Menu

FDS type spray gift box.....WHO would you give this to????

Ottakee

Yesterday at a big box store I was walking around and in a display of holiday gift packages by the health and beauty stuff was a feminine hygiene spray gift box🤔

Not sure WHO you would give this to....or how the receiver would/should respond.  One of those gifts that makes you go????  

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

Ok, that's hysterical. I would have ended up forgetting to buy half the stuff on my list as I obsessed about who on earth would buy that!

And i'm someone who outed herself as having a can of the stuff - used very occasionally. But as a gift?!? I mean, yeah, Santa has brought those Old Spice gift packs of deodorant and such to my DH for christmas, but that's a bit different I think. 

Maybe next will be a Kotex gift basket? Although..that might be pretty useful!

• Haha 4

I guess if I knew someone who used the stuff and I knew they would appreciate a gift of it.  

This isn't the same thing, but 30+ years ago when my sister was an Avon lady, she gave me an Avon shipping box (about the size of a box of printer paper) full of all the Avon personal care products she knew I used. I was newly divorced, living in a dumpy apartment which was all I could afford at the time, making little money... that gift was awesome. So I guess if I knew someone who used a particular product and would appreciate a practical gift, I'd buy it, even if it seemed like something odd to me.  

I'd still do a double-take if I saw that in a gift set in a store though. And I pity the man who buys it for the woman in his life, unless, again, he knows she loves the stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was someone on a fb group that was insisting on giving their 13 year old niece a gift basket of handmade, re-usable feminine supplies for Christmas. I was arguing strongly that this was a *terrible* gift to give a 13 year old girl, in front of her entire family. Got kicked out of the group for it, too! (Sorry 13 year old, where ever you are! I tried!). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am all for practical gifts and think a box of HBA stuff, laundry soap, etc can be a very helpful gift.

This one though in special.gift set just made me really wonder.

And NO a 13 year old girl should not be gifted feminine products at Christmas.  Privately, sure, but NOT in front of relatives, even her brothers or father.  Just NO.

1 hour ago, MissLemon said:

There was someone on a fb group that was insisting on giving their 13 year old niece a gift basket of handmade, re-usable feminine supplies for Christmas. I was arguing strongly that this was a *terrible* gift to give a 13 year old girl, in front of her entire family. Got kicked out of the group for it, too! (Sorry 13 year old, where ever you are! I tried!). 

As someone who was SO easily mortified as a teen, I thank you for your valiant attempt!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Yesterday at a big box store I was walking around and in a display of holiday gift packages by the health and beauty stuff was a feminine hygiene spray gift box🤔

Not sure WHO you would give this to....or how the receiver would/should respond.  One of those gifts that makes you go????  

I'm in a really rude, snarky mood, because when I thought of "who would you give this to?", my first reaction was "My SIL, because she's such a tw@t". 

(I'm definitely not getting into heaven at this rate)

• Haha 5

On 11/26/2019 at 9:11 PM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

OMG I’m dying. I clicked on this thread thinking it was about flowers- you know, a floral delivery service and spray or flowers. Miss Lemon, you just made my day though.😂

and I’m having flash backs to the commercial with “ FDS woman” from the 80’s that I had no idea were still lodged in my brain. 

Me too. Up until exactly this point, I'm thinking it's pads & tampons "arrayed" like a spray of flowers.

Duh. Spray cans.

That is a horrifyingly funny gift. I need to tell my sister about it for a wild Xmas party she attends. It would be perfect!!!

• Haha 1