Menu

What's with the ads?

JumpyTheFrog

CLE or Other Workbook Type Science?

I am looking for high school level science that is set up more like a workbook or CLE Light Unit. I can get my 8th grade son to read a science textbook, but doing a few pages of end of the chapter problems will probably overwhelm him, partially due to a negative experience with Novare Physical Science in 7th grade.  He is the type of boy who'd best enjoy reading a stack of books about a topic, but I'd like something with premade tests. So I was thinking perhaps a "get it done" type program as a spine, plus a workbook, and reading other books and writing occasional summaries about them.

Any ideas? I am open to any science subject. I am also open to combining various books and workbooks, as long as I can find tests made by someone else.

You might want to look at Master Books science courses.  The texts are quite interesting and they have General Science I (Ocean, Astronomy, Weather, and Mineral) and General Science II (Geology, Cave, Fossil, Archaelogy).  Since the workbook/teacher guides  with quizzes and tests are pretty inexpensive, you can mix and match which books you would like to do.  We switched to this after a dismal eight weeks struggling through Novare Introductory Physics.  If you want labs, they have suggestions on the website. 

• Like 1

I saw that Singapore Math sells/sold Biology Matters, Chemistry Matters, and Physics Matters. Does anyone have any experience with these?