Menu

Whitmore online high school

I had never heard of that school. Is this the school you are interested in?  https://www.whitmoreschool.org/  Toward the bottom of that web page are Icons for what should be live links. One of them should be to AdvanceED but that is not a hot link.

Before you spend any time investigating this school, I suggest that you find out whether or not it is accredited by AdvanceED.

Good luck to your student!

My number one question with these basic, inexpensive high school credits mills is whether they have actual people behind the wheel instructing. Teachers who are reasonably qualified who can actually interact with and answer questions and, you know... teach. If they don't have that, it's likely not worth it. You're just paying for a grading service (usually by a computer) and some worksheets and videos.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Farrar said:

My number one question with these basic, inexpensive high school credits mills is whether they have actual people behind the wheel instructing. Teachers who are reasonably qualified who can actually interact with and answer questions and, you know... teach. If they don't have that, it's likely not worth it. You're just paying for a grading service (usually by a computer) and some worksheets and videos.

+1 for that.  There are some very large (2 or 3 of them) Online High Schools that are accredited and have been around for many years. I remember, recently, commenting on them in a thread on WTM.  The school whose web site I linked to above seems extremely questionable to me at this moment. If they are lying about having accreditation from AdvanceED that would be the kiss of death for me. The other schools I mentioned are extremely inexpensive, but they do exist and they are accredited and they have been in operation for many years.