Menu

to everyone with a cat . . . .

gardenmom5

This is extra funny to me as we are literally waiting on putting up the tree until after an upcoming out-of-town trip, for this very reason. 

Also because, not too long ago (it must have been maybe at our son's graduation get-together in May...?), my niece found a Christmas ornament under the couch. Leftover, of course, from cat shenanigans last year. 

The kitten actually left mine alone! I didn’t think I’d get a tree of any kind this year, but not only did she not bother it (a small table top tree on a side table), both kitties take turns sleeping under it.  🙂 And she cares not about the ornaments, which are all metal, straw and wood, or the lights (it’s prelit). 

I'm starting to think we might be able to get an actual tree (maybe fake, maybe real) again next year. If only because I so love a tower of twinkly lights. 🙂 

Our cats pretty much ignore the fake tree.  They’re all over 2 years old now, though.  The first couple of years we had them, we wouldn’t put on the last few rows of branches, but now I can put all on the rows. 

Now...if it was a real tree, that might be a different story.  I’m not sure they could resist sinking their claws into the trunk and taking a little climb.

We have had artificial tree with 5 metal ornaments up for a week. So far we know new cat has been up in it a few times because of bent branches. I’m not sure if we will do more ornaments, but we are hosting a big family gathering (of people who aren’t cat fans).

Ours are happily knocking the plush off the tree, but for the most part, aren't trying to climb and haven't knocked it over. Maybe by next year the two young ones will be as disinterested as the older two. The funny thing is that our mama cat will growl at them if she sees them near the tree-like "I know what you're thinking, and don't you dare do it!". They aren't her kittens, but she definitely hasn't lost her mom instincts :). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I brought a small tree to one of my kids' apartments and his two young cats were immediately on it. They only managed to get one of the ornaments off in the short time that I was there. I'll be over there this Wednesday and it'll be interesting to see the condition of the tree.

I once had a cat who would knock off the little ornaments and then place them in our shoes. I guess he didn't have any dead mice to give us so this was the next best thing. 😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 1