Menu

If you are the praying type, I need some (UPDATE on 12/1 in a post on page 2 AND in OP)

DawnM

I am not sure they did the MRI.  I talked to her sister at 10:30pm and they still hadn't done it.  Then the nurse said it was crucial to have done it within a certain time frame after giving the medication, and they didn't do that, so we will see if they even do an MRI.

She was moved to a regular room.

Hopefully more healing today.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I am not sure they did the MRI.  I talked to her sister at 10:30pm and they still hadn't done it.  Then the nurse said it was crucial to have done it within a certain time frame after giving the medication, and they didn't do that, so we will see if they even do an MRI.

She was moved to a regular room.

Hopefully more healing today.  

I talked to my friend who knows a bit about imaging and they said there could be multiple reasons the contrast was given (if that is what you mean?) And MRI not done: 

Pt became unstable (sounds like this isn't it)

There was another emergency that needed MRI

Decided they didn't need a contrast MRI will do a CT scan instead.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

I talked to my friend who knows a bit about imaging and they said there could be multiple reasons the contrast was given (if that is what you mean?) And MRI not done: 

Pt became unstable (sounds like this isn't it)

There was another emergency that needed MRI

Decided they didn't need a contrast MRI will do a CT scan instead.

I found out they did the MRI at about 11pm.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I found out they did the MRI at about 11pm.  

Oh good! I was just trying to edit my post bc my friend sent me more reasons why it might have been cancelled.

(IVC filter, old stent, old orthopedic repair, resident wanted one and attending said no)

How is she doing? How are YOU doing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawnM said:

Well, the MRI found brain bleeding.  We will know more after the doctor comes in to talk to them.

I'm sorry...

My person is guessing she was put on thinners bc of the MI so the bleed and stroke are secondary to the MI, but that most likely could have been "time bomb waiting to happen."

But they also said, if she is up and moving around and out of ICU, they might just watch and wait with the bleed, and hope it resolves on its own.

(((Dawn)))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, Chris in VA said:

Prayers for your friend. 

Something odd--I was literally just thinking of the name Lillian. Dd's ex-bf and she sweetly said they wanted a daughter named Lillian Christine. I was just thinking that won't happen now and was feeling rather sad. Lillian is such a lovely name and has been special to me for a while. It is neither here nor there, but I thought it was interesting to have the name on my heart today. 

I have always loved the name Lillian, too. If our son had been a girl, her name would have been Lillian Joan.

Dawn - I am keeping you and your Lillian in my heart today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was texted from her daughter this am.  I am heading over in a few minutes.  I am at the hotel getting ready.

Doctor just came out to talk to Mindy and I. He said the procedure went great. She did great! They were able to get the clot out without any problems. She now has full blood flow to her foot and a pulse has been found!

• Like 17

I haven't updated.  I have had a lot of bad news over the last 24 hours.  I have had to process it all.  But part of it is Lillian.

She got out Monday.  Then went back in on Wed. for lipedema in her leg where the clots were.  They kept her overnight.  She then went home Thur around noon and had a lovely Thanksgiving meal with her family.  Thanksgiving night/Fri morning around 3am, she fell out of bed.  Her daughter was there and went in to find her unable to respond to much, although she was conscious.  They called 911.  

Guys, she has now had a massive stroke.  That was 3am Friday.  It is now Sunday and she still cannot feel the left side of her body and they are talking long term rehab, as in months.  They also won't let her out of the hospital until they can figure out what is going on with her heart.  There is also concern that her kidneys are not functioning properly.  The doctor used the term "kidney failure" but I guess they haven't tested for it yet they are just saying they need to because she can't urinate without a Cath.   She is able to speak, although slow and a bit slurred.  She is coherent most of the time.

This has gone from looking very good to quite bleak pretty much overnight.

Please continue to pray for Lillian and her children.  It is looking like a long road to recovery.

• Sad 12

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I know you just got back, but are you going back again? This might be the time.

I cannot.  Not without taking days with no pay.  They won't allow me to count them as sick days (I have like 30 of those saved up) and are only allowing me to take them as Annual Leave days, and I used the only 2 I had.  And there are some serious things going on at work right now and if I take off, that straps the others with doing my work as it has to be done.

• Sad 1

On 11/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, DawnM said:

This has gone from looking very good to quite bleak pretty much overnight.

Please continue to pray for Lillian and her children.  It is looking like a long road to recovery.

Dawn, I'm so sorry to read things are not looking positive. I'm keeping you, Lillian and her family in my thoughts.

• Thanks 1