Menu

A Christmas oops

Bensmom2

In case anyone was wondering, Shenzhen is in China.

I just remembered a gift I ordered for dh hasn’t arrived and went to look through my email to find shipping info. Yep, I ordered something from China and somehow failed to notice that it wasn’t shipping from the U.S.  The shipping info didn’t actually say “China”. It just listed the package location as Shenzhen and being the highly insightful individual that I am, I figured Shenzhen wasn’t in Texas anywhere and set off to Google it. Luckily this was not my main gift for dh and I will just show him a picture of his gift so he will at least know that this fabulous gift is making its way halfway around the world just for him. What is this wonderful gift?  Well just in case you too want to order something from Shenzhen:

(Dh hates it when clean lean laundry comes out of the dryer with pet hair on it and since we have 4 furry family members and I wash their blankets often, fur catchers for the washing machine seemed like a totally appropriate gift lol)

CA27E9C7-4C76-405B-813E-9E37A5F72066.png

• Like 2

I have those.  They work somewhat for large hair and hay but not the small pieces.  You need the furzapper.  This goes in the wash and attracts all the little hairs well.  Works fantastic for guinea pig and rabbit hair.   All our guinea pigs are on fleece so it gets a workout in the wash. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

I have those.  They work somewhat for large hair and hay but not the small pieces.  You need the furzapper.  This goes in the wash and attracts all the little hairs well.  Works fantastic for guinea pig and rabbit hair.   All our guinea pigs are on fleece so it gets a workout in the wash. 

OT but thanks so much for the recommendation! One of my biggest pet peeves is animal hair on clothing when I'm wearing it or one of the kids or dh. I also wash the dog blankets often to keep the smell under control (one of the dogs is a bassett that was found near our home and never claimed) but ds LOVES to lay with the dogs or get them up in his chair. The dog hair is getting harder and harder to wash out! Going to try this out!

• Like 1

We have three dogs. One fluffy dog with long blond hairs and two with black/white stiff hairs. I have resolved my self to having lint rollers all over the house. About twice a week, I sit down in my laundry room with my laptop and watch something that makes me happy as I "de-hair' everything before it is washed. We wear a lot of black in the winter which shows all the blond and white hairs. The worst offenders are black socks.

I only decided to get rid of hair this way after last winter when it I figured it would take less time compared to the time it took to get hairs out of clothes after they were washed. It seemed the hairs became more woven into fabric after washing. I would love to find something that really works, but for now, I think I'm stuck with my "de-hairing" sessions.

It goes quickly when I don't think about it, and I remind myself what it was like to wash clothes before there were electric washers and dryers. I am often heard saying, "Who would have three dogs? That is crazy. So much dog hair! mutter, mutter." Then I think of the joy my dogs bring to our family. 🐕❤️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

To confirm, this? 

Does it work on lots of hair of various lengths, as when dealing with dog bedding? 

That is it.  Now I do replace mine a little sooner than most but we have a lot of hair. It does work on our dog beds.  My dogs are short to medium hair lengths and it goes work.  I do find a stray hair or two of the long ones.  My friend who recommended it got it for her golden’s hair. 

Wow, I'm glad to hear about this product.  

2 hours ago, Sallie Mae said:

It seemed the hairs became more woven into fabric after washing. 

Aaaaahhhh, I've noticed this happening with our clothes, too!  I had one cat in particular who's fur would get woven into socks. I have no idea how this happens! 

I'm going to add these products to my Amazon list.  I love my pets, but the fur and hair makes me crazy. 

• Like 1

I ordered off a website that was ostensibly British (.co.uk address and British contact info, etc.).  I didn't know the site was Chinese until after I'd clicked buy.  I knew something was a bit off because the confirmation email contained a few bizarre turns-of-phrase that sounded like a non-native speaker.  Checked my shipping, and yes, shipping form China.  

On the good side, the items DID make it in time!!!  And they look beautiful and solid and actually nicer than I was expecting in terms of packaging, heftiness (these are kits for art/model construction, so there could have been a wide range of quality), so I'm totally satisfied.  

Ugh. I did that recently.  I needed a new phone battery right away.  I deliberately used a local website,  hoping it was an actual warehouse and it would arrive in the usual 3-4 days. Nope! Eight weeks,  from China! I wound up buying a new phone in the meantime,  because I couldn't even tell if they'd shipped! I like my new phone anyway,  but yeah, it felt deceptive.