Menu

30 Day Self-Reflection Challenge - Day 5

Granny_Weatherwax

Most of us have things we have done, said, didn't do, or didn't say. Take a few minutes to reflect on the those things. I know it stinks to think about our regrets and misdeeds but it should only last a few minutes. If you are honest with yourself and work through the process, you will find peace and contentment; perhaps the greatest gifts you can give yourself.

Day 5 - 

Today is the day for forgiveness. I forgive myself for...

• Thanks 1

Day 5 - 

Today is the day for forgiveness. I forgive myself for...

I know I have a lot I could work through on this topic, but by far, I want to forgive myself for not being by my mom's side when she died :-(.  I was busy dealing with my dad and sister falling apart at home (like majorly falling apart) and I was delayed getting to the hospital that morning.  The night before the doctors thought she would be alive longer (she was in a coma and they had told us to find hospice care).  This is a hard one for me to forgive.  No one was with her but a nurse.  I've never said that to anyone outside my family :-(.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I'm trying to forgive myself for not understanding my dd's mental health needs when she was struggling with anxiety and depression in college.  Luckily she is on top of things and reached out for help. She is a great example to me of self care and seeking help. 

Edited by WendyLady
  • Like 2

Wow, this one hits home. 

I regret not being closer to my parents. I got married right out of high school and my dh and I moved away for college and then jobs. We never returned to live in our home town or state. We visited once a year and called home a few times a month but we were never as close as I know my mother wished we were. Both mom and dad are gone now and I regret all the times I did not stay in touch.