Menu

Update on my mom

DawnM

20 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. I hope knowing that she went on her terms gives you some peace.

It does.  She is 88, almost 89, and she has been in bad health for most of my life, so we are shocked she lasted as long as she did.

And more update in OP.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 4

Dawn, I read your update. I hope all of the plans go as smoothly as one could expect and that all of the traveling is arranged without trouble. I'm so glad that your dad is planning to move to be near you when he is able to make it happen. That sounds like a very good plan.

I hope you are able to continue to find joy and peace this holiday season, even as you and your family grieve. I'm thankful that you know that she is celebrating with her savior in Heaven, as you celebrate the Nativity here on Earth.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I hope all the travel and service plans come together, it sounds like it’s pretty well thought out.  Passing peacefully at home was wonderful, though, and I’m glad she got that instead of a long and drawn out hospitalization or decline.  How is your dad holding up?

He is doing ok.  He called a few min ago and said he hasn't been able to secure a day/time to have a graveside service.  I forgot to ask him about an obituary.

Dear Dawn: I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Mother died peacefully, in her chair, while your Dad was gone for that short time. I hope that you will take good care of yourself (and your Dad when you are with him) and again, I am sorry for your loss and hope that your Mom did not suffer. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. 

I am up in St. Louis on my way to Iowa tonight.  We got a hotel and are decompressing.  Tomorrow my dad flies to Iowa and we will pick him up.  Two uncles (mom's brothers) and their wives are coming up.  

Internment Monday.  Then we will TRY to get home by Christmas around noon.  

This Christmas is just going to be different.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

How you react to things is a funny phenomenon.  They flew my mother's body from AZ to IA on Friday.  

My mother was always terrified of flying.  She did it anyway, but NEVER would fly alone.  Never.  

It really bothered me that she was sent alone.  I know that makes absolutely no sense.  She is gone, it is just a body, but it really bothered me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3