Menu

Travel bug sites?

Murphy101

I’m wondering if anyone else bitten by the travel bug would like to share their favorite websites or tips for planning trips?

I have TripAdvisor and viator down. Any others? 

I’m on a snorkel FB group that’s helpful. 

And a local dive club lets me ask questions too. 

I don’t want to do a tour package.  After Expedia craziness this last trip, I won’t use them to book a trip ever again. But otherwise I’m happiest choosing my own places and scheduling my own time.

Where do you chat about trip planning? I think I’ve asked before but I’m trying again in hopes of more input. 😊

• Like 1

I use TripAdvisor for Hotel Reviews and   begin there when ready to make a reservation. However, as with ANY reviews you read online, read a lot of them and try to weed out the ones that are false. I believe a large percentage of Reviews on Trip Advisor and Amazon and other web sites are false.

I am on the  (Free) email mailing list from ScottsCheapFlights which sends an email occasionally about very low cost airline fares they think will be available for  1 or 2 days.

For airline flights, I begin on Google Flights and when ready to book, they transfer me to the web site of the airline involved to make the reservation and purchase.

I occasionally look at Kayak.com for their Xplore or Explore and I believe Google Flights also has a feature like that.

In general, if you look at more than 2 or 3 web sites, you will go nuts, so find the one(s) that you like the best and stick with them and learn how to use them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanny said:

I use TripAdvisor for Hotel Reviews and   begin there when ready to make a reservation. However, as with ANY reviews you read online, read a lot of them and try to weed out the ones that are false. I believe a large percentage of Reviews on Trip Advisor and Amazon and other web sites are false.

I am on the  (Free) email mailing list from ScottsCheapFlights which sends an email occasionally about very low cost airline fares they think will be available for  1 or 2 days.

For airline flights, I begin on Google Flights and when ready to book, they transfer me to the web site of the airline involved to make the reservation and purchase.

I occasionally look at Kayak.com for their Xplore or Explore and I believe Google Flights also has a feature like that.

In general, if you look at more than 2 or 3 web sites, you will go nuts, so find the one(s) that you like the best and stick with them and learn how to use them

I was just thinking of you while I was searching for info on the Islas of Rosario/Cartagena. LOL

Edited by Murphy101