Menu

s/o what gifts you are receiving

klmama

If you know what you are getting for Christmas, how does that work?  Do you and your dh discuss it and then he buys it?  Or do you buy your own gift for him to wrap?  Do your dc know that you already know what your gift is, or do you pretend to be surprised when you open it?  Just curious....  

I buy a lot of my own gifts (usually on Black Friday sales) and then dh gives them to me.  It works for both of us.  I get what I want at a really great price and dh doesn't have to shop.

Sometimes some of the kids know about the gifts and sometimes they don't.

I also have a list on amazon, but I don't know what dh has picked off of that.  (Some packages arrived that he wouldn't let me open, so I know he got me something.)

• Like 1

Our gift-giving has changed a lot.  We used to completely surprise each other, and that usually turned out pretty well!  But our lives have become more complicated in recent years, so then we kind of evolved to specifically asking each other what they needed.  I'd send my dh exact links to various items I could use, and he'd pick one.  🙂  My dh has actually never been a gift-type of person.  He'd really prefer not to get anything.  This year, he wanted me to donate money that I otherwise would have used for a present for him, to the homeless in our area.  So, that's my gift to him this year.  (But, I'm also surprising him with a book that I know he'd like.)  I'm picking out my own gift this year from both of us to me, because I needed a new purse.  😄

We've been married for a long time and gift-giving doesn't hold the same importance that it used to, but we do love to celebrate Christmas!

• Like 1

I usually just buy myself something and wrap it.  I don't even think DH knows what he gets me sometimes until I unwrap my gift on Christmas Day - it's really just for show for the kids.  I don't want/need anything since I already buy myself too much stuff.  I do try to surprise him and sometimes he'll surprise me but I don't expect or want anything.