Menu

Poor twin 1

Melissa in Australia

43 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

We are in emergency waiting for results. Poor twin 1 dropped a trailer tail gate on the same foot he had surgery on 3 months ago. We went to the local hospital and were seen by a GP. Then had to drive 100km to the closest hospital with an xray. Suspected broken foot. 

ouch!

Also - there are hospitals without X-rays? 

• Like 1

Poor kid! Big virtual hugs if he wants one.

Do beaches in Australia have rental stands? I know some of the US ones we've been to have water/sand wheelchairs available to rent. He would need something to protect the cast/splint, so he doesn't get it soaked and sandy (maybe his Ortho would have an idea?) , but that might let him regain some of the beach, at least. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmmetler said:

Poor kid! Big virtual hugs if he wants one.

Do beaches in Australia have rental stands? I know some of the US ones we've been to have water/sand wheelchairs available to rent. He would need something to protect the cast/splint, so he doesn't get it soaked and sandy (maybe his Ortho would have an idea?) , but that might let him regain some of the beach, at least. 

great suggestion , but  We live in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing like that available in our location. 

7 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

great suggestion , but  We live in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing like that available in our location. 

I would be too horribly afraid of sand getting in the cast.  I had to do an emergency cast removal on one of my club footers due to an irritant.  NO FUN!  

• Like 1

They didn't put a cast on him, but rather feel the AFO is giving his foot enough support for this particular break. 

He is one of those very sweaty kids and gets terrable fungal infections on his feet. The AFO will be a bit cooler and will allow for washing. Especially as it is very warm here now. Today is going to be 39oC

• Like 2
  • Sad 2