Menu

Accountability Thread 12/15/12/21

Morning. Who's ready for Christmas? Not me. Seems like it slipped in by November's back door, masked in tinsel, and then impaled me in the back with a candy cane.

Today's tasks: grocery list, school schedule, regular chores, take apart a bunk bed and put a new one together, run into town to pick up the last set of sheets I ordered, write 2,500 words in my first draft, Beta read four chapters, personal reading. Possibly cook something, but I think we need to eat leftovers today. I also need to plan the week for doing things like getting to a doctor's appointment I don't want to go to, cook a cheesecake I won't get to enjoy, and find some time in there to either rest or scream. I haven't decided which would be more healthy at the moment. 🤣

Added Get Christmas tree.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Morning. This is one of the three days I get to have at home this week. Accordingly, it's not going to be restful.

Today's tasks: dishes, cat boxes, laundry, cleaning bed/bathrooms, boys have school and their rooms. In cooking I have chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffed mushrooms, and cheesecake. In writing I have a lesson in the emotions modules, 2,000-2,500 words in drafting, a blog post, finish last 3 chapters of my Beta read, personal reading. In extra, I need to deal with some insurance stuff today and do some sketching.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

She has done phonics, she read to me, writing and Bible time.

She also did geography online states and capitals. (sheppardsoftware.com)

Dad will be doing math and the advent with her.

2nd day of snow. She has had some outside time (briefly).

Christmas shows and baking.

Inside things today

• Like 3

Morning! 

Today: math, piano, memory work + memory work in languages, and science; set up younger DS' notebooks + note any supplies I need to finish the notebook setup.  Clean house after entertaining on Sunday, runs + exercise for boys, exercise for me, draft final Christmas gift list, basic housecleaning, stories before bed, make some dinner 🙂 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Morning! Home today.

Tasks: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, kitchen cleaning, boys have school and housekeeping chores. In cooking I have to roast a pork loin, steam broccoli, and fried apples. In writing, I have 2500 words on my WIP, a new Beta read, personal reading, and an hour of laying down paint for a new watercolor. I also have a doctor's appointment this morning, and in a fit of insanity, I also signed up one of my cover designs for a contest that is supposed to be critiqued today.

Turned out I got the cooking for tomorrow mixed up with today, which means I had an easier meal today! I didn't get to paint, but masked off all the whites I needed to reserve, and should be ready to paint tomorrow.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Morning! Two more days of school and then the boys are on break!

Today's list: Chores: laundry, dishes, cat boxes, office. Boys have school, and need to pack for tomorrow. Cooking: pizza and brownies, roasting some chicken and mushrooms, too.  Writing: 2,500 words in my WIP, Beta reading, homework for my emotions course, personal reading. Art: painting 

My extra today is trying to get hold of the insurance people. Again. They aren't responding to calls or to emails. 

ETA: They still aren't. After waiting on hold I had to leave a message. I still have yet to talk to a human being.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Morning!  It has been busy busy busy.  But good, on the whole: the family is happy at bottom and that is splendid.  I myself have had a couple moments of just joy in the last day which is nice.  It makes the anxious bits more tolerable!  Here's my list, who knows how many days I'll chips away at it but the school is for today:

• Today's school: runs, other fitness, piano, math, quick language reviews, memory work, science all around, would love to hit some CM-style poetry. 
  • Today's school infrastructures: blackboard -- clean what needs cleaning, get this week's Bible verses up, add our history memory work, get language vocab/grammar forms up; notebooks -- spend about 15" per child working on setting up this cycle's notebooks and spend 15" working on memory notebook.  Straighten shelves a bit so I can find stuff. 
  • Housework: boys spend a few minutes cleaning rooms; showers/baths all around (counts as housework to me!); a blurb of general cleaning; a bit of outside work too; lunch & dinner;
  • Holiday prep: first focus on gratitude and joy; spend some time unpacking stuff; draft Christmas Day tea list and get e-mail reminders out; come up with something like a Critical Path Analysis for the Christmas holidays that includes the most-wonderful and most-worthwhile stuff.
  • starting tomorrow's list: penmanship all around!; 15" more on notebooks for each boy & for the memory work notebook;
  • Like 2

School called on account of the basement flooding. Not bad. Just an inch or so in spots. But it looks like the French drain failed and the sump pump isn’t keeping up 

I guess this is one way to make me clean the Schoolroom of Doom. I took a bunch of stuff (that had already been bagged weeks ago and wasn’t wet at all) to Goodwill. We have repeatedly wet vacuumed the spots where water is seeping in. Dh is working on drain stuff. 

• Sad 2

Jean, I'm so sorry that you are having drain trouble and doubly sorry that it is falling at the holidays! 

Today: cleaning, some wrapping, preparing for Christmas.  I'm the only Christian in the household so the celebrations all fall along secular lines, and we are ending up with quite a few people coming over Christmas Day for tea (which is a great blessing and also a chunk of work to be done).  My proximal goals are for these next several days to feel festive and unrushed while still having: our family Christmas Eve dinner with my MIL (this year: charcuterie board 🙂 ); a relaxed, joyful Christmas morning with enough protein to prevent blood-sugar swings; and an unhurried but lavish-feeling teatime. 

The secret seems to be working away behind the scenes with a smile and a sense of humor/proportion ... hoping that holds out .  I'm about to venture out to fetch -- if all goes well -- a gift for DH that I think will make him smile.  Crossing my fingers for a parking space. 

Happy Holidays to all y'all! 

• Like 2