Menu

S/O: Actors you won't watch, can't stand, etc....

DawnM

6 minutes ago, aaplank said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jack Nicholson. He creeps me out!  He seems to be revoltingly lecherous and full of himself. He also plays the same type of character in every movie I've seen him in. I just don't get it. 

I also said upthread that he plays the same character in every movie but it probably got lost in my rambling post. I can watch movies with him but they're not usually my choice. 

31 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I also said upthread that he plays the same character in every movie but it probably got lost in my rambling post. I can watch movies with him but they're not usually my choice. 

Sorry, I should've read the previous posts more carefully.  It's nice to know someone else feels the same way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaplank said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jack Nicholson. He creeps me out!  He seems to be revoltingly lecherous and full of himself. He also plays the same type of character in every movie I've seen him in. I just don't get it. 

I think that is typical of Hollywood/American films though.  Actors, at least the big name ones, seem always to play a very similar sort of person, and in every film they just play this one character.  So you have Tom Cruise Films, Jack Black films, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluegoat said:

I think that is typical of Hollywood/American films though.  Actors, at least the big name ones, seem always to play a very similar sort of person, and in every film they just play this one character.  So you have Tom Cruise Films, Jack Black films, etc.

I was just talking to someone about this yesterday. I saw “Knives Out” (a new movie) and one of the characters is played by Captain America. But in this movie, the character is a total jerk who is selfish and doesn’t care about anyone. I thought to myself that the actor must have loved getting a chance to play a completely different type of character from his Captain America character.

• Like 2