Menu

Still possible to delete AP score?

yvonne

I'm almost sure it used to be possible to delete an AP score, but now I only see options to withhold or cancel a score.

My dd took an AP as a 9th grader (got a 3). Retook the same AP this past May as an 11th grader and got a 5. No additional study or official "AP" class in that subject, so no new "AP X" course on her transcript.

I'd rather delete than withhold the earlier score. Is it still possible to delete an AP score?

same boat here. only 3 he's had. got 3 in 9th, retook in 10th got a 5. we opted to make this course for 10th grade and deleted it as a 9th grade offering.

when we tried to cancel the score it seemed to not specify a particular sitting. and i didn't want his 5 to get cancelled either. so for now, we've just left it and self-reported it. but we're in middle of applications, so idea if this is the best solution.

so following...

• Like 1

I guess the only reason I'd rather delete than cancel is that cancelling involves sending in a hard copy form & who knows how long that will take. I wanted to try to delete asap so I could send the other scores to the college she really wants to attend.

And I know AP scores are self-reported on apps and that the student doesn't have to send official score reports until after acceptance, if then, but we'd still like to send her other AP scores to this one college now. 🙂

I don't think so. IIRC, my sons just self-reported. We didn't send AP scores until they'd decided which school they were going to attend. Then we sent all AP scores to that school.

59 minutes ago, mirabillis said:

do most colleges want official AP score reports early in the process? just wondering... this one hasn't been on our radar... my ds has sent sat/act reports to a gaggle of ones he's applied to already with self-reporting AP scores. should we be thinking of sending official AP scores on?

I think there isn't a mechanism for cancelling the score, because AP scores are always self-reported.  If you are concerned that a particular college has an application that doesn't offer a way to self-report, you could always include the scores on the transcript (ex. in a separate box).  Or you could include a discussion of Advanced Placement and how it fit into your student's experience in your counselor letter or school profile and slip the scores in there.

I don't think there is a need for you to send an official score report to a college at application time.  I'm not sure they would know what to do with it if they received it.  In other words, I'm not sure that getting an official report would be any more compelling than the self-reported scores.

• Thanks 1