Menu

How do you use The Great Courses for credit

I just subscribed to Great Courses Plus and would like to use Understanding Greek and Roman Technology for World History along with maybe another. My son would probably like American military History also because he wants to go into the military. He's in 9th grade and he loves documentaries so I'd like to try this route for History. We were using MUS Ancients but it's not working. We need more than what it offers. He loves History but learns so much by visually seeing things. How have you used The Great courses for history credit? Thank you!

I think it's up to you. You can use it as part of a course where you do other things - have a textbook, readings, etc. that you choose and the lectures are a supplemental part of the course. Or, most of them have readings and questions included in the pdf book - you can just have him go through the lectures and do the readings and answer the questions so you're basically just using the course.

• Like 1

I use them as you would a textbook (sort of).  The questions in the guide can be hit or miss, so I may or may not use them.  I don't consider them to be sufficient as stand alone courses, but they are great to use as a supplement or a spine that is supplemented.

Edited by EKS
  • Like 1