Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Hear from ds24 that he is doing OK. - normal he told me. I am so relieved a  fellow worker  was killed while  ds was at work on the weekend - Firefighting a bushfire 

had trouble getting the twins up so I could drop ds16 off at work early this morning. one ended up having to have breakfast after we came back

twins schoolwork

disaster at swarm collecting of escaped bees

1 load laundry

respite worker in afternoon working with twins.

pick ds up from work 

planted 2 trees

cooked tea - party-pies and veggies - I know  pretty lame meal but I am just feeling so hassled today 

still to go

shower twins 

clean kitchen

fold laundry

lock up geese - all 12 half grown goslings were taken by a fox while I was in Melbourne on the weekend

evening course I am undertaking - ABIA therapist - starting to enjoy the course now 

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 6

Good morning!

• have dh drop manure sample off to horse vet (I was supposed to do this yesterday, but the day got too hectic)
  • office work - bills, email, insurance
  • dust & vacuum
  • several loads of laundry
  • order ds21's presents (welding supplies & video game controllers - might need dh's help to make sure I'm ordering the right things)
  • order Christmas chocolate 
  • take Tiberius to vet at 2:00 for shots
  • Chewy order?
  • violin lesson for dd
  • dinner: lemony chickpea rice soup
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Dd to tutorial  

School with ds.  

Cook taco meat and prep taco salad for dh's dinner  

Get Handel's Messiah on my phone. Out cd is damaged.

Ds to Science class - shark dissection today!  

Pick up dd and head to the mall to volunteer at the Salvation Army Angel Tree booth for the evening. Dinner at the mall.

Read for my class.

Today would be a great day for ds to get dd's gift. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning! I got home too late last night to do much in the house, so I need to do tidying today. 

• meals
  • school with ds
  • tidy house
  • pick up a food box from a local place that is like a co-op (trying for the first time)
  • make a list of all that needs to be done for dd's graduation and Christmas
  • maybe take ds to swim so dh can take care of a few things
  • Like 4

Good morning! I got the Christmas things up yesterday-ds3 and dh packed things up last year. Let's just say- never again.

Dh took the car today- so I will run a couple of errands when dd2 gets back and I take ds3 to tennis.

Otherwise, lots to do in the house.

• coffee/paper
  • laundry- going
  • clean off table
  • ds3 up and working- order some books for him
  • double check hotel reservations for meet/ parking pass?
  • some online shopping 
  • clean off the coat rack and put things where they belong
  • clean off counter under the wreath
  • jen things
  • start the clean out of one cabinet in the kitchen- the plan is to do all of them by Christmas
  • ds3 to tennis- quick grocery trip
  • home- figure out easy dinner
  • ds3- get a ride or uber home
  • dh has choir- so watch my movie tonight

Have a great day!

Edited by MysteryJen
for a moment forgot that I still homeschool!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I gave ds a "snow day" today. 😄 He went out and played from the time he got up until he got hungry (about 2 hours later)...which gave me time to design lessons all around the current weather:
-Christmas puzzles from Math Salamanders and snowflake symmetry lesson
-a biopic on Snowflake Bentley.  We'd done the children's book a while back.
-we took our microscope out in the snow after covering the lens, let it get super cold, and then looked at snowflakes
-make rock candy crystals

Still up:
-ds is working on first person narratives in English, so we put the book lessons on hold and twisted them to be personal.  He decided to write a Christmas letter this year.  Today is more work on that.
-violin practice (usual and a fun piece)
-French Christmas translation work
-Latin review

I have missed doing school like this.  I always like our December lessons better than our regular work.

• Like 4

Good morning.

My left shoulder is so sore.  I did not go into a flare but there are parts of me that are so tight that they do not move the way they are designed to move.  Tomorrow at my chiropractic appointment I will check into whether I can get insurance to cover some more massage work and hopefully get my body to a better place.

human care is done

pet care is done

medical care is done including filing pill boxes for the week

morning exercises are done

I finally put away the very last of the Thanksgiving china which had made its way from the kitchen to the dining room and was just sitting there next to the china cabinet. 

cleaned and refilled the dog waterer

took out the bathroom garbage

• Like 3

ds3 working hard on school

dd2 came home to do some work (her college prep class was doing an assignment about choosing a roommate- she gets a teammate. No other choices)

went to grocery store, dinner planned, quick bank run

more laundry

finish cleaning off coat rack

finish putting away groceries (gatorade storage is so irritating in this house)

day dream about better storage solutions

• Like 3

@HomeAgain Your day sounds lovely. That is the kind of homeschool I love, but do not have anymore. Sigh....

Made appt for tomorrow.

Culled my inbox

Took the dog on a long walk and found a pile of holly waiting at the curb for the stick truck. Rescued  some for my decorations! 

Called a friend.

Bought two stocking stuffers for ds at the Science center gift shop.

Remembered to bring uniforms for tonight. Thinking we will do 6-8 for Angel Tree, not stay til 9:00. 

Next up:

Read! 

Pick up dd and head to the mall.

• Like 4

Done with all my usuals - laundry, cleaning, office work.

Had our vet appt.

Got coffee with dd and stopped at Walmart so she could look for a phone case.

Submitted the online rebate form for the dog meds I bought. 

Spent several minutes trying to track down the source of the faint but awful smell in dh's office. Can't find anything, so we think there must be a dead mouse in the walls. Gross...

Decided to have leftover fajitas for dinner tonight. Will wait until tomorrow to make soup.

• Like 3

I meant to check-in today and missed the boat.  Weird day. Our beloved standard poodle who we foster for the guide dogs as a breeding boy is sick. He's having neurological episodes of sudden loss of balance and inability to rouse from sleep for a few minutes. I thought he died in his sleep last night. Our black lab puppy waiting to become a guide dog for the blind has a problem, too. Very troubling. Sucks that the dogs have to be sick along with us humans right now, too.

• Sad 4

I decorated for Christmas.  Until a few years ago when dd decided that she no longer "cares" about doing things as a family, this was a fun family thing to do.  But my house looks lovely, even if I have to say so myself.  And I did have some nice hot chocolate. 

Dd delivered to work.

Very quick grocery shop because earlier when I did grocery shopping I didn't actually look at my list. . .

• Like 3

At the Angel Tree table in the mall. Dull.

Sent the kids to grab their novels out of the car. I fully expect them to come back with milkshakes or coffee. They were whispering and I heard " peppermint mocha"! I will resist temptation. The mall is a myriad of dangers for low-carb eaters! 😉 I had a good salad for dinner and really am not hungry.

I need to lose another 4 lbs or so to have my winter clothes fit well. 

• Like 3

Howdy!  Busy day today.

• I was up until 4:something a.m. ordering Chrismas gifts for the extended family.  I got it pretty well done.
  • Slept a bit ... overslept actually.
  • Drove kids to school because one of them needed to do something before bus drop-off time.
  • Got some work out, caught up on emails etc...
  • Shower / hair wash.
  • Gathered paperwork needed for school registration.
  • Meeting at public school re registering the girls for 9th grade next year.  The meeting took a whole hour.
  • Bought envelopes, stamps, a birthday card, a gingerbread house kit, and a few odds and ends.
  • Mailed a check for a charity I support.
  • Dropped off some library books.
  • Did my yoga and TKD form practice.
  • Made several calls regarding school testing etc.
  • A long work conference call.
  • Ordered pizza.
  • Snuck a nap.
  • A little more work.
  • Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Kid1 to vision appointment.
  • Picked up Kid2.
  • Fed the bird.
  • Kids practiced their instruments.
  • Kids did their homework (I need to review in the a.m.)
  • Various house cleaning, decluttering, troubleshooting, etc.
  • Probably some other stuff I'm not remembering.
  • Like 3