Menu

What's with the ads?

gardenmom5

to everyone with a cat . . . .

This is extra funny to me as we are literally waiting on putting up the tree until after an upcoming out-of-town trip, for this very reason. 

Also because, not too long ago (it must have been maybe at our son's graduation get-together in May...?), my niece found a Christmas ornament under the couch. Leftover, of course, from cat shenanigans last year. 

The kitten actually left mine alone! I didn’t think I’d get a tree of any kind this year, but not only did she not bother it (a small table top tree on a side table), both kitties take turns sleeping under it.  🙂 And she cares not about the ornaments, which are all metal, straw and wood, or the lights (it’s prelit). 

I'm starting to think we might be able to get an actual tree (maybe fake, maybe real) again next year. If only because I so love a tower of twinkly lights. 🙂 

I borrowed @dmmetler's idea and our tree is covered in pokemon stuffed animals and that's it, thanks to the kitten. Megacharzard is our Christmas Star this year. He thinks it's overall pretty boring, so maybe next year I can have my normal tree back! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Our cats pretty much ignore the fake tree.  They’re all over 2 years old now, though.  The first couple of years we had them, we wouldn’t put on the last few rows of branches, but now I can put all on the rows. 

Now...if it was a real tree, that might be a different story.  I’m not sure they could resist sinking their claws into the trunk and taking a little climb.

• Like 1

We have had artificial tree with 5 metal ornaments up for a week. So far we know new cat has been up in it a few times because of bent branches. I’m not sure if we will do more ornaments, but we are hosting a big family gathering (of people who aren’t cat fans).

Ours are happily knocking the plush off the tree, but for the most part, aren't trying to climb and haven't knocked it over. Maybe by next year the two young ones will be as disinterested as the older two. The funny thing is that our mama cat will growl at them if she sees them near the tree-like "I know what you're thinking, and don't you dare do it!". They aren't her kittens, but she definitely hasn't lost her mom instincts :). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah, that’s pretty much the case. Yesterday Misty was playing soccer in the kitchen with one of the balls from my tabletop tree. That little thing really skittered across the tile.

12 hours ago, rebcoola said:

2 cats and a 10 month old our we are skipping the full tree this year.

I'll have two puppies (one very small - pick-up is saturday, and one about 19mos) - and a 15 mo baby.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I'll have two puppies (one very small - pick-up is saturday, and one about 19mos) - and a 15 mo baby.

Might as well just hang edibles on the tree. 😂

• Haha 4

I brought a small tree to one of my kids' apartments and his two young cats were immediately on it. They only managed to get one of the ornaments off in the short time that I was there. I'll be over there this Wednesday and it'll be interesting to see the condition of the tree.

I once had a cat who would knock off the little ornaments and then place them in our shoes. I guess he didn't have any dead mice to give us so this was the next best thing. 😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I think my cat is getting old. 😞  She's leaving the tree alone, except for laying underneath it.  Well, she did smack one small metal bell around that had fallen onto the floor.  She's almost 15.

I woke up to my Christmas tree laying on the floor. The one year I don’t tie it in place because I think the cat matured. 

• Sad 2