Menu

Pierced ears that are still sore

Chris in VA

I have 3 piercings in each ear. (Bet that is surprising to some...😂) I got the last, "highest" one about 6 weeks ago. The new holes are still in the lobe, but in the upper part (so, not cartilage). 

I am still experiencing some pain, although they don't appear infected, esp when I lie down at night on my side. 

Any tips for healing? I actually removed the studs several times after the first month, to clean and reinsert, and to change to a different back in hopes of lessening the ouch. Last night I just took them out all together. Could it be irritation from the silver earring (nickle maybe in it)?

My oldest had her ears pierced Sept. 8th and they're still healing (can be sore at times, but no redness or sign of infection). We had hers done at a professional body piercing studio, and she has surgical grade labret studs in. We were told not to take them out or switch them until January, which surprised me! We also still clean her ears at night with spray saline (from the studio) and q-tips, just gently cleaning around the piercing (the brochure said 1 month, but DD says they feel better when we do nightly). Maybe your piercings are still healing and need left alone?

10 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

My oldest had her ears pierced Sept. 8th and they're still healing (can be sore at times, but no redness or sign of infection). We had hers done at a professional body piercing studio, and she has surgical grade labret studs in. We were told not to take them out or switch them until January, which surprised me! We also still clean her ears at night with spray saline (from the studio) and q-tips, just gently cleaning around the piercing (the brochure said 1 month, but DD says they feel better when we do nightly). Maybe your piercings are still healing and need left alone?

I agree with this.  My dd had her ears done at a tattoo place and was told the same thing.  Saline to clean around the piercing, but no turning them of taking them out for 4 months or so.