christmas decor put away but I like all the lights on when it's cloudy and dreary outside so that will have to wait.    I can't get bring myself to clean up Navy kids room yet.  Thankfully were not expecting any company.  What is your week like?

I've been incredibly drained, a combination of Christmas recovery and pregnancy. So drained that I've been sleeping in until 11 and still napping in the late afternoon. It's bad.

I have no intention of cleaning up Christmas stuff untill dh goes back to work. Until then we are vegging out, playing new boardgames, doing a few outdoor activities, and just relaxing.

Dh starts a new job on the 6th so until then we are in vacation mode, despite the fact that he'll be working part-time this week.

I've been looking forward to this week all month. All the doing is done, our calendars are empty....it feels wonderful. We usually travel during this week, eliminating the relaxation factor, but we decided to stay home this year. I've been working on my crafting projects and we've been getting some house projects done. I'm grabbing lunch with a friend this week. 

I wish.  Too much to do. Fortunately, nothing I can do tonight so relaxation tonight.  My brother left yesterday and the guest bedroom is back in order-since I did the laundry yesterday.  Tomorrow, I look forward to throwing away whatever trash didn't fit in trashcan for pickup tomorrow morning.   

Edited by TravelingChris

11 hours ago, EmseB said:

I have been sitting in my recliner nursing my 2mo, letting him sleep on me, reading my phone, and...not much else. It's been kind of glorious. 

I've been doing a lot of this, except with my cat. 😊

I did a little shopping with DD, who needs a professional wardrobe for an interneship. DS left yesterday afternoon so I spent the morning back in the kitchen, doing some baking I had ingredients but not time for so I could send with him. 

I'm kicking it into gear today. 

I'm lost-ish! We always stay home for Christmas Day, then travel to see family the day after. Just got back in yesterday. DH just left for work and now I'm working through the post trip and post Christmas aftermath AND getting things together for our (immediate) family NYE celebration. And NYD Mass and dinner.

I love traditions, but they take a lot of work!