What is on top of your tree?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is on top of your tree?

• Angel
    • Star
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Nothing

10 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I remember one year my mom replaced our star with a bow and my brother HATED it.

Of course he was 15 and hated EVERY THING. So she just continued on. 

We have a pathetic looking star. I keep wanting to replace it but havent so far found something I like.

I remember hating it when someone in our family tried to change the tree topper. Growing up, in my mind it had to be a star. The angels were all to gaudy looking and bows don't belong on top of a tree. That was my thought process.

• Like 1

Just now, hjffkj said:

I remember hating it when someone in our family tried to change the tree topper. Growing up, in my mind it had to be a star. The angels were all to gaudy looking and bows don't belong on top of a tree. That was my thought process.

That was exactly my brother. 

Exactly.

but he was going through a particularly critical grumpy phase so we all learned to ignore him. 

To this day he is a creature of habit and routine. Anything different makes him squirm.

3 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

That was exactly my brother. 

Exactly.

but he was going through a particularly critical grumpy phase so we all learned to ignore him. 

To this day he is a creature of habit and routine. Anything different makes him squirm.

Yeah, I'm not that rigid anymore but I still wouldn't put a bow on top of a tree 😁

On 12/11/2019 at 12:15 PM, Lori D. said:

Other. It was my parent's first tree-topper -- a 1960 space-age design of blown glass:

ornament 1.jpg

ornament 2.jpg

That’s what we had growing up, and I have the original but it’s lost almost all the color. We bought a new on at the Christkindlmarket in Chicago and it’s just right- it reminds me of the one I grew up with but the kids have memories of all the years we had that holiday tradition in Chicago.   I was so relieved when we unpacked our ornaments this year- nothing broke when we moved 1000 miles away this year! All our Christkindlmarket ornaments, mugs, and tree topper made it! 

• Like 3