Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

- Try to remove the picture in my mind of a poor young man beaten to death outside a Toronto pub (a vertebral bone was broken and this resulted in the death). I noticed the headline on a newspaper on my kitchen counter. Why did that paper get left on my counter? We don't even subscribe? But for the grace of God, it could have been my son. Not a great way to start the day. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Sad 5

Good morning!  

• coffee is done!!!!!!! ( I managed to set it up last night and not accidentally turn it on last night, turned it on a little while ago and have coffee already) For normal peeple. tjos os mpt accomplishment, but since my executive function has apparently almost completely disappeared, this is a happy accomplishment for me.
  • shower
  • breakfast and meds
  • get ready for physical
  • go to doctor appointment early to be sure I do not miss it. (I have missed it twice already)
  • Lunch I guess
  • call Express Scripts to schedule Cimzia
  • ask rheumatologist online for refill I forgot to ask for on Tuesday and check for results
  • Dinner????
  • Something else this evening???
  • Greet my dh when he comes home from his long day at meetings and then long flights.
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 4

((Wintermom))

Good morning! It is a regular Friday here- except that the house is mostly clean- because I did it on Wednesday. I might goof around in my sewing room or read outside this afternoon- it is supposed to be in the 60s today.

• coffee/paper
  • dh off to work
  • dd2 off to school
  • ds3 up and working
  • clean kitchen/morning chores
  • ds3 week review-
  • ds3 tennis
  • jen things
  • figure out dinner schedule- may shift things (tennis, late practice, etc)

Have a great day!

• Like 4

A quiet day here, I hope. Letting kids sleep in a bit. They are growing like crazy! Skipping a fun FT today bc ds and I are both sick and we just need a less busy day. The exhibit will be here through late Feb, so we haven't missed it.

School - esp English and History with Dd.

YNAB update and pay bills.

Work at church for an hour or two.

Dinner is ???

Watch a movie tonight. Either Rudy or Remember the Titans. Ds has a fun list to choose from for a BSA badge requirement. We may watch them all eventually. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Feeling like I can tackle the day now. Just watched a solid hour of comedians on youtube. Yay for youtube! Laughter is very good medicine.

To do:

- take ds to get his hair trimmed. It's a friend doing it. It will be a quick in and out, though, as ds doesn't even want to go, but I think looking less "scruffy" will make him feel a little less scruffy. Or at least I'll feel like he looks a little less scruffy.

- go for a walk with a friend.

- watch an on-line key note talk from a conference. It's recorded, so if I'm not up for it (which I'm not at the moment and it started 30 min ago), I can watch it when the mood hits. It's a well-known researcher in the field, but I don't know whether he'll be overly serious, a poor speaker, or annoying. I need to psych up for it. 😉 (I'm not too demanding, am I?)

Done:

- washed dishes left in sink overnight

- Coffee!!!! Yay!

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5

Good morning!

It's Friday!! Looking forward to a warmer day in the upper 30s. 

• office work - finish up my pile
  • vacuum upstairs & tidy up bathrooms
  • empty garbage cans & shredder
  • restock paper towels, tp, etc.
  • make weekend plans
  • kitchen work - restock veggie trays & do dinner prep early
  • read
  • dinner: skillet lentil lasagna
  • Like 4

On my second cup of tea. Coffee never appeals to me when I have a cold.
Dd is up and going. 
Ds is awake, but trying not to be. Grouchy bc he is missing the FT.

I have:
done about 7 AHG things, mostly emails
culled my inbox to 5 emails
checked dd's English and given the next two assignments
revised Wild Thing's assignment sheet

decided that dinner is nachos and jalpeno poppers (which will require a short grocery run)
decided that tomorrow's dinner will be something in the crock pot since I will be gone all day.
made the grocery list 

Next up:
order a couple of Christmas gifts on Amazon
prep for tomorrow - clothes, notebook etc.
maybe do bills and budget

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Laundry is going

kitchen is clean

ds3 is working- and upcoming paper was discussed. He really has worked hard to catch up after the mess of October.

chased squirrels out of the front garden. I know I look like a crazy person out there with a squirt bottle- but I am okay with that!

• Like 3

Happy Friday!

Guys, I don't know what I was thinking.  My kids are basically doing 4 projects (3 big, one little), at the AHG lock-in tonight.  We have been so busy.  We tried to get everything ready last night, but we couldn't do it all - one kid was up with me until nearly midnight, and today is a school day.

Today I have to wrap up what I can before they come home from school at 4pm, and then practice their presentations etc. and be in the car driving by 5pm if not sooner.

Today is also a report deadline day, and two of my clients have urgent stuff I need to work on besides that.

And my stomach has been giving me trouble this morning.

And my kids clogged their toilet really good.

Also - our handyman is coming to do some work today.

And I want a nap!  Dang!

For AHG here is what I have to do:

• Before the kids get home at 4pm:
    • Prepare t-shirts and shorts for inclusion in the shoeboxes - rolling up / rubber bands ....
    • Respond to some emails.
    • Research to understand more precise details of how to manage the packing - particularly the different age levels ...
    • Look up and contact someone in the area who is having a bigger packing party and arrange to coordinate with them for shipping.
    • Make / print some labels.
    • Empty my car of stuff we won't need.
    • Pack car with stuff we will need:
      • Operation Christmas Child shoebox stuff - clothes, toys, school supplies, hygiene items, extra supplies.
      • Things to eat/drink - cookies, chips, hot chocolate, teas, (and my coffee??)
      • Plates, cups, napkins, serving bowls, a water dispenser.
      • Our Keurig and CD player.
      • My personal stuff for overnight.  Co
  • Once the kids get home at 4pm:
    • Kids need to quickly pack their personal stuff for overnight.  Also wash up since we are not going to have great bathroom options.
    • Kids need to finalize and practice their speaking parts for the mother-daughter spa day they are putting on.
    • Kid2 needs to grab the CDs she is bringing for the event.
    • We need to grab the props and books for the spa stuff and leave.
    • Might need to stop at the store on the way and grab some Keurig coffees and apple juice.
  • At the event location before people arrive:
    • Set up OCC packing party tables.  Lay out donations.
    • Practice the personal care speaking parts and set up their parts of the room for their parts of the spa thing.
    • Set up music.
    • Lay out food, set up Keurig, etc.
    • As late donations come in, assemble them into the setup.  (Some plastic bags need to be completed.)
  • During the event:
    • Kids help folks pack their OCC shoeboxes.
    • Kids do their speaking parts / demonstrations for the troop.
    • Kids run their stations.
    • Mom does whatever is needed to survive the evening.
  • After the PIoneers' stuff is done:
    • Mom gets back to work as the client work is never done!

Done so far:

• Kids up & off to school bus mostly on time.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Finished a load of laundry from yesterday (folded / hung up / put away).
  • Sorted, rolled up, packed t-shirts for donation.
  • Sorted and packed shorts for donation.  May or may not do the rolling thing later.
  • Packed up all of our OCC related stuff that we need to take in the car later.
  • Plunged the clogged toilet.
  • Checked my calendar (no conference calls, yay).
  • Took an unscheduled call from a client - not yay.
  • Processed / caught up on emails, news, social media.  Filed a bunch.
  • Reviewed some work documents and sent some work emails.

Up next - for work:

• Make at least 1 wire transfer.
  • Review at least 2 more documents and provide comments.
  • Send some more emails promising analyses by Monday.
  • Complete Q3 financials for at least 10 entities - preferably more.
  • Probably some other things I've forgotten or someone will surprise me with....
Edited by SKL
  • Like 4