Menu

December Well-Trained Bodies

Soror

50 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

That is so exciting!!

I know!!!

Strength work done, abbreviated workout, 3 sets TRX rows (feet elevated, band assisted pull-ups, renegade rows, and single leg glute bridge

After workout/afternoon snack- is a TO DIE FOR smoothie, unsweet almond milk, nonfat plain greek yogurt, steamed beet, 2T cocoa, chocolate protein powder (sweetened w/ stevia) and handful frozen raspberries- reminds me of the dark chocolate raspberry squares I like but so much healtheir

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, soror said:

I know!!!

Strength work done, abbreviated workout, 3 sets TRX rows (feet elevated, band assisted pull-ups, renegade rows, and single leg glute bridge

After workout/afternoon snack- is a TO DIE FOR smoothie, unsweet almond milk, nonfat plain greek yogurt, steamed beet, 2T cocoa, chocolate protein powder (sweetened w/ stevia) and handful frozen raspberries- reminds me of the dark chocolate raspberry squares I like but so much healtheir

I've been making a similar smoothie. I prefer it with silken tofu rather than yoghurt.

Managed a favourite yoga session this afternoon.

• Like 3

I've lost 6 lbs!!  Due to my recently discovered kidney problems, I've had to go on a low sodium diet and adjust many of the foods (like red meat) that I've been eating. 

My Pilates classes have struggled with instructor turnover and holiday vacations.  I've missed 3 classes and I'm not that happy about it.  But, I'm continuing to gain core strength never the less.  I'm still not able to walk more than a mile without paying for it in increased pain. 

• Like 4

Aaaand I got my dumbbells!  Or part of them, actually.  Since one of the packages didn't arrive in time (though he ordered them on the 8th), he wanted to go ahead and show me rather than give me a partial present in front of my parents on Christmas morning, lol.  Can't wait to use them!!!!  They're exactly the ones I would have ordered, yayayay.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Aaaand I got my dumbbells!  Or part of them, actually.  Since one of the packages didn't arrive in time (though he ordered them on the 8th), he wanted to go ahead and show me rather than give me a partial present in front of my parents on Christmas morning, lol.  Can't wait to use them!!!!  They're exactly the ones I would have ordered, yayayay.

Good job hubby!!! I bet you are excited to get to use them!!

14 hours ago, HollyDay said:

I've lost 6 lbs!!  Due to my recently discovered kidney problems, I've had to go on a low sodium diet and adjust many of the foods (like red meat) that I've been eating. 

My Pilates classes have struggled with instructor turnover and holiday vacations.  I've missed 3 classes and I'm not that happy about it.  But, I'm continuing to gain core strength never the less.  I'm still not able to walk more than a mile without paying for it in increased pain. 

Congrats on the weight loss and increased strength. 

14 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I've been making a similar smoothie. I prefer it with silken tofu rather than yoghurt.

Managed a favourite yoga session this afternoon.

Oh, I bet tofu would work well too. Are you still enjoying Adrienne's yoga? I've liked all of hers I've tried.

Merry Christmas ladies, we do gifts at home, then travel to my parent's house and back to MIL's. Lots of fun and food.

It is a rest day for me, although I might do some stretching. I usually make myself some special gf treat and have not yet, no clue what I want. I think I'm going to make roasted garlic green beans to take as a side with some kind of potato dish for a starch. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, soror said:

Oh, I bet tofu would work well too. Are you still enjoying Adrienne's yoga? I've liked all of hers I've tried.

Merry Christmas ladies, we do gifts at home, then travel to my parent's house and back to MIL's. Lots of fun and food.

It is a rest day for me, although I might do some stretching. I usually make myself some special gf treat and have not yet, no clue what I want. I think I'm going to make roasted garlic green beans to take as a side with some kind of potato dish for a starch. 

Merry Christmas all! Pretty exhausted by Christmas prep and a bit of social stress. I was planning on some yoga after I got back from dropping my mum off, but I just can't. If I make it to 9pm it will be all I manage. Lovely presents though, sweet children and Husband. Onwards and upwards.

Yes, I like Adriene. Some purists are a bit sniffy about her, but her instincts are good, I think. She does get a bit chatty sometimes though.

• Like 3

Hi ladies, I hope y'all all had a wonderful day yesterday!  Ours was great, but like @Laura Corin I was utterly exhausted by the end and fell asleep on the couch at 9pm.  Shout out to my husband for building Lego sets with the boys ALL DAY while I cooked the feast(s)!

This morning, I'm planning on getting out there and fiddling around with my new dumbbells, whee!  So far I have enough plates to load 40 lbs on each one (the rest of the plates are still pending Fed Ex delivery).  I'm going to try to get an idea of what my 8-12 rep range is for a bunch of different movements, which will help me write a good program for myself.  I think I'll get some swings in to make sure I work up a sweat.  Then this afternoon, we're headed over to my parents to let the kids run wild in the woods while the weather is great (74 and sunny) and I'll probably tackle some more thorn bushes and out-of-control vines.  Back to the usual routine, as y'all can see!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Merry Christmas all! Pretty exhausted by Christmas prep and a bit of social stress. I was planning on some yoga after I got back from dropping my mum off, but I just can't. If I make it to 9pm it will be all I manage. Lovely presents though, sweet children and Husband. Onwards and upwards.

Yes, I like Adriene. Some purists are a bit sniffy about her, but her instincts are good, I think. She does get a bit chatty sometimes though.

I hope you got a nice nights sleep. I like Adrienne too, any workout of hers I've done has felt good to my body, rather relaxing or challenging.

6 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Hi ladies, I hope y'all all had a wonderful day yesterday!  Ours was great, but like @Laura Corin I was utterly exhausted by the end and fell asleep on the couch at 9pm.  Shout out to my husband for building Lego sets with the boys ALL DAY while I cooked the feast(s)!

This morning, I'm planning on getting out there and fiddling around with my new dumbbells, whee!  So far I have enough plates to load 40 lbs on each one (the rest of the plates are still pending Fed Ex delivery).  I'm going to try to get an idea of what my 8-12 rep range is for a bunch of different movements, which will help me write a good program for myself.  I think I'll get some swings in to make sure I work up a sweat.  Then this afternoon, we're headed over to my parents to let the kids run wild in the woods while the weather is great (74 and sunny) and I'll probably tackle some more thorn bushes and out-of-control vines.  Back to the usual routine, as y'all can see!

New toys!!! Let us know how they work for you.

Yesterday, my lunch plans got cancelled as my brother was ill so we got to hang around the house longer. I read and took a 1 mile walk outside in the gorgeous weather.

I got to bed a bit late for me but only because I was reading.

Today is core, HIIT (both 20 min) and lifting. Core done, HIIT after last class. I think I'll hit the gym for lifting when I go in for shopping.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely Nordic Walk this morning on the beach. I'm now about to do some yoga. Lovely peaceful day. I went to a remarkably pleasant sale at a shoe shop this morning - the customers were calm and the staff very cheerful. I bought some boots for work and some Merrells for every day.

What a beautiful day, so did you get any walking shoes? I need some new Merrell trail runner's myself.

20 min HIIT done and then I did a bucket carry. I am aiming for .25 miles but didn't measure it (which was rather stupid). I loaded my bucket with 20# and walked up and down the hills between our house and the inlaws twice. My HR was in the peak zone and my lats and traps were utterly torched. Now, I can do farmer's carries w/ 45# in each hand and pinch plates with the 25# but holding it front of me for the distance was a different ballgame. For the race I need to be able to do 40-50#, so first I need to measure next time I carry to get a baseline and then work up from there.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, soror said:

What a beautiful day, so did you get any walking shoes? I need some new Merrell trail runner's myself.

20 min HIIT done and then I did a bucket carry. I am aiming for .25 miles but didn't measure it (which was rather stupid). I loaded my bucket with 20# and walked up and down the hills between our house and the inlaws twice. My HR was in the peak zone and my lats and traps were utterly torched. Now, I can do farmer's carries w/ 45# in each hand and pinch plates with the 25# but holding it front of me for the distance was a different ballgame. For the race I need to be able to do 40-50#, so first I need to measure next time I carry to get a baseline and then work up from there.

That sounds incredibly hard!

I need to check out sales for Brooks, which I usually use for NW.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

That sounds incredibly hard!

I need to check out sales for Brooks, which I usually use for NW.

Good idea, I need to watch for sales too. My last trail runners have holes in them and I need to get some so I can break them in in.

Lifting done at the gym. Moved up to 40# on my bent over rows, I've been stuck on 35# FOREVER. 3 sets- 8; Pull-ups & negs from stool, landmine deadlift, IYT, bent over row; 2x10 hanging leg lifts (would have done a 3rd but I was out of time) No farmer's carries since I did carries this am.

• Like 2

And on the rec. from another fitness forum I found another obstacle race within driving distance and signed up, this one the whole family (minus dh) will be doing. The older 2 kids and I the 5k and the younger 2 the .5 mile race. It is on March 14, 11 weeks, I don't expect to be running the full 5k by then and doing it with the kids I'm not sure dd1 will be able (she doesn't hardly run at all but has some cardio fitness from biking and TKD) but it will be good practice for my body and mind.

Today is yoga(20 min) and HIIT (30 min)- I may go into the BUTI class this afternoon if it is going, maybe.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely Nordic Walk this morning on the beach. I'm now about to do some yoga. Lovely peaceful day. I went to a remarkably pleasant sale at a shoe shop this morning - the customers were calm and the staff very cheerful. I bought some boots for work and some Merrells for every day.

Sounds like you had a really nice and relaxing day--that's wonderful!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, soror said:

Good idea, I need to watch for sales too. My last trail runners have holes in them and I need to get some so I can break them in in.

Lifting done at the gym. Moved up to 40# on my bent over rows, I've been stuck on 35# FOREVER. 3 sets- 8; Pull-ups & negs from stool, landmine deadlift, IYT, bent over row; 2x10 hanging leg lifts (would have done a 3rd but I was out of time) No farmer's carries since I did carries this am.

Feels good to move up weight!  I really have to focus during bent over rows to make sure I'm doing the right thing with my shoulder blades.  When you farmer carry, do you track distance or time or what?  I did it yesterday since I finally have enough weight now but wasn't sure how far or long to go for.

• Like 3

I certainly enjoyed using my dumbbells yesterday even though I had to work around not having any 5lb plates.  My husband contacted the seller and they reordered, so hopefully they'll be here soon.  It was awesome to be able to squat heavier and to do moves like deadlift that I wasn't able to before.  Also, my weight is down to 138.4, a new low, so feeling pretty good today!  It's weird how at a lower weight every pound makes such a big difference.  I could feel it in my hips and my mom made several comments over Christmas about how much slimmer I am. 

Today: kettlebell swings and shoulder presses.  Potentially a jog this afternoon if I need a break from sibling bickering.  Foodwise, y'all, I have to recommend a recipe: Sweet and Spicy Tuna.  I've been putting this stuff on my lunchtime salad like crazy.  So good.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, soror said:

And on the rec. from another fitness forum I found another obstacle race within driving distance and signed up, this one the whole family (minus dh) will be doing. The older 2 kids and I the 5k and the younger 2 the .5 mile race. It is on March 14, 11 weeks, I don't expect to be running the full 5k by then and doing it with the kids I'm not sure dd1 will be able (she doesn't hardly run at all but has some cardio fitness from biking and TKD) but it will be good practice for my body and mind.

Today is yoga(20 min) and HIIT (30 min)- I may go into the BUTI class this afternoon if it is going, maybe.

I think it's really smart to do an earlier race as prep for the big one.  And to have the fam involved is great!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I Also, my weight is down to 138.4, a new low, so feeling pretty good today!  It's weird how at a lower weight every pound makes such a big difference.  I could feel it in my hips and my mom made several comments over Christmas about how much slimmer I am. 

Congratulations! I'm about a kilo above my norm at present, and it's all in my belly. As you say, it's odd to be able to pinpoint it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Feels good to move up weight!  I really have to focus during bent over rows to make sure I'm doing the right thing with my shoulder blades.  When you farmer carry, do you track distance or time or what?  I did it yesterday since I finally have enough weight now but wasn't sure how far or long to go for.

In my program I have 25 meter carries and 50 meter carries, in the gym my space is limited and I'm not used to metric so I count steps. And yes on the rows, very easy to do wrong I have to watch it.

7 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I certainly enjoyed using my dumbbells yesterday even though I had to work around not having any 5lb plates.  My husband contacted the seller and they reordered, so hopefully they'll be here soon.  It was awesome to be able to squat heavier and to do moves like deadlift that I wasn't able to before.  Also, my weight is down to 138.4, a new low, so feeling pretty good today!  It's weird how at a lower weight every pound makes such a big difference.  I could feel it in my hips and my mom made several comments over Christmas about how much slimmer I am. 

Today: kettlebell swings and shoulder presses.  Potentially a jog this afternoon if I need a break from sibling bickering.  Foodwise, y'all, I have to recommend a recipe: Sweet and Spicy Tuna.  I've been putting this stuff on my lunchtime salad like crazy.  So good.

I am so excited for you, new equipment is fun and getting to try and new moves, even better. Congrats on the pound, I know it was hard won. Thank you for the rec, I always love her recipes.

4 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I think it's really smart to do an earlier race as prep for the big one.  And to have the fam involved is great!

Ya, I told dh I think the kids will love it and it will be as much about mental prep for me as physical. I know I'll still have nerves but hoping for a little less if I put myself out there and do more. I'm planning to do a trail run locally too, that is in April, it was my first race and I did ok, ran the whole time but felt terrible my nerves were so bad.

• Like 2

I'm holding steady on weight but am slimming down a hair, I've noticed my pants are a bit looser. My mil made a comment of how I needed to stop losing weight and I told her honestly I've not lost anymore. I lost weight in my belly first and now it has been the same for months my hips and thighs have been losing some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soror said:

I'm holding steady on weight but am slimming down a hair, I've noticed my pants are a bit looser. My mil made a comment of how I needed to stop losing weight and I told her honestly I've not lost anymore. I lost weight in my belly first and now it has been the same for months my hips and thighs have been losing some.

My mom said this to me yesterday.  It's such a weird comment and I wasn't sure how to feel about it! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

My mom said this to me yesterday.  It's such a weird comment and I wasn't sure how to feel about it! 

With my MIL I took it as a compliment because it is the closest I'll get 🙂 I took it as an acknowledgement that my effort was noticeable, sometimes you wonder if anyone else sees it. You know comments about women's weight are so weird in our culture anyway and MIL certainly has a warped relationship with it. It in no way shapes what I'll do though. I told dh I feel good doing what I'm doing and have fitness goals that have nothing to do with size, the size and body change is just a side effect. I'm going to do what I'm doing because I enjoy it, we'll see what happens. I'm not really aiming to lose weight and am not really eating at a deficit but am looking to get stronger, more agile, and greater endurance.

• Like 2

On the plus side of people commenting about body weight, at least they are looking at you and noticing things. 😉  At my extended family function I felt invisible. Yes, I was stressed to the max and wasn't feeling upbeat at all, but all I felt were glares from some people. It was awful. My sil had on this crazy elf "costume" and when I asked her what the story was behind it she basically told me to f off. I left very soon after that and walked home.  Not a great Christmas with the big family. It was a really sweet Christmas with just our own gang, though. 😍 

Yesterday dh, myself and our 4 dc went to an Escape Room and we did it!! It was a really fun experience. Last year was our first time trying it out, and we didn't quite finish, but this year we rocked. 

Hope you all had a better Christmas than we did. It was nice to find some sweet moments tucked around all the grief and stress, though. 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, wintermom said:

On the plus side of people commenting about body weight, at least they are looking at you and noticing things. 😉  At my extended family function I felt invisible. Yes, I was stressed to the max and wasn't feeling upbeat at all, but all I felt were glares from some people. It was awful. My sil had on this crazy elf "costume" and when I asked her what the story was behind it she basically told me to f off. I left very soon after that and walked home.  Not a great Christmas with the big family. It was a really sweet Christmas with just our own gang, though. 😍 

Yesterday dh, myself and our 4 dc went to an Escape Room and we did it!! It was a really fun experience. Last year was our first time trying it out, and we didn't quite finish, but this year we rocked. 

Hope you all had a better Christmas than we did. It was nice to find some sweet moments tucked around all the grief and stress, though. 

Kudos on finishing the escape room!! We only tried one and didn't make it.

I'm sorry your family were jerks, that is miserable. Seems some people just talk about the Christmas spirit. I'm so sorry you were stressed and weren't given the grace you needed. We just had dh's family Christmas so far (my family was sick so it will be tomorrow). I always feel out of place there. We've been married 20 yrs yet I still don't feel really part of things or really welcome. No one asked about dd2, which seemed to be quite rude to me. And I HATE HATE HATE the gift exchange for so many reasons. I kept my nose in a book half the time. I figured if people can play on their phones I can read a book. 

HIIT and yoga/stretching done.

Tried a smoothie bowl for breakfast (my first)- pureed beet, raspberries, nf greek yogurt and enough almond milk to make it smooth. Stirred in gf rolled oats and let it set, topped w/ unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped pecans. It was an odd sensation eating something pureed but the oats, cconut, and pecans gave it some texture. It was not really sweet with nothing in it being sweetened, that took me back a bit but I enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, soror said:

Kudos on finishing the escape room!! We only tried one and didn't make it.

I'm sorry your family were jerks, that is miserable. Seems some people just talk about the Christmas spirit. I'm so sorry you were stressed and weren't given the grace you needed. We just had dh's family Christmas so far (my family was sick so it will be tomorrow). I always feel out of place there. We've been married 20 yrs yet I still don't feel really part of things or really welcome. No one asked about dd2, which seemed to be quite rude to me. And I HATE HATE HATE the gift exchange for so many reasons. I kept my nose in a book half the time. I figured if people can play on their phones I can read a book. 

HIIT and yoga/stretching done.

Tried a smoothie bowl for breakfast (my first)- pureed beet, raspberries, nf greek yogurt and enough almond milk to make it smooth. Stirred in gf rolled oats and let it set, topped w/ unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped pecans. It was an odd sensation eating something pureed but the oats, cconut, and pecans gave it some texture. It was not really sweet with nothing in it being sweetened, that took me back a bit but I enjoyed it. 

So sorry you have this kind of experience. ((hugs))  Yes, I know exactly what it feels like to know the in-laws for 20+ years and still feel invisible. That's my life at family dinners, except we have them every freaking Sunday. 😰  We have opted out of the family gift exchange for several years now, and got some initial backlash from a sil but it was absolutely the right thing to do for us. 

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, wintermom said:

I'm so sorry this happened and that in general it was such a tough holiday.  You don't deserve to be treated like that.  Grr!

• Like 3

Did my kettlebell workout and jog yesterday, going to lift and jog again today hopefully. 

Speaking of family gatherings, yesterday I went to visit some cousins of mine that I hadn't seen in a couple years and got a lot of comments, ranging from "you're withering away!" to "can I hire you to be my bodyguard?!"  Lol.  At one point, they wanted to know if I did any special diet (my fam are all overweight reaching back multiple generations).  When I said no, just eating healthy, not too much, focusing on protein and veggies, they immediately and utterly lost interest.  They wanted a miracle diet with a trendy name and did not want to bother listening to anything about eating well/less and moving more.  Which was cool bc I didn't want to talk about it anyway, but it was really crazy to see that switch turn off when I didn't say keto or TrimHealthyWhatever.  They were all very complimentary in general, though.

Hope y'all all have a good day!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Did my kettlebell workout and jog yesterday, going to lift and jog again today hopefully. 

Speaking of family gatherings, yesterday I went to visit some cousins of mine that I hadn't seen in a couple years and got a lot of comments, ranging from "you're withering away!" to "can I hire you to be my bodyguard?!"  Lol.  At one point, they wanted to know if I did any special diet (my fam are all overweight reaching back multiple generations).  When I said no, just eating healthy, not too much, focusing on protein and veggies, they immediately and utterly lost interest.  They wanted a miracle diet with a trendy name and did not want to bother listening to anything about eating well/less and moving more.  Which was cool bc I didn't want to talk about it anyway, but it was really crazy to see that switch turn off when I didn't say keto or TrimHealthyWhatever.  They were all very complimentary in general, though.

Hope y'all all have a good day!

LOL, no fads or gimmics, just sticking with it over the long haul. I try not to talk about such things either, unless someone is interested and brings it up themselves, it is awkward and usually comes up preachy and judgy no matter what you say. 

Lifting today- doing MM lower body + pullup program after my last class

• Like 3

Dh and I are celebrating our 23rd Wedding Anniversary today! We are playing tennis with our good friends, and having a steak dinner at our favourite restaurant. And it's sunny outside! Possibly the "calm before the winter storm."  I could be buried alive by Monday. Hope the internet still works! 😁

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Dh and I are celebrating our 23rd Wedding Anniversary today! We are playing tennis with our good friends, and having a steak dinner at our favourite restaurant. And it's sunny outside! Possibly the "calm before the winter storm."  I could be buried alive by Monday. Hope the internet still works! 😁

Happy Anniversary, I hope it is a wonderful one for you and you are NOT buried alive!!!

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Did some yoga for back and hips. My back is feeling really good. Planning a coastal hike with Husband and Hobbes this afternoon - it won't be hard, but should be a three or four mile amble. Getting back to eating the things I like, which feels good.

Routines are a beautiful thing. It is amazing how just moving keeps away so many aches and pains. The body is made to move. Enjoy your hike.

Morning Meltdown Lower Body done and Upper Body work (band asstd. pullups, inverted rows w/ straps- feet on bench, bent over row, and pushups) - 50 min total- 

No more official exercise planned until Monday when I start my LAST week of Morning Meltdown and continue on with everything else.

Today we celebrate Christmas with my family, which is just my parents, my brother, sil, and nephews, and niece. Mom is doing a bunch of snack food. I need to make something for me as hardly anything there will be GF except rotel dip which is not my favorite. I want some kale 'chips" (the recipe in my new cookbook is amazing) but that isn't enough on its own. Baked eggplant sounds good but I don't have eggplant in the frig (or the desire to drive the 30 min round trip to get it). We'll see if I can think of anything worth the effort, otherwise I'll just pack leftovers.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, soror said:

Happy Anniversary, I hope it is a wonderful one for you and you are NOT buried alive!!!

Routines are a beautiful thing. It is amazing how just moving keeps away so many aches and pains. The body is made to move. Enjoy your hike.

Morning Meltdown Lower Body done and Upper Body work (band asstd. pullups, inverted rows w/ straps- feet on bench, bent over row, and pushups) - 50 min total- 

No more official exercise planned until Monday when I start my LAST week of Morning Meltdown and continue on with everything else.

Today we celebrate Christmas with my family, which is just my parents, my brother, sil, and nephews, and niece. Mom is doing a bunch of snack food. I need to make something for me as hardly anything there will be GF except rotel dip which is not my favorite. I want some kale 'chips" (the recipe in my new cookbook is amazing) but that isn't enough on its own. Baked eggplant sounds good but I don't have eggplant in the frig (or the desire to drive the 30 min round trip to get it). We'll see if I can think of anything worth the effort, otherwise I'll just pack leftovers.

Thanks for the well wishes (anniversary AND storm)! 😉

I love the "Morning Meltdown" name. I have a completely different meaning for the term, but that's beside the point. Mine includes more screaming, whining and crying than yours probably does - hopefully. 😂

All the best at your Christmas celebration! I've found a favourite few gf snack items that make ME happy (after that, who cares!). Carmel popcorn, smoked salmon, pickles, fried mushrooms and eggplant, sushi (little ones with cucumber), and procsiutto. It's all "candy" to me. I'd have to pack all of it and stand guard over a couple items, and ignore the negative comments about a few things. 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wintermom said:

I love the "Morning Meltdown" name. I have a completely different meaning for the term, but that's beside the point. Mine includes more screaming, whining and crying than yours probably does - hopefully. 😂

All the best at your Christmas celebration! I've found a favourite few gf snack items that make ME happy (after that, who cares!). Carmel popcorn, smoked salmon, pickles, fried mushrooms and eggplant, sushi (little ones with cucumber), and procsiutto. It's all "candy" to me. I'd have to pack all of it and stand guard over a couple items, and ignore the negative comments about a few things. 😁

Oh man, you sound like a snacker after my own heart!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Oh no! You've turned into a Polar Bear! 🥶

Bring warm, warm, warm things. Lots of warm things! Do you have a wet or dry suit to swim in? Please say yes!!

Nope. Most people don't. Husband is coming to watch and make sure I don't die. Because of the Gulf Stream, the water temperature isn't too bad. It's around 9 degrees C at present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Nope. Most people don't. Husband is coming to watch and make sure I don't die. Because of the Gulf Stream, the water temperature isn't too bad. It's around 9 degrees C at present.

That's 48 degrees F!!!!!!!!!!!   I can't even bear the cold springs here in my town and they are consistently 70!!!!!!!!!!  Laura!!!!!!!

And another ! for good measure, lol.

Seriously though, you are amazing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

That's 48 degrees F!!!!!!!!!!!   I can't even bear the cold springs here in my town and they are consistently 70!!!!!!!!!!  Laura!!!!!!!

And another ! for good measure, lol.

Seriously though, you are amazing.

We'll see. It might not happen or it might never happen again.

• Like 1

Ok, so you aren't thinking about swimming off the coast of Newfoundland, with the icebergs. It's still friggin' cold!!!!  Tell me you are at least having some major hot flashes to help off-set the icy water. 😉

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2

I'm majorly impressed you even signed up, you are a tough cookie. Good for you, way to go after your goal, please report when you come back. 

7 hours ago, FarmingMomma said:

I finished week 4 of 80 day obsession, so phase 1 is done!  Also lots of sledding and outdoor play going on here 🙂

Congrats on phase 1 completed. Do you have lots of snow there? WE've had 60s-70s this week, so no snow.

10 hours ago, wintermom said:

Oh, great snack ideas. I ended up just making a salad, hopefully I can remember these ideas next time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soror said:

I'm majorly impressed you even signed up, you are a tough cookie. Good for you, way to go after your goal, please report when you come back. 

Congrats on phase 1 completed. Do you have lots of snow there? WE've had 60s-70s this week, so no snow.

Oh, great snack ideas. I ended up just making a salad, hopefully I can remember these ideas next time

Yes we have probably a foot or so of snow

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FarmingMomma said:

Wow, 1 ft of snow is a very, very rare occurrence here.

I'm considering doing an actual OCR training program, IDK, I have 1 more week of current plans so I need to decide what I want to do next, I keep changing my mind. I was looking on my OCR group for rec's and checking out some of those- looking at samples- very high volume, so much incline work and running, on the plus size they are simple. Now, of course they rec. to work up to it and do what you can but wow. 

examples workouts:

1: Treadmill x 15% incline x 7min, strict pull-ups (no kipping) x 10, lunges x 40, pull-ups x 5, treadmill w/no incline x 7min, repeat exercises, 15% incline x 6min, repeat exercises, no incline x 6min, repeat exercises, 15% x 5min, repeat exercises, no incline x 5min, repeat exercises, 15% x 4min, repeat exercises, no incline x 4min, repeat exercises.

3:

• Aerobic training zone pace run x 7min – transition to tempo pace run x 3min
  • lunges x 100
  • farmer’s walk x 90sec,
  • pull-up x 1, 5sec hang – continue repeating until forced to drop
  • farmer’s walk x 60sec
  • pull-up x 1, 5sec hang – continue repeating until forced to drop
  • This completes 1 round – continue repeating for 6 rounds.
  • Once you complete the 6 rounds move on to the 2nd phase of the session:
  • Towel hang for max time, rest x 20sec, continue repeating until you’re not able to hang for longer than 5sec, move the rest period to 30sec and continue until you’re no longer able to hang for longer than 5sec.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soror said:

I'm considering doing an actual OCR training program,

Remind me what OCR stands for. Do you do these exercises all on your own or with a group of people? I'd definitely need a group atmosphere to commit to this, but perhaps you find it really fun to do on your own. 

• Like 1

Howdy!  I made it to the 4-hour TKD camp and passed another belt test.  4 hours were hard on my body as I'm so out of shape.  But I am really glad I went - not only did I pass the test, but the teacher said it was my best belt test yet, which was nice to hear.  It probably helped that I did the form alone and at my own pace.  Trying to keep pace with others can be really distracting for me.

I hope I am sufficiently inspired to get back into a good exercise routine.  I have been a mess lately.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FarmingMomma said:

Will your snow stay around for weeks or does it tend to melt pretty quickly.  Our ground is so cold that even rain on top of our snow doesn't melt it. We need a fresh dump of snow so we can ski and snowshoe. I'm not sure what the storm that's forecast will be. Could be freezing rain, which will not be fun.

• Like 1