Menu

2019 edition ~ Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here..

Kareni

19 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

I found this cool site today: https://www.patentearth.com/ I'm pretty fascinated by these, and such a variety of patents!

Cool is definitely the right word! I could end up happily spending hours on that site.

I like this t-shirt. It's particularly funny to see it as I was listening to this Tom Lehrer song earlier today.

Regards,

Kareni

3 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Cool is definitely the right word! I could end up happily spending hours on that site.

I like this t-shirt. It's particularly funny to see it as I was listening to this Tom Lehrer song earlier today.

Regards,

Kareni

Your t-shirt link takes me back to this thread. But yes, I have found several things I want to order for gifts this year! (In very different fields.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Your t-shirt link takes me back to this thread.

Thanks for letting me know. I've now fixed it.

5 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

I have found several things I want to order for gifts this year! (In very different fields.)

I hope your recipients get much joy from your gifts.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kareni said:

Thanks for letting me know. I've now fixed it.

I hope your recipients get much joy from your gifts.

Regards,

Kareni

That's a great shirt!--but all I've seen on there so far are. Thanks--me too. They are unusual, and I think they will.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:09 PM, Margaret in CO said:

I have one: mealworms! Apparently ducks love them more than peas! So, mealworms are in my Amazon cart. 

It's super easy to breed them. We have a 20 gallon tank of them in our living room currently because they can eat and digest styrofoam (one of DD's side projects). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dmmetler said:

It's super easy to breed them. We have a 20 gallon tank of them in our living room currently because they can eat and digest styrofoam (one of DD's side projects). 

I've learned something today. Thank you.

3 hours ago, SusanC said:

Re-eally, I had no idea styrofoam could do anything but fill up landfills! This sounds like a great side-job, collect used styrofoam, breed mealworms, sell them to @Margaret in CO, pay for college. 

I like the way you think, SusanC!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bambam said:

I just found this Bacon Seasoning ... thinking this is a useful gift for College Girl who loves bacon. https://www.deliciou.com/collections/all-products/products/bacon-seasoning-variety-pack

Ahh, I love bacon, too. (Sadly, I've had to cut back due to high blood pressure.) I hope your daughter will enjoy it.

How about a bacon t-shirt?

Regards,

Kareni

8 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

Apparently there are Tom Lehrer T shirts 

I never would have guessed. I've now learned two new things today. I see from Wikipedia that Tom Lehrer is 91. I hope he's well and happy; his songs makes me happy. I own three CDs of his music. I particularly enjoy the ones where he introduces each song. Many of his songs are still timely; for example, Send the Marines.

8 hours ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I love Tom Lehrer, my father introduced me to him very young,  I knew all the words to all his songs from childhood.  So, thank you for that trip down memory lane.  Makes me wonder if a Tom Lehrer playlist should be in one of my kid's Christmas stockings

I say yes!

My daughter also memorized many of his songs. And my husband always introduces his Chemistry students to The Elements.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kareni said:

I never would have guessed. I've now learned two new things today. I see from Wikipedia that Tom Lehrer is 91; I hope he's well and happy; his songs makes me happy. I own three CDs of his music. I particularly enjoy the ones where he introduces each song. Many of his songs are still timely; for example, Send the Marines.

I say yes!

My daughter also memorized many of his songs. And my husband always introduces his Chemistry students to The Elements.

Regards,

Kareni

Ah! I've always used the Daniel Radcliffe versión, but I'll be playing the original at dinner tonight, for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

Something for my impossible-to-shop-for husband! I never have any idea what to get him. He holds some patents himself and I am ridiculously proud of him. 😊

I always enjoy it when someone finds a great gift due to someone else's post here. If you're so inclined, pease share what specific gift you choose for your husband; I promise not to tell him!

55 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Frostbeard Candles now has monthly, book-themed boxes. November is a Jane Austen theme...

https://www.frostbeardstudio.com/products/lit-box-november-2019-austentatious

Ooh, tempting! Thanks for sharing, alisoncooks.

Regards,

Kareni

23 hours ago, Kareni said:

I always enjoy it when someone finds a great gift due to someone else's post here. If you're so inclined, pease share what specific gift you choose for your husband; I promise not to tell him!

I am trying to decide between these two Nikola Tesla t-shirts. Hivers, which do you find more aesthetically pleasing? 🙂 

Electric Circuit Controller

Alternating Electric Current Generator

• Like 3

I can't remember if this has been recommended before but Redbubble has an enormous selection of stickers, clothing, bags, phone cases, and wall art that is created by independent artists - it is fan art heaven!

You can find stickers, etc. that relate to just about any fandom - Doctor Who, Adventure Time, The Office, Star Trek,  BTS, historical figures, literary figures, movies, TV shows - even old ones like The Andy Griffith Show or M*A*S*H,  just about anything. 

My teens really like putting stickers on their water bottles so I usually get a couple to put in their stockings or at birthdays. It's inexpensive and something that can be unique to them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mothersweets said:

I can't remember if this has been recommended before but Redbubble has an enormous selection of stickers, clothing, bags, phone cases, and wall art that is created by independent artists - it is fan art heaven!

I don't recall seeing that site before, Mothersweets, so thanks for the link. They do have some neat stuff. I like these suspicious cat socks.

2 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

I doubt the recipient will see this, so I'll post here:

THREE, not one, not two, but THREE shirts displaying the current World Series Champions! THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS!!!!

What? Why is that unique? Because the teams we like NEVER WIN!!! :laugh:

Woo hoo! It's fun when the underdog wins. I hope the recipient will enjoy those three shirts, Angie.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mothersweets said:

You can find stickers, etc. that relate to just about any fandom - Doctor Who, Adventure Time, The Office, Star Trek,  BTS, historical figures, literary figures, movies, TV shows - even old ones like The Andy Griffith Show or M*A*S*H,  just about anything. 

My teens really like putting stickers on their water bottles so I usually get a couple to put in their stockings or at birthdays. It's inexpensive and something that can be unique to them. 

I keep going back and looking up new categories; what a great site!! Thank you!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kareni said:

Banana phone

Regards,

Kareni

Now I have Raffi going through my head:

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone
I've got this feeling, so appealing
For us to get together and sing. Sing!

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding donana phone
It grows in bunches, I've got my hunches
It's the best! Beats the rest
Cellular, modular, interactivodular...

🍌☎️😊
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, katilac said:

Do you find their clothing sizes to be pretty standard? Like if you usually wear a large, you can order a large from them? 

Yes. But they often have many different styles of stuff you can order (classic fit tee, tri-blend, women's style, etc...) so select the style that matches the type of shirt you most often wear.

Years ago my dc ordered me a tee from them & got too small of a size in a women's style. Red Bubble was very nice & awesome about exchanging it for the proper size.

We tend to order the classic tees, the tri-blends, or various hoodies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J-rap said:

I think that sloth air plant holder is just the thing for a family member!  Thanks.  🙂 

Yay! I hope that said family member will enjoy it.

We're giving our adult daughter some pajamas with a sloth design. Sloth seems to be one of her favorite words!

Regarding the historical letters:

19 hours ago, Stacia said:

Also saw this tonight:

I could see that being the perfect gift for someone. Thanks for the link, Stacia.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:37 PM, CuriousMomof3 said:

Ooh, I do like those, CuriousMom; thanks for sharing the link.

23 hours ago, MercyA said:

Now I have Raffi going through my head:

🍌☎️😊

And now I'm humming:

You brush your teeth ch ch ch ch, ch ch ch ch
You brush your teeth ch ch ch ch, ch ch ch ch

Thank you, MercyA...I think!

22 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

The mealworms arrived! And all over the box it says: not for human consumption. Is this generally a problem???? 

That's a scary thought!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kareni said:

Oh no, the links come back to here and now I'm searching the internet, desperate to see the proof is in the pudding bowls while my family sets out Thanksgiving dinner and I try to look serious, like I'm doing something super important. 🤔🧐😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Oh no, the links come back to here and now I'm searching the internet, desperate to see the proof is in the pudding bowls while my family sets out Thanksgiving dinner and I try to look serious, like I'm doing something super important. 🤔🧐😂

Oops, sorry about that! Now fixed, I hope.

Regards,

Kareni

• Thanks 1