Menu

What's with the ads?

Medicmom2.0

Deleted

On 12/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, ttt said:

I think you taking the high road is amazing and takes a lot of strength.  If he sees a continued future with someone in a polyamorous relationship, do you need to be gathering documentation on his thought process?  Like keep that letter and keep track of dates of conversations?  It's his mistakes/journey, but I wouldn't want my kids going to visitation with this messy, poorly communicated, stumbled into version of polyamory.  If standard divorces have an agreement that no one introduces new partners for 6 months, how would that be spelled out for polyamory or other versions of his confusion?  Take care.

Unfortunately, the courts wouldn't care, and there'd be no way to enforce it anyway. 

On 12/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, Medicmom2.0 said:

You are understanding this very well - and now I remember you are also a social worker, so it makes sense. It sounds like he is feeling the rush of dating, falling in love for the first time. I feel sorry for him in that he is likely going to wake up and realize what he did, wishes he could rewind the tape and it may be too late then.

I am glad you got the facts already from a legal standpoint and it looks good for you. The emotional side of this is a whole other issue. Been thinking of you. You have handled this exemplary and it appears you guys have been honest with each other which is rare in those kind of situations.

Sorry - I initially quoted totally forgetting that you probably don't want us to quote.

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 4