Menu

What's with the ads?

Elizabeth86

Christmas gifts for 6 & 8 year old boys

What are your boys this age getting or wanting for Christmas.  All I'm hearing so far is a Nintendo switch and Legos which is all fine, BUT I don't want all their gifts to be video games and Legos.  Family members are asking me too, so I need ideas.  

I gave them rolls of duct tape . . . . it was purely mercenary.  I wanted them to leave mine alone.

would they do beading for zipper pulls?  - backpacks, jackets, etc.  they can make dragon's, allegators, etc.  

mad libs

dvds

games

• Like 1

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

I gave them rolls of duct tape . . . . it was purely mercenary.  I wanted them to leave mine alone.

would they do beading for zipper pulls?  - backpacks, jackets, etc.  they can make dragon's, allegators, etc.  

mad libs

dvds

games

My boys LOVE mad libs.  Great idea!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

One of my boys favorite stocking stuffers!!

Our sons were around that old when dh gave them a metal detector. He buried ancient coins shallowly in our backyard, then they went "detecting" for treasure. After they found the coins, the coins soaked in olive oil for a week, then they were scrubbed with wire brushes. Dad is interested in archeoligy and got them interested this way, too. 

• Like 1

One of the best loved gifts I've given for boys that age is a rock/minerals collection and magnifying glass.

3 hours ago, LMD said:

One of the best loved gifts I've given for boys that age is a rock/minerals collection and magnifying glass.

This is what my almost 7 year old is getting this year. He is going to love it.

Other things he'll be getting. Science kits, clay so he can do stop motion videos, a flash light, communal foosball table(because we got it for free,) and Legos.