Menu

Surgery and moving

Scarlett

Dh had neck surgery a week ago.  He is doing ok.  Has a neck brace on 24/7 for now....I think it will be on for another month.  We close on December 2nd. We hope to be out of our house the day before that and  out of the shop 30 days after that.  

We have removed the pop corn on the ceiling...retexturing and painting EVERYTHING.Painters expect to finish up by Friday.  New carpet being installed Monday.  New refrigerator being delivered Monday also.  

Going really well.  The big unknown is the appraisal on our house.  Appraiser coming today and I am always so nervous about that especially when there are no realtors involved in pricing it or selling it.

Getting moved with dh being unable to help at all is going to be so emotionally hard on him and thus us.  But  we can get through it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Good luck with your appraisal and your move!  We are refi-ing thanks to your threads. 🙂 Our appraisal  has been ordered and is in the process of being scheduled right now. 

What did you end up getting for interest rate?  We are still at 3.62.  I keep hoping it will drop some since we did the float down option.

I get it...  We went through that over the summer.  My dh is partly paralyzed (from a stroke) so could not help at all physically.  But he could think through everything wisely...  I depended on that a lot.  I just made sure to allow plenty of time to get things done, and felt okay about asking for (and even paying for) extra help.  My dh apologized often for not being able to help, but honestly, his ideas and advice were more important to me than the physical stuff.  

Good luck!  It feels fantastic to have it all be behind us now!  But it didn't really feel to hard in the midst of it either, since we had lots of time and lots of help.  (I was really nervous about the appraiser and inspection too, but it turned out be problem-free and good!)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, J-rap said:

I get it...  We went through that over the summer.  My dh is partly paralyzed (from a stroke) so could not help at all physically.  But he could think through everything wisely...  I depended on that a lot.  I just made sure to allow plenty of time to get things done, and felt okay about asking for (and even paying for) extra help.  My dh apologized often for not being able to help, but honestly, his ideas and advice were more important to me than the physical stuff.  

Good luck!  It feels fantastic to have it all be behind us now!  But it didn't really feel to hard in the midst of it either, since we had lots of time and lots of help.  (I was really nervous about the appraiser and inspection too, but it turned out be problem-free and good!)

If I  can get the appraisal behind us I might survive.  I wake up at 3 a.m and imagine all sorts of outcomes. Ugh.  

I have had to do a lot of the thinking too because Dh is in a lot of discomfort and not thinking well.  He did go pick out and buy and arrange for installation of the carpet.  That was a huge help....because he knows about carpet and he had a specific color he wanted....um almost white but whatever.  I picked out the range and refrigerator and then spent hours finding them in stock. 

Tomorrow we are going to get the flooring for dss’s room....while I am out running errands for work.  Then this weekend, I will clean out the kitchen cabinets of new house and put in shelf paper....and clean the bathrooms well.....and really that is about it because everything will be freshly painted.  I will save recleaning the tile until after we move in.  So the rest of the weekend is to be spent on packing.  

Buyers of current house want to put up fencing for the back yard in the next few days.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1