Menu

Found a few things on Cyber Monday...

G5052

But just a few. Anyone else?

Got some jewelry on Etsy that I had been watching for 30% off.

Found a Lightning Deal on a rug on Amazon that I had been watching.

But that's it. I actually saw that the prices on some things I already have for family go up. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping to find nothing. And when I find something, I try to talk myself out of it. :biggrin:

Seriously, it has been my best Black Friday weekend. And I'm with you, the deals have been odd. The only thing I wanted at B&N (these super thick reading socks) were NOT ON SALE! So I went to walmart and got something really similar, 2 for $10, lol. MUK LUKS A LA MODEMuk Luks A La Mode 2 pair pack Chenille Cabin Sock, Dark Red

45 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I'm hoping to find nothing. And when I find something, I try to talk myself out of it. :biggrin:

I hear you. My budget has little more play this year, but not much. My college kids will receive checks from a relative who is always generous, so they'll have fun with that. 

I have a handful of things to buy with coupons that are dated in the future, and then I'm done with my shopping.  

• Like 1

Bought DS15 the Yeti Rambler 18oz that he requested for at Dicks Sporting Goods. 25% discount isn’t much but it is hard to find Yeti on sale and DS15 rarely ask for stuff. He is using it for community college for his hot tea as the weather has turned chilly and rainy last month.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/yeti-18-ozrambler-bottle-16yeturmblrbttl18odr/16yeturmblrbttl18odr

1 hour ago, G5052 said:

But just a few. Anyone else?

Got some jewelry on Etsy that I had been watching for 30% off.

Found a Lightning Deal on a rug on Amazon that I had been watching.

But that's it. I actually saw that the prices on some things I already have for family go up. 

What rug? I’ve been looking for something nice-ish, cheapish, 7x9ish. 

31 minutes ago, SamanthaCarter said:

What rug? I’ve been looking for something nice-ish, cheapish, 7x9ish. 

It's gone now, but it was a Lightening Deal. I got an 8x10 muted persian-style with gray, beige, and blue tones for $90.

We are renting and have this horrible beige carpet throughout the house. The area under the dining room table is looking bad even with just three adults, and I needed something to dress up my dining room area. 

Choose "Deals" to the left of the search window and put in "rug 7x9."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

I'm not buying this now, because I have no place to store it and am not convinced that I need one. But others may be interested. The 8 quart Instant Pot is $64.99 on Amazon. (Regularly $139.)

Ooh, thank you! I just bought this. I've been thinking I needed a bigger one for a long time. 

• Like 1

The one thing my daughter wanted has a set price everywhere but Amazon offered $25 Amazon credit if we purchased through them so.....I guess we technically got it on "sale".  I really didn't need or find anything else.  I did take advantage of a few 30% off/free shipping\6 easy pays on cosmetics and face stuff I use regularly that's about it.

I've been using an original iPad (1) circa 2009 that we won in a raffle when my son was in t-ball. They were brand new then and very expensive.

This Little League raffle is a huge event in our community. We didn't even purchase any raffle tickets, finding out later that every kid in the league automatically got 2 with registration. We were astonished to win a top prise.

After 10 years, I kinda, sorta, wanted a replacement for the old unit, but had no "plans." Sure it could "blink out" sometimes. But who are we kidding? So can I.

Well, on Sunday the new "regular" (generation 7) 32 gig iPad briefly dropped to $229 while I was online. So I pulled the trigger.

Not quite winning the lottery, but not bad.

Bill

• Like 1

I bought an Ooler, which is a programmable cooling mattress pad that circulates water to control core body temp. After trying glycine before bed, which also lowers core body temperature, and finding it does help me sleep very well, I bit the bullet and bought the Ooler. We'll see how it works.

Also bought a Joovv solo red light and near-infrared light. I've been eyeing these for over a year. Want to try it for a variety of reasons.

Bought some other things, too, but those were the big ticket items.

26 minutes ago, katilac said:

This is a supplement pill? 

Yes, either a capsule or powder. The glycine we take is made by NOW and is a powder. It's 100% glycine and nothing else. If you prefer capsules, you can find those, too.

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Supplements-Glycine-Powder-1-Pound/dp/B0013OVZJW

A dose of 3-5 grams about an hour or two before bedtime should work. One-quarter teaspoon of the powder equalsa one gram, so you'd take 3/4 to 1-1/4 teaspoons mixed in with water. Glycine is an amino acid and will taste slightly sweet.

Most people tolerate it well, even very high doses. However, if you're taking Clozaril (Clozapine) or have had a stroke, you'd want to be supervised by a doctor. It's always good to do a quick search for contraindications just to be safe.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:41 AM, Arcadia said:

Bought DS15 the Yeti Rambler 18oz that he requested for at Dicks Sporting Goods. 25% discount isn’t much but it is hard to find Yeti on sale and DS15 rarely ask for stuff. He is using it for community college for his hot tea as the weather has turned chilly and rainy last month.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/yeti-18-ozrambler-bottle-16yeturmblrbttl18odr/16yeturmblrbttl18odr

Great minds think alike! I got Trinqueta a Contigo water bottle and matching travel mug for St. Nicholas. It wasn't a great sale, but 25% is 25% and now she'll be all matchy matchy on CC days.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 3:11 PM, Spy Car said:

I've been using an original iPad (1) circa 2009 that we won in a raffle when my son was in t-ball. They were brand new then and very expensive.

This Little League raffle is a huge event in our community. We didn't even purchase any raffle tickets, finding out later that every kid in the league automatically got 2 with registration. We were astonished to win a top prise.

After 10 years, I kinda, sorta, wanted a replacement for the old unit, but had no "plans." Sure it could "blink out" sometimes. But who are we kidding? So can I.

Well, on Sunday the new "regular" (generation 7) 32 gig iPad briefly dropped to $229 while I was online. So I pulled the trigger.

Not quite winning the lottery, but not bad.

Bill

A few weeks ago I was asking here about which tablet to buy for my first-ever tablet purchase. I settled on an iPad and was ready to buy the 6th generation version at a lower price. But I, too, saw this deal and was able to get the newest one for even lower than the older one. I’m pretty happy about that! 

16 minutes ago, PinkTulip said:

A few weeks ago I was asking here about which tablet to buy for my first-ever tablet purchase. I settled on an iPad and was ready to buy the 6th generation version at a lower price. But I, too, saw this deal and was able to get the newest one for even lower than the older one. I’m pretty happy about that! 

I actually paid more for a 6th gen iPad that was on deep-discount due to being discontinued back in August ($250) that I got for my mother's 92nd birthday than I did for my new 7th gen.

She's always been an avid reader, but has been frustrated the last year or so as her vision has been getting worse. The iPad has been a boon. She can blow up the text to a size that's comfortable for her to read and she plows through books at an amazing rate.

I feel like that iPad was probably the best gift I've ever given anyone in my entire life. She is so happy to be able to read again. Priceless.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 3