Menu

What's with the ads?

Plum

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Curriculum Sales?

I've been tracking these every year and these sites USUALLY have sales. So far I have...
Bravewriter - confirmed
Well Trained Mind - currently has digital on sale
Oak Meadow - 20%?
Pandia Press - usually 30-40% off
Blossom and Root - 30% off
Build Your Library
Evan-Moor Ebooks

Amazon usually offer a $5 coupon for any book.

anyone know or can confirm any others? I've been eyeing Oak Meadow for high school. 

• Like 2

Right Start is having a Cyber Monday sale. The email says, "Selected Books will be 35% off, selected Kits will be 30% off and selected Manipulatives will be 25% off."

• Like 3

MasterBooks will have having some sort of Cyber Monday sale, not sure the exact amount. 

• Like 1

Also, thank you for this! Last year I got a fantastic timeline from Pandia Press during the sale. 

• Like 3

Critical Thinking Co. 

Free Shipping + 30% Off
Any Order Over $45! | Coupon: THANKS19

Up to 50% Off Software! 
SHOP ALL: WIN/MAC SOFTWARE » | WINDOWS SOFTWARE » 

Items already on sale! Use coupon THANKS19

if you sign up for their emails, you might catch the BOGO or 50% off sales they have  twice a year. 

• Like 2

Math Mammoth - 25% off until Dec 1. 

• Like 1

I got an email about a black Friday sale from Thinkwell from Thanksgiving through cyber Monday but it didn't say what the discount would be.

• Like 1

20% off at Brave Writer - store.bravewriter.com

code: celebrate19

9am Friday - 9am Saturday

They have a special Holiday Shoppe open Nov 29-Dec 31. 

They are giving $20 off the Writers Jungle online class for Cyber Monday. 

• Like 1

Classical Academic Press is having a Cyber Monday sale - 30% off individual items and 20% off full programs 

• Like 1

Guest Hollow had an announcement on Facebook:

BIG GUESTHOLLOW BLACK FRIDAY (etc.) SALE – COMING IN JANUARY! 
- WHAT!?!?

Well Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!!!!! As you all know, Guest Hollow is a NON-TRADITIONAL curriculum company… So we thought to ourselves… HEY, why not have a NON-TRADITIONAL Black Friday Sale? In fact, let’s cut our customers a break and not even have our big sale on Black Friday at all?
+
I don’t know about you but we have been absolutely deluged with companies trying to sell us a plethora of Christmas gifts. Advertisements about “Black Friday”, “Cyber Monday” and “Small Business Saturday” have filled our screens and mailbox for weeks now. To be honest, we’re kinda sick of it. 😉 
+
Soooooooo… this year we decided not to be part of your annual holiday problem. While you are budgeting in Thanksgiving food, Christmas gifts, a trip to Grandma’s, and your normal day-to-day expenses, perhaps it would be good to get a little breathing room and NOT have to buy your homeschool curriculum at the same time… does this make sense? I HOPE SO! 😀 
+
Anyway, here is the scoop… Instead of making you sit down and try to figure out a way to budget in next semester’s Guest Hollow goodies NOW, we are going to let 2020 get here and have our gigantic sale during the first week or so in January!
+
Here is how the big Guest Hollow wintertime sale will work: 
On Black Friday we will release a coupon code, but it WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED until January First! You can then return to GuestHollow.com in early January and place your orders just as if it was Black Friday/Cyber Monday/ Small Business Saturday, save a bundle of money, not break your Christmas budget on curriculum at exactly the worst time of year, and generally do all of the above in a relaxed fashion.
+
I hope you guys will like this, it will give you time to look over GuestHollow.com, read some reviews, do a little investigation and make your buying decisions AT YOUR LEISURE for the next month or so and then when January rolls around (and the holiday madness is behind you) the Guest Hollow sale will start and you will still reap the rewards of our giant traditional Black Friday sale.
+
We’d love to hear your feedback on this so please DO let us know what you think below…

• Like 2

As a small token of our thanks, we'll be having a sale in our bookstore this weekend from November 29 through December 2. In addition to 20% off our K-12 curriculum, we're going to be offering discounts up to 30% on craft items, resource books, and Oak Meadow merchandise, as well as 50% off The Heart of Learning.

We hope that, with this sale, you're able to brighten up the holidays with a great educational gift, or maybe find a resource to give you a little extra confidence as a home teacher.

It all starts on Friday, so wake up from your deep post-feast sleep, and see what goodies we have in store!

Wishing you all joy, happiness, and love,
The Team at Oak Meadow
  • Like 2

Pandia Press says 15% off everything for Black Friday (Nov 29-Dec 2) -- no code needed.

Amazon has a 3-for-2 book sale right now but only on specific books.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, RootAnn said:

Pandia Press says 15% off everything for Black Friday (Nov 29-Dec 2) -- no code needed.

Amazon has a 3-for-2 book sale right now but only on specific books.

I am disappointed in Pandia Press. They have typically offered 25-30% off around this time of year. I'm going to hold off and see if they do better in their March Madness sale.

• Like 1

Rainbow Resource FB post

"What are your Black Friday sales?" is a question we hear frequently this time of year. If your inbox looks like ours, November has been full of “early Black Friday” sales, so we don't want to inundate you with one more email OR overlook the importance of Thanksgiving! But we DO want to save you some time so you can plan for your weekend shopping. So, here’s the scoop. We’ll send two sale emails – Friday and Monday. Some sales will start Friday and some Monday; most sales are several days long.
STARTS FRIDAY:
- Klutz kits - save 35% off of retail prices
- Asmodee games (Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Timeline, Spot It! Pandemic, and more) - save 20-30% off of retail
- Melissa & Doug - save 20% off of retail
- Life of Fred – save $1-4 on individual books & more on sets
- Tegu – save 25% off of retail
     … AND we’re bringing back the gift-wrapped “Mystery Stocking Stuffer” gift on orders of $75 or more for the whole weekend (or while supplies last). 
Hopefully this helps you with your shopping plans! But more importantly, we hope that you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Our office and warehouse will be closed on Friday so our staff can spend time with their families, but we will be back to help you on Monday the 2nd!

Amazon's $5 off book code is only valid on eBooks! I only do physical books. And, of course, the books dd wants (Princess in Black and Hamster Princess series) are not part of the 3 for 2 deal. Argh!!!

Does anyone recall if Cyber Monday will be a better bet anywhere? It seems like Black Friday/Cyber Monday have been rolling together this year.

https://www.getepic.com

This is an app that has a lot of books and a lot of audiobooks.  The sale right now is 50% off, but only with a minimum of 6 months.  My son is listening to audiobooks from it all the time right now, but I’m not sure if he will still be using it 1-2 months from now, so I am passing on it.

WTM - Monday and Tuesday, save 40% on PDF and MP3 products all across our site.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:32 AM, sangtarah said:

Guest Hollow had an announcement on Facebook:

BIG GUESTHOLLOW BLACK FRIDAY (etc.) SALE – COMING IN JANUARY! 
- WHAT!?!?

Well Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!!!!! As you all know, Guest Hollow is a NON-TRADITIONAL curriculum company… So we thought to ourselves… HEY, why not have a NON-TRADITIONAL Black Friday Sale? In fact, let’s cut our customers a break and not even have our big sale on Black Friday at all?
+
I don’t know about you but we have been absolutely deluged with companies trying to sell us a plethora of Christmas gifts. Advertisements about “Black Friday”, “Cyber Monday” and “Small Business Saturday” have filled our screens and mailbox for weeks now. To be honest, we’re kinda sick of it. 😉 
+
Soooooooo… this year we decided not to be part of your annual holiday problem. While you are budgeting in Thanksgiving food, Christmas gifts, a trip to Grandma’s, and your normal day-to-day expenses, perhaps it would be good to get a little breathing room and NOT have to buy your homeschool curriculum at the same time… does this make sense? I HOPE SO! 😀 
+
Anyway, here is the scoop… Instead of making you sit down and try to figure out a way to budget in next semester’s Guest Hollow goodies NOW, we are going to let 2020 get here and have our gigantic sale during the first week or so in January!
+
Here is how the big Guest Hollow wintertime sale will work: 
On Black Friday we will release a coupon code, but it WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED until January First! You can then return to GuestHollow.com in early January and place your orders just as if it was Black Friday/Cyber Monday/ Small Business Saturday, save a bundle of money, not break your Christmas budget on curriculum at exactly the worst time of year, and generally do all of the above in a relaxed fashion.
+
I hope you guys will like this, it will give you time to look over GuestHollow.com, read some reviews, do a little investigation and make your buying decisions AT YOUR LEISURE for the next month or so and then when January rolls around (and the holiday madness is behind you) the Guest Hollow sale will start and you will still reap the rewards of our giant traditional Black Friday sale.
+
We’d love to hear your feedback on this so please DO let us know what you think below…

The funny thing is Aus has always had the main sale event after Christmas and they are now jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon