Menu

Stadium cushions

Storygirl

14 minutes ago, wintermom said:

It does sound like a very good investment. I could have used one at church last Sunday. The pews are becoming very hard and uncomfortable. I must be getting old! 😉

At our church a few weeks back, someone brought their own cushions!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in love with my stadium chair. The backrest is critical for long days on the bleachers. 

I have a stadium chair in both vehicles. I also have lawn chairs, blankets, and a poncho in my van as well as sunscreen and bug spray in the summer. I have kids in sports year-round, and I try to always be prepared.

• Like 3

Spirit shop doesn’t unless it’s different for different schools

the ones booster club had looked sort of like this:  (hope Link works )  I don’t have one but they seem very appealing... 

Nova Microdermabrasion Portable Stadium Seat Chair Reclining Seat for Bench Bleachers W/Padded Cushion Shoulder Straps - 6 Reclining Positions - Water Resistant (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFCKTRJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pYi6DbDMNVQF0

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about the kind that have backs. First, I find bleacher seats extremely uncomfortable, so the idea of having a support for my back seems great. But I may be even more uncomfortable if a chair with a back requires me to sit up straighter than usual and does not have enough give. If it has too much give, on the other hand, it wouldn't be providing back support anyway. Plus, I dislike sitting near people who use them, because they hang over the back of the bleacher seat, which means the person sitting behind has less leg room. So I would have some negative feelings about using them, based on how I imagine it would affect the people around me.

I'm working through these things, so feel free to share any thoughts, if you do use the kind with a back. I hesitate to put one like that on my list without being able to try it out and make sure that I will like it.

Also, DH is built like a football player and is 6'5" tall, so he takes up a large amount of space when seated. I don't know if one of those chair style seats would be big enough for him. I think a cushion style would be better for him, even if less comfortable. Thoughts?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

DH is built like a football player

Do the people who do the Purple cushions sell them for stadiums? Or could you put a regular cover on a 2" purple cushion? That's what i'm using now to help with my back and it's AWESOME.  https://purple.com/seatcushions

You can get them at BB&B with a coupon. The cover is too thin to be durable, so I would try to put them inside another cover for outdoor, vigorous use. And mine is the thickest I think, 2". I'd definitely do that for your dh.

30 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

I have mixed feelings about the kind that have backs.

I think if you get enough padding and have some movement, it will be good for your core and feel good.  

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

I think this is what I have https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/royal-purple-reg-no-pressure-seat-cushion-in-black-purple/1062118057?keyword=purple-cushion

Royal Purple® No Pressure Seat Cushion in Black/Purple  

So it's the Royal, but 2". I'm seeing inexpensive bleacher cushions (also at BB&B) and you might be able to pop out the foam and in the Purple. Or maybe you can buy a blank bleacher seat cover. I'll bet somebody is making them.

They'll probably have the different thicknesses in store at BB&B. I kind of worried about it. I don't know how the 1" would feel, but the 2" is fabulous, always perfect. But the 1" would be less *weight* if you thought it would work, sure. Maybe try it and see? 

Here's the 1" that folds. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/purple-reg-everywhere-seat-cushion-in-black-purple/5172511?keyword=purple-cushion

Alpcour Folding Stadium Seat – Deluxe 6-Position Reclining Waterproof Cushion Chair for Bleachers w/Storage Pocket, Shoulder Carry Strap & Thick Back w/Extra Padding for Superior Support & Comfort                                       I have a couple seats in my ds' office that we use for flex seating and they're like this. *I* don't find them particularly comfortable, just me. I also notice he doesn't adore them. And they were stupid expensive. The idea is nice, but I'm saying between the bulk of something that would fit your dh vs. something less bulky but more heavy (the thicker Purple seat cushion), I'd probably go with the thicker. Then you definitely have comfort. 

But maybe just hit the store, try some things. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

We have stadium chairs but I don't use them in a very crowded gym because of the way they hang over the back.  I think that the "elevation" is more important to me than the back.  It's amazing how just an extra inch or two helps me feel more comfortable when we are sitting for four games in one evening (basketball).  

• Like 1

Btw not a stadium cushion per se, but I have this as a help with back pain cushion:

Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion - Helps With Sciatica Back Pain - Perfect for Your Office Chair and Sitting on the Floor Gives Relief From Tailbone Pain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V2L5JRA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.Sr6DbSWHB6BS

It would probably work, and its company has more normal square looking cushions too— but if you wanted to support good posture exercise while watching your son the sculpted cushion could be good.  

• Like 1

Baseball parent here.  We have two of these babies.  Love them.  If your bleachers are super-crowded, they are not great because they do take up some space behind you.  Also, you will feel like a very tall person because the seat is about 4" thick.  But I can sit through multiple games and be fine.  They are a great gift; I gave them to my husband for Christmas one year.  If you find one you like and want to give them to grandparents, for instance, but want to make them special, I've given folding chairs but removed the back, ripped out the stitching to open it up, taken it for embroidery (monogram or team name) and resewn and reinstalled it.  

• Like 2