Menu

Where can one get delectable Christmas chocolates / petit fours or similar?

Liz CA

This is the first year that I will be too busy to bake much for Christmas. I may squeeze out a tray of cookies but that will be it. Full time work and long commutes have a way of sucking up time.

Where can I order some nice Christmassy baked goods, chocolates, etc? 

Do you have Publix? Or another supermarket in an affulent area that does custom orders? I know we can get a tray of petits fours and other bite sized desserts through the more affluent supermarkets (and Publix usually has the best bakery). 

• Like 3

@Anne   See's is a possibility. Guess I never thought of them in connection with Christmas

@Arcadia Ferrero is good stuff. Haven't seen it around here lately but I bet I could find it somewhere.

@Denise in IN  Will have to check out the Debrand Link! Thanks.

@ScoutTN Never heard of Esther Price here on the West Coast. We don't have a Publix either.  😞

@wintermom  Honey, I need my sleep. After all I am not twenty anymore (or thirty...)

@KidsHappen Funny you should mention Swiss Colony. We ordered from them for years as well until it got so pricey that I stopped. This is where dh got so spoiled about the petit fours!!

@Margaret in CO   Haven't heard of Enstrom but will check out as well.  Thanks.

@school17777 We have TJ's. Perhaps dh needs to take a trip to TJ as he is closer than I am.

@dmmetler  No Publix around here, unfortunatley

@Seasider too  We do have Whole Foods - dh calls them whole paycheck but that is what it's going to be for the kind of chocolates he wants.  🙂

7 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

We have TJ's. Perhaps dh needs to take a trip to TJ as he is closer than I am.

The Ferrero were from Safeway.

For TJs my teens have been gobbling down Lebkuchen (both types https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/5265 )

Whole Foods would wipe out my fun money if I indulge in all the petite bakery items there https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/FRS/3208/18561

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

Elixir Boutique Chocolates is a local chocolatier who makes delectable, beautiful chocolates. Each piece is like a tiny work of art, almost too pretty to eat, but eat them.  You'll be so glad. 

https://elixirchocolates.com/varieties/

They look fantastic. I am saving all the links. I ordered some from Debrand but dh may get involved in which case he will want more variety. 🙂

Thank You all!

Since you mentioned not having time to bake...have you considered refrigerated cookie dough? I've become a fan of it. It's so easy to throw in the oven and then have warm cookies. They're not completely homemade but close enough. I usually just make half a package at a time whenever I feel like. So this isn't for gifting or anything, just something to make our house feel more homey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 12:51 AM, Suzanne in ABQ said:

Elixir Boutique Chocolates is a local chocolatier who makes delectable, beautiful chocolates. Each piece is like a tiny work of art, almost too pretty to eat, but eat them.  You'll be so glad. 

https://elixirchocolates.com/varieties/

Somebody needs to bump this thread next year.  Those look wonderful, and for what they are, they are a reasonable price, too.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Arcadia said:

Not Christmassy but my kids enjoyed the Ferrero Golden Gallery chocolates https://www.ferrerorocher.com/au/en/ferrero-golden-gallery#subbrand-header

I just bought a box of these and they are SO GOOD!  Very rich, good quality, where you only eat one (or two!) at a time.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, KidsHappen said:

SwissColony.com They are expensive but well worth it. We have been ordering from them for close to 25 years. It's not the holidays without them.

My first job out of high school was at a call center where we took Swiss Colony orders. We had other clients too, but I mainly remember the Swiss Colony because taking the orders made me hungry! 

• Haha 1

If you want to fill in, Costco has gift boxes from Lindor/Lindt, Godiva, Ferraro Roche, and often a few truffles. I always buy our party chocolates there.  The prices are very good! They also sell Sees gift cards at a discount, if you want to go that route. Their own Kirkland containers of chocolates are decent too (way better that Hershey's, but not decadent). We usually have the chocolate macadamia nuts and sea salt caramels.  Not amazing, but a good everyday 'pantry candy' as we call them.

Edited by Tap