Menu

What's with the ads?

DawnM

If you are the praying type, I need some (UPDATE on 12/1 in a post on page 2 AND in OP)

One of my very best friends in the entire world, the person  I have known since the day I was born, is in the hospital.

She had a heart attack Sunday night and was recovering.  She has had a stroke this AM and was rushed to surgery and has a blood clot in her brain.

Her name is Lillian and I can't bear to think of living without her. She lives in OH and I am in NC but if she is still sick by this weekend I will drive up.

Please pray.  

My door to my office is shut right now, I am a mess.  I would go home but I can't as I have some meetings this afternoon.

UPDATE 12/1

I  haven't updated.  I have had a lot of bad news over the last 24 hours.  I have had to process it all.  But part of it is Lillian.

She got out Monday.  Then went back in on Wed. for lipedema in her leg where the clots were.  They kept her overnight.  She then went home Thur around noon and had a lovely Thanksgiving meal with her family.  Thanksgiving night/Fri morning around 3am, she fell out of bed.  Her daughter was there and went in to find her unable to respond to much, although she was conscious.  They called 911.  

Guys, she has now had a massive stroke.  That was 3am Friday.  It is now Sunday and she still cannot feel the left side of her body and they are talking long term rehab, as in months.  They also won't let her out of the hospital until they can figure out what is going on with her heart.  There is also concern that her kidneys are not functioning properly.  The doctor used the term "kidney failure" but I guess they haven't tested for it yet they are just saying they need to because she can't urinate without a Cath.   She is able to speak, although slow and a bit slurred.  She is coherent most of the time.

This has gone from looking very good to quite bleak pretty much overnight.

Please continue to pray for Lillian and her children.  It is looking like a long road to recovery.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 6
  • Sad 38

She is out of surgery, the surgery was unsuccessful.  They are hoping the meds break up the clot.

• Sad 11

Prayers for your friend. 

Something odd--I was literally just thinking of the name Lillian. Dd's ex-bf and she sweetly said they wanted a daughter named Lillian Christine. I was just thinking that won't happen now and was feeling rather sad. Lillian is such a lovely name and has been special to me for a while. It is neither here nor there, but I thought it was interesting to have the name on my heart today. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

Prayers for your friend. 

Something odd--I was literally just thinking of the name Lillian. Dd's ex-bf and she sweetly said they wanted a daughter named Lillian Christine. I was just thinking that won't happen now and was feeling rather sad. Lillian is such a lovely name and has been special to me for a while. It is neither here nor there, but I thought it was interesting to have the name on my heart today. 

That is sweet.  Thank you.

I am sick with worry right now.

• Sad 1

She woke up from surgery but now can't feel anything in her left side.  They have taken her out for more tests.

They were not able to remove the clot.  They put her on heavy blood thinners to hopefully get rid of it.  She is in ICU for at least 24 hours.

I had to shut my door to my office a few times to cry today.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

I'm so sorry.  Praying for Lillian and family, and for you.  Lifelong friends are hard to come by.  Hugs.

• Thanks 1

Hugs! Praying for Lillian and you and safe travels so you can go be with your friend. 

• Thanks 1

She is holding steady tonight and talking some.  She is dozing on and off.  She seems as stable as can be expected.  Keep praying.

• Like 9

That's a good sign!  My dh had a huge stroke with a large clot and they were not able to operate to remove the clot or give him TPA.  He survived and has made a huge comeback.  Anyway, just to give you hope!   Also, I think a right-hemisphere stroke (so her being affected on the left-side) is a lot better than a left-hemisphere stroke!  (What my dh had.)  I'll be praying for Lillian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1