Menu

ACT prep recommendations for math

My son got his ACT scores yesterday. They were well above average, but not what he needs. He's never liked math and struggles with it, but he's been very diligent lately on doing his PreCalc work.  His ACT math grade was not good at all and that's a problem because he's interested in applying to military academies.  That math score is really hurting his composite and looks terrible next to his other scores. Does anyone have recommendations for a prep book or course that mainly focuses on math? Is it possible to raise his math score 4 or 5 points? I wish the single subject ACT test was available now so we could totally focus on math! 

I could also use some help with the essay section which he needs to take. What exactly are they looking for in that section? His score on that could use some improvement too.

Sorry I seem so needy lately. This is the first child I've homeschooled through high school, he's a junior, and he has high goals. I feel like I've failed him in some areas and I may be freaking out a bit.😨