Menu

Bras for young teens?

PeachyDoodle

Has anyone found a great place to buy bras for young teens who are between girls' and women's sizing, or just smaller sizes in general? I think a 32B would best fit my dd but they are near impossible to find. She doesn't mind an underwire but would prefer something plain with no padding.

I've always had the opposite problem, so this is a new one for me. 🙂 Help!

J.C. Penny's.  I recently took my daughter there and they also had a 100% cotton one that I could wear, I'm allergic to polyester and 100% cotton is becoming harder and harder to find.  They had a bunch of A's and B's in a wide range of styles and sizes.  

Edited by ElizabethB

I second JCPenney's; I especially like their Ambrielle brand and I found one that is very comfy that is sized S, M, L, etc. rather than cup sizes. Wireless, simple but pretty, and actually feels better than going w/o, which is a first for me. 

Wherever you decide to take her, I would just plan to set aside an afternoon and let her try on everything even remotely in her size, across all brands, styles, etc., until she finds what fits and feels good. 

• Like 1

Not sure how old your young teen is, but my youngest didn't need anything other than a sports bra before high school. At age 14, I think she really liked what she found at Aerie/American Eagle. Her first were bra-looking bralettes that pulled on--no hooks. Another year older she decided she wanted their underwire basic bra and added a couple of those to the mix. 32A fits and they're often on sale.

She's 14 and outgrew girls' sizes in clothes and shoes a couple of years ago. I've been surprised at how difficult it's been to find bras for her because while she's not big, she's definitely not a petite gal. If pressed, I would have guessed that she is an average size for her age. She needs the support of a "real" bra (not a tween/training bra or bralette -- she started wearing those at 11) but just in a small size. She does wear sports bras quite often but wants something a little nicer and "grown-up" as well. 

I've ordered a couple of things so we will see if we've got any winners!

• Like 1

I'm hard to fit and I adore these bras that are designed to fit a range of sizes: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICBGB38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

So comfy and they come in cute colors. The pads are removable. 

Hanes also makes bras that fit a range of sizes. They are called ComfortFlex and you can find them on Amazon.

• Like 1